Iberotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 49% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Luxor's best hotel

Wow....absolutely fabulous!

Unique Quality: We've stayed at this hotel 3 times, each time we've been to Luxor. Incredibly the staff remember us each year and even the breakfast chef remembered what we liked in our omelette. Nasser the housekeeper on the second floor repeatedly surprised us with unusual towel displays shaped in roses, swans and figures sprinkled with flower petals. The breakfast selection is unbeatable compared to other hotels in Luxor, wide variety and excellent waiting staff. Our rooms were facing the street and was a nice diversion to sit on the balcony and watch the people and town spread out below. The gardens were really pretty and overlooked the floating pool and Nile. The staff are so welcoming and helpful. The masseuse was very nice and great value! The Italian restaurant was very good value. The one and only thing I can think of that was disappointing when going in Winter, the pool is toooooo cold to go into. I never saw anyone actually stay in the pool more than a few minutes in Winter.
    If eating away from the hotel, have the kalesh or taxi driver take you to Maxine's. This is by far the best restaurant in Luxor! Ate there almost every night. Incredibly low prices with excellent menu choices. Also, check out Hod Hod hot air balloon excursion, worth every penny and a life-time experience to see the Nile and valley from above.

• MikeBird's Profile Photo

Comfortable, river front hotel

We arrived at around 7am just off the train from Cairo. We had expected to have to store our luggage until usual check-in time later that day but we were in luck and they found two rooms next to each other; 1 for my wife and I and 1 for my 3 offspring. That was a good start.

We thought the hotel was very good. Comfortable, clean, well equipped rooms to international standards. We only had breakfasts which were excellent with a wide range of hot and cold foods to chose from. The service was cheerful and swift.

One of the best features of the hotel was its location because it is well within walking distance of the main town though we did think that you'd need a taxi to go up to Karnak. Being river fronted means that some of the rooms would have great views. Ours was not one those.

The swimming pool was different. It's on a barge moored in the river. The pool was clean and a good size - about 20m. The gardens and terraces were very pleasant. A good place to have a sundowner drink. I even saw a Pygmy Sunbird feeding from the flowers.

Cost seemed reasonable to me. Sorry but I cannot remember the details now as I'd paid before arrival. It was far from the most expensive on offer - I think it was a four star hotel. I'd say it was good value for money.

Directions: At the southern end of the Corniche el Nil

• jeanemm's Profile Photo

Swim on the Nile

Our stay in this Hotel was wonderful, the trip was a Birthday present for my husbands 60th Birthday. On his birthday when we got back to our room in the evening there was a Birthday cake waiting for him from the hotel. We did not tell any one so they must have known from his passport it was such a lovely supprise.

The staff are great that is ALL staff.

Unique Quality: You can swim on the Nile without going in the Nile, the pool is on a converted boat on the Nile you get to it by walking down through the lovely gardens

Directions: Near the HSBC bank

• Janani's Profile Photo

Safe and Friendly

I stayed here the first time I went abroad on my own and felt very safe and comfortable throughout my stay. The hotel is located, like most others in the town, on the banks of the Nile and has lovely gardens leading down to the river. Its most noticeable feature is its swimming pool, which, along with a café and sunbathing area, is located on a barge that floats on the Nile and is connected to the hotel’s gardens by a small footbridge. After a day’s sightseeing on foot, it was very relaxing to be able to have a swim and then sit under the canopy with a book, as the whole thing rocked slightly from end to end, whenever a boat went past.

I had a very comfortable room and, although I was staying here alone, I was allocated a good sized room, with a double bed and sofa, where I found the furniture well maintained and the cleaning thorough. My room had a balcony overlooking the main road and I quite enjoyed sitting there, watching the people and traffic going, by although it could be noisy in the morning and I think most people would prefer a room to the rear, with a view over the gardens and the Nile.

There were plenty of options for places to eat at the hotel, but, as I was on my own, I felt most comfortable eating on the terrace overlooking the gardens and the Nile, which seemed less formal than some of the other choices. I ate there most evenings and found several vegetarian options on the menu, which I enjoyed very much. Their breakfasts were excellent, with such a huge selection of different things to eat that I could never manage to try everything I liked the look of each morning and only once had enough of an appetite to manage lunch!

The reception also had a nice cool seating area for those staying at the hotel with a dispenser serving chilled orange or sweetened karkadeh, making this a nice place to sit and write postcards or meet up with other people staying there. On my return to London, I hunted down a shop that sold dried karkadeh petals and drinking their tea always reminds me of sitting here.

Directions: Not far from Luxor Temple.

More about Iberotel

Great hotel, great service

by TripAdvisor Member VVBrussels

We just came back from Luxor, and we loved everything in this hotel. It has a human size (180 rooms), it is well located close to the center, yet it is it quiet if you take a room with nile view, which we can only recommend: you will enjoy the beauty of the Nile day after day. The pool is literally on the Nile: it is a bit like taking a cruise, but beware: its water is cold in January! The hotel also owns a boat, the only boat that sails north to Denderah. Breakfast and dinner buffets are excellent and varied. What made our stay really enjoyable, though, was the staff's exceptional friendliness: their personal attention, their fast responses, their humor. There are very few places where you find such personal attention . We warmly recommend this hotel.

Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member bettiBelfast

Great hotel -
good and (only a few) bad points

Good
- Very clean, spacious, modern hotel
- Staff very friendly and excellent service
- Breakfast large selection good quality
- Nile view room wonderful
- Convenient location to luxor centre/temple
- Swimming pool area & view superb

Bad
-Lack of entertainment in evenings
-High price of drinks in bar (however this would probably be the same in all the tourist hotels)

Tips
- Try Ali Babas bar upstairs near Luxor Temple for cheap beer and great views
-Sofra restaurant - in residential area - absolutely wonderful traditional Egyptian food, very cheap, excellent service, beautiful decor etc (See [----])

Must upgrade to Nile View

by TripAdvisor Member turkeyfan

This hotel is centrally located on a roundabout between the main hotel drag and the promenade, a short walk from the Luxor Temple and ferry crossing to the West Bank. It is an unimposing modern building compared to other neighbouring marble-pillared hotels.

We were initially given a room which smelled strongly of cigarettes and looked in need of redecoration. We requested a non-smoking room and were moved to one which smelled somewhat better except when the air conditioning was turned on. Unless you pay to be upgraded to a rear Nile view room or bring ear plugs it is unlikely you will sleep because of the traffic and general street noise. Standard rooms either face the main road which is too polluted to be able to sit on the balcony or internal rooms overlooking the foyer with plastic plants on the balconies. We eventually decided to pay an upgrade to a Nile view room.

The good points: Pleasant buffet restaurant with excellent breakfast selection, egg and pancake station. Staff very friendly and helpful. Doors open onto attractive cafe/bar terraces leading down to the Nile with lovely views.

Bad points: Small gloomy modern bar, smoke-filled with insufficient seating, lacking in atmosphere. Only other indoor place to sit in the hotel was the uncosy marble foyer/atrium area, mostly just used as a waiting area. No entertainment provided which may not be such a problem in the warmer months but it was too cold in February to sit outside. The "floating" rectangular swimming pool was unheated and was unused by all but a few hardy children.

Rooms were generally adequate with modern marble bathrooms but carpets were grubby and bedding past it's prime. Had problems with heating not working properly and very poor reception on our TV which they did not manage to fix.

In general I would consider this 4 star hotel to be of a 3 star standard and fine as a base for visiting the sites but for anyone wanting to spend time in the hotel itself would advise going for a 5 star such as the Meridien Nile Palace with a lovely pool and flower-filled eating areas or Sonesta St George both of which have good restaurants and facilities.

Wonderful holiday staying at this hotel in Luxor

by TripAdvisor Member LsaKingswinford

Just returned, (14.2.07) from 7 night holiday staying at this lovely cosmopolitan Hotel. Booked a Late Deal Thomson 4* AOA. It was perfect in every way for us. Room cosy, very clean and everything in working order! Side Nile view 4th floor room which we personally really liked. Take ear plugs if light sleeper although it never bothered us. Every member of staff we met seemed to be happy, cheerful and nothing too much trouble. Wonderful to sit on the terraced gardens admiring the views of the Nile. Snacks and drinks served very promptly. Pool area always had a sun bed free although there were the usual people placing towels........ Breakfast room was never over crowded and food very good. Would not hesitate to recommend.
As the info I gleaned from this site was so useful to us, I will add a few things of my own.

Take ferry to West Bank,(20p) and go to Nile Valley Hotel. Sit on left hand side of roof terrace for views of the local life and interesting comings and goings of the tour busses/ferries etc, etc. Saw group of Chinese people riding down from the sites on donkeys with white masks covering their mouths. We went here for a quick drink after reading about it on this site and stayed 3 hours, taking in lunch. Absorbing. Very welcoming too.

We had been to many of the sites before. This time we strolled the back streets/markets of Luxor. Took day trip on Lotus boat to Dendera. So relaxing and great value too. Booked through Jolly's.

Finally food. Ate at Sofra's. Stumbled on this restaurant, (difficult to find on foot) which served excellent Egyptian food and had lovely ambiance although we found it a little chilly but we did decide to eat on the roof terrace!

Maxim's- Favourite for us and alot of other people. Just go and try this one. We had 3 evening meals here. All good. Past KFC on left.

The Lantern. 1 excellent meal here.

Drinks in Winter Palace. Pleasant experience.
Other places visited were all ok but "no further comment" - it could have just been us.

Health -No tummy problems. Am very careful though - think you have to be. Have fun.

Hotel

by liveid78

I am wondering if anyone have any feed back on this hotel "Iberotel Luxor". Planning to stay there July 11 to 13

Re: Hotel

by liveid78

ANyone knows the best way to get from the airport to the Sheraton hotel in Luxor?

Comments