Luxor Hotels

Our Members Say

• peggylws profile photo peggylws
  • Reviews: 4

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

New Radwan Hotel: A great deal

This hotel is a good deal for budget travellers. It costs EP60. Clean, spotless room, air-conditioning, private bath. It is very conveniently located - just next to the train station. There is a pastry/bread shop next to the hotel too. A great thing for someone with a sweet tooth. Though the hotel is not a big one, it does have a little swimming pool.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written May 23, 2004

• Sneaky profile photo Sneaky
  • Reviews: 9

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Police Contact details: Hotel assistance

If you do encounter any problems, then initially approach the reception at your hotel, who should and will offer you some very handy assistance.

If you need to contact the policefor any reason, take a noe of these names as I found them to be the most helpful...

Transport Police - Major Omar Katab
Tourist Police - Col Hagez Hussen.
Maj Ashraf Shrief.

The staff at you hotel should be very helpful and also useful for interpreting and providing handy information on good deals.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written December 6, 2003

• RawdgerDodger profile photo RawdgerDodger
  • Reviews: 108

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Dahayiba Luxury Boat: Sail in Style on the Nile Aboard a Dahayiba

Our stay aboard a suped-up modern day dahabiya for a week and a half was awesome! My family and I chose the dahabiya as we thought that it would be better to sail along the Nile rather then take a bus from here to there from a hotel. We weren't disappointed. Aboard the Dahabiya, we were treated like kings and were fed three meals a day and all the drinks we could drink. The meals were cooked aboard the dahabiya and if we weren't on an excursion to one of the many temples en route from Luxor to Aswan, we were playing card games, backgammon, and Scrabble.

The dahabiya's price includes all food and drink as part of the package. Our cost was $3,000 PER AIR CONDITIONED CABIN for our 10 day stay. A cabin holds two people. The fee also depends on what time of the year you decide to sail along the Nile. We chose the first weeks of May as it is cheaper at this time then in March or April. The dahayiba has a airconditioned stateroom inside and if you want to take a break from the heat above deck. The stateroom and entire dahabiya is constructed in an elegant plush "British style" and has everything from a Television/DVD player to books and boardgames.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Photography, Family Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written May 27, 2007
Tip Photo

Sunrise on the Nile

• jetsetter45 profile photo jetsetter45
  • Reviews: 8
Fontanna Pension Louxor: traveller warning AVOID!!!

This is a formal warning to all potential visitors to Fontanna Pension In Sharia radwan off television street. If you are self respecting avoid this dive like the plague. Whilst I didn`t stay here thankfully,
my Egyptian husband went to view a room a few days ago,we only were staying in Louxor for one night so my Egyptian husband went into the Fontanna pension to get a price but ended up paying a price without staying. The maid showed him the room and came to receptionand accused him of stealing money from her,the son of the owner then started pushing him around and a nasty mob of
15/20 men gatherd and started to beat my husband and took 200le out of his wallett and photocopied his id card, two men saved him and he came to me very upset and barely able to speak,finally he told me in tears of this vile incident.I then insisted we go to the police he said he had no faith in police but I insisted but first we had to go back to the scene. This was hard for him but I insisted this was for the good of other potential victims. However when we got there the two men who had saved him insisted the owner wanted to speak to us, they came with us as witnesses and the owner said it wasa mistake and his son had been hasty. He gave us drinks but I refused as I didn`t want to be accused of stealing as well. The owner said he had refunded the maid if any money had even been stolen as they couldn`t pinpoint the theif,if there was one. The owner was made aware I was European and might involve the police so was being phoney with me. He apologised to us and my husband decided to drop the issue to prevent future problems. I raised the issue of his money being removed from his wallet and the owner should reimburse but my husband said maybe he had lost it even though he knew the truth. The owner said everything happened at once as the other guest requested tea at the time of my husbands visit re price enquiry. So the incident was closed at my husbands request to forget it even though he can`t it has affected him badly and he is not a theif he has never stolen from me and he is a good man.even the two men who rescued him said this and they had only met him once. I believe you must publish this review as not to do so would be condoning this vile incident and encourage a future reoccuorance. This is a warning to all selfrespecting travellers. Incidentally this fontanna pension not to be confused with Fontanna hotel, is a place of ill repute a brothel and is used by cheap women and also drugs haven. Maybe the maid was disappointed my husband was not interested and needed to make some fast money.The whole incident is very underhand and ruined my holiday.

none whatsoever. It is on a dodgy and dingy sidestreet at the end and the sign is white with blue writing.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive