Luxor Hotels

• Sneaky profile photo Sneaky
  • Reviews: 9

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Police Contact details: Hotel assistance

If you do encounter any problems, then initially approach the reception at your hotel, who should and will offer you some very handy assistance.

If you need to contact the policefor any reason, take a noe of these names as I found them to be the most helpful...

Transport Police - Major Omar Katab
Tourist Police - Col Hagez Hussen.
Maj Ashraf Shrief.

The staff at you hotel should be very helpful and also useful for interpreting and providing handy information on good deals.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written December 6, 2003

• jetsetter45 profile photo jetsetter45
  • Reviews: 21
Fontanna Pension Louxor: traveller warning AVOID!!!

This is a formal warning to all potential visitors to Fontanna Pension In Sharia radwan off television street. If you are self respecting avoid this dive like the plague. Whilst I didn`t stay here thankfully,
my Egyptian husband went to view a room a few days ago,we only were staying in Louxor for one night so my Egyptian husband went into the Fontanna pension to get a price but ended up paying a price without staying. The maid showed him the room and came to receptionand accused him of stealing money from her,the son of the owner then started pushing him around and a nasty mob of
15/20 men gatherd and started to beat my husband and took 200le out of his wallett and photocopied his id card, two men saved him and he came to me very upset and barely able to speak,finally he told me in tears of this vile incident.I then insisted we go to the police he said he had no faith in police but I insisted but first we had to go back to the scene. This was hard for him but I insisted this was for the good of other potential victims. However when we got there the two men who had saved him insisted the owner wanted to speak to us, they came with us as witnesses and the owner said it wasa mistake and his son had been hasty. He gave us drinks but I refused as I didn`t want to be accused of stealing as well. The owner said he had refunded the maid if any money had even been stolen as they couldn`t pinpoint the theif,if there was one. The owner was made aware I was European and might involve the police so was being phoney with me. He apologised to us and my husband decided to drop the issue to prevent future problems. I raised the issue of his money being removed from his wallet and the owner should reimburse but my husband said maybe he had lost it even though he knew the truth. The owner said everything happened at once as the other guest requested tea at the time of my husbands visit re price enquiry. So the incident was closed at my husbands request to forget it even though he can`t it has affected him badly and he is not a theif he has never stolen from me and he is a good man.even the two men who rescued him said this and they had only met him once. I believe you must publish this review as not to do so would be condoning this vile incident and encourage a future reoccuorance. This is a warning to all selfrespecting travellers. Incidentally this fontanna pension not to be confused with Fontanna hotel, is a place of ill repute a brothel and is used by cheap women and also drugs haven. Maybe the maid was disappointed my husband was not interested and needed to make some fast money.The whole incident is very underhand and ruined my holiday.

none whatsoever. It is on a dodgy and dingy sidestreet at the end and the sign is white with blue writing.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 7, 2013

• chizz profile photo chizz
  • Reviews: 451

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

M/S Melodie: Cruising down the Nile

Imaginative Traveller use the M/S Melodie for their Nile cruises which is quite an old boat with basic accommodation. Saying this, bedding is very clean and staff are friendly and helpful. Food on board is buffet style and tasty, although can get a bit repetitive after a while.
We had a small double cabin on the top deck which was nice as it had it's walkway which acted as a kind of balcony for us - nice to keep the cabin door open as we sailed down the Nile!
On the top deck you had a small pool and sun loungers. The middle deck had the entertainment area, bar and small shop and below this was the reception and restaurant.
Our cruise lasted for 7 days on the boat and most days we would make a stop in different destinations to go sightseeing.

Staff were great and prices of drinks were fair.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written January 8, 2009
Tip Photo

M/S Melodie

• tarek.lotfy profile photo tarek.lotfy
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nile Cruise: The Oberoi, Zahra

we spent a week of our holiday on the magnificent Zahra.

Fortunately, we were able to book one of these grand Suites on the Luxor to Aswan trip and we have absolutely no regrets.

We were welcomed in Luxor with drinks and the wonderful attentive Zahra Manager and staff. Docked at its own mooring site, there was no need to climb from one boat to the other. The dock for the Zahra in Luxor is past the Sheraton Hotel towards the bridge… further down the Nile from Luxor Temple.

SUITE - a smart layout of the living room with dining table, sofa, plasma, writing desk, tea/coffee facilities, mini-bar; bedroom with under-bed lighting, reading lights, plasma, views the Nile through the bathroom and living room windows; walk-in closet with electronic safe, bathroom with a huge double shower, bath, double sinks, hair-dryer, huge windows; and finally the private deck complete with 2 cushioned sunbeds, chairs and Jacuzzi with shade. Our private deck was accessible from the Sun Deck.

The cruise itinerary is unique there are five days of sailing during the cruise, the visits are organised in special time, when temples are not busy. Guests were divided into small groups and taken to tours via the air-conditioned Mercedes people carriers. Guests were offered bottles of water for the trips which came in a shoulder length bottle holder. Many of the trips were early morning or late afternoon leaving us time to be pampered in the Spa or hair-dressers, relax in the Cigar lounge, spend time in the gym and to simply relax by the swimming pool on the Sun Deck. There is a choice of dvd’s should you wish to escape the rest of the guests and staff and chill out in the suite. Whenever we returned to the boat from a trip, we were once again greeted by the friendly staff with cold soaked towels, a refreshing touch.

EATING / DRINKING - Food on the Zahra was outstanding. Breakfast consisted of a variety of hot food, pastries, fruits and cereals. there is also a la cart items. Lunch was available either in the restaurant or on the Sun Deck. To be honest, nothing could be beat being on the Sun Deck watching the Nile sites go by under their cool mist of water Lunch offers included: tempura prawns, Oberoi burger, Asian salad etc. Dinner in the restaurant was simply magnificent. The attentive chef who greeted all the guests personally at some point during the week gave attention to what every guest wanted. An authentic evening of Egyptian food was on offer for one night and then a full Indian meal on another. We were spoilt.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive