Iberotel

See Amenities

Luxor's best hotel

by written on February 14, 2010

Wow....absolutely fabulous!

Unique Quality: We've stayed at this hotel 3 times, each time we've been to Luxor. Incredibly the staff remember us each year and even the breakfast chef remembered what we liked in our omelette. Nasser the housekeeper on the second floor repeatedly surprised us with unusual towel displays shaped in roses, swans and figures sprinkled with flower petals. The breakfast selection is unbeatable compared to other hotels in Luxor, wide variety and excellent waiting staff. Our rooms were facing the street and was a nice diversion to sit on the balcony and watch the people and town spread out below. The gardens were really pretty and overlooked the floating pool and Nile. The staff are so welcoming and helpful. The masseuse was very nice and great value! The Italian restaurant was very good value. The one and only thing I can think of that was disappointing when going in Winter, the pool is toooooo cold to go into. I never saw anyone actually stay in the pool more than a few minutes in Winter.
If eating away from the hotel, have the kalesh or taxi driver take you to Maxine's. This is by far the best restaurant in Luxor! Ate there almost every night. Incredibly low prices with excellent menu choices. Also, check out Hod Hod hot air balloon excursion, worth every penny and a life-time experience to see the Nile and valley from above.

MikeBird's Profile Photo

Comfortable, river front hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 13, 2008

We arrived at around 7am just off the train from Cairo. We had expected to have to store our luggage until usual check-in time later that day but we were in luck and they found two rooms next to each other; 1 for my wife and I and 1 for my 3 offspring. That was a good start.

We thought the hotel was very good. Comfortable, clean, well equipped rooms to international standards. We only had breakfasts which were excellent with a wide range of hot and cold foods to chose from. The service was cheerful and swift.

One of the best features of the hotel was its location because it is well within walking distance of the main town though we did think that you'd need a taxi to go up to Karnak. Being river fronted means that some of the rooms would have great views. Ours was not one those.

The swimming pool was different. It's on a barge moored in the river. The pool was clean and a good size - about 20m. The gardens and terraces were very pleasant. A good place to have a sundowner drink. I even saw a Pygmy Sunbird feeding from the flowers.

Cost seemed reasonable to me. Sorry but I cannot remember the details now as I'd paid before arrival. It was far from the most expensive on offer - I think it was a four star hotel. I'd say it was good value for money.

Directions: At the southern end of the Corniche el Nil

jeanemm's Profile Photo

Swim on the Nile

by written on September 13, 2007

Our stay in this Hotel was wonderful, the trip was a Birthday present for my husbands 60th Birthday. On his birthday when we got back to our room in the evening there was a Birthday cake waiting for him from the hotel. We did not tell any one so they must have known from his passport it was such a lovely supprise.

The staff are great that is ALL staff.

Unique Quality: You can swim on the Nile without going in the Nile, the pool is on a converted boat on the Nile you get to it by walking down through the lovely gardens

Directions: Near the HSBC bank

Janani's Profile Photo

Safe and Friendly

by written on November 4, 2005

I stayed here the first time I went abroad on my own and felt very safe and comfortable throughout my stay. The hotel is located, like most others in the town, on the banks of the Nile and has lovely gardens leading down to the river. Its most noticeable feature is its swimming pool, which, along with a café and sunbathing area, is located on a barge that floats on the Nile and is connected to the hotel’s gardens by a small footbridge. After a day’s sightseeing on foot, it was very relaxing to be able to have a swim and then sit under the canopy with a book, as the whole thing rocked slightly from end to end, whenever a boat went past.

I had a very comfortable room and, although I was staying here alone, I was allocated a good sized room, with a double bed and sofa, where I found the furniture well maintained and the cleaning thorough. My room had a balcony overlooking the main road and I quite enjoyed sitting there, watching the people and traffic going, by although it could be noisy in the morning and I think most people would prefer a room to the rear, with a view over the gardens and the Nile.

There were plenty of options for places to eat at the hotel, but, as I was on my own, I felt most comfortable eating on the terrace overlooking the gardens and the Nile, which seemed less formal than some of the other choices. I ate there most evenings and found several vegetarian options on the menu, which I enjoyed very much. Their breakfasts were excellent, with such a huge selection of different things to eat that I could never manage to try everything I liked the look of each morning and only once had enough of an appetite to manage lunch!

The reception also had a nice cool seating area for those staying at the hotel with a dispenser serving chilled orange or sweetened karkadeh, making this a nice place to sit and write postcards or meet up with other people staying there. On my return to London, I hunted down a shop that sold dried karkadeh petals and drinking their tea always reminds me of sitting here.

Directions: Not far from Luxor Temple.

Nearby Iberotel

• Business Services
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Luxor Travel Forum

Need advice about Luxor, Egypt? Visit the Travel Forum for Luxor and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Luxor hotel reviews