Gaddis Hotel

Great Value!

Costs Less than similar hotels

See Popular Hotels
Chev_85 Dec 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM

A group of ladies decided to take a winter holiday in Luxor, Egypt. We decided to stay at Gaddis Hotel after reading the reviews in August. In December, which was closer to our departure date, I decided to reread the reviews and they were all ‘HORRIFIC!’ To my dismay I decided to ignore the reviews because that could have been their own personal experience and besides it was too late. On first inspection of the Gaddis Hotel the reception staff where quite rude. When we went to our room it was dirty! It smelled like mold and cigarettes and the bathroom was disgusting. We had to shower in sandals because we were afraid we might catch something. At 4am we were awoken by the call of prayer which happened to be our next door neighbor. 24hrs in we ordered room service and the Bar Captain brought our food to our room where he sat on our bed and made sexual references to each one of us. We then talked to the General Manager where he promised to fire him for his inappropriate behavior. Two hours later we were meeting with our local Travel Agent in the lobby and saw the Bar Captain in the lobby talking to guest. This is when our experience turned into ‘HELL’. We requested to leave the hotel, they disconnected our room phone so we couldn’t receive or make calls, told our travel agent and police we were not in our room and gave them the wrong room number, they wouldn’t allow us to call the police, wouldn’t call our travel agent, kept making excuses for the phone line being down, promised to move us to another hotel but because we didn’t sign a statement stating that, we would not tell Expedia of our horrific experience, the Hotel Manager made us walk three blocks to the other hotel, during this time calling that hotel and telling him to make us pay cash. The Gaddis Hotel Manager and Front Desk Team told the Gaddis Hotel Security to follow me as I went into the streets searching for someone to help me, while he told the locals not too. Finally close to midnight my personal cellular phone finally worked and I was able to text my local Travel Agent and he came out to escort us to the police station. After writing up a report they put us in wonderful hotel, St. Joesph’s Hotel. Our 7 day holiday turned into a 5 day survival retreat because you go out into the streets or markets and are harassed, lied to and disrespected. We caught a horse and buggy and agreed upon 5 Egyptian Pounds and once it was over an argument escalated because he wanted 5 euro. When I tried to give him what we agreed on I was called the ‘B’ word, was told ‘F’ my country and Mother and had 5 men surrounding us demanding his money. Overall Egypt was a growing experience. Women have no rights what so ever and the Egyptian men do not respect them at all. Every time we voiced our opinion we were told to ‘BE QUIET!’ If it wasn’t for Elegant Voyage and the team of people they had to help us out we would have been left hopeless.
Expedia did not help us at all! They over charged for the events we brought such as visiting the Temples and Valley of the Kings and Queens ect. When I spoke with them they wanted more money, I will never EVER use this site again because if it wasn’t for their recommendation of this particular Hotel our Winter Holiday might have been more doable. I would personally like to Thank, ELEGANT VOYAGE, an Egyptian owned company because without them and their dedicated staff my trip would have been more disastrous!

Nearby Gaddis Hotel

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Luxor Travel Forum

Need advice about Luxor, Egypt? Visit the Travel Forum for Luxor and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Luxor hotel reviews