4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Satisfaction Average

Costs 48% less but rated 13% lower than other 4.5 star hotels

• itrek's Profile Photo

The worst 5* hotel I've ever been to

I only stayed in Isis for one night and moved to Nile Palace next door, which was much better than Isis. I have no idea how Isis got it's 5* rating, it's definitely not worth it. I would give it 3* max.
    The finishing was not up to the standard (but it is something you can live with), moreover, the towels were filthy, the curtains were grey from dirt, bed headboards were greasy, as well as the coat hangers (had to wash them before putting anything on them). Also, the facilities were closed (the large swimming pool and the gym). I don't mind basic accommodation when I travel, but I prefer it clean. Plus, when you expect to get a 5* hotel and you get this....

• misr's Profile Photo

Nice hotel

Stayed for one week in this hotel. The balkony was to the side of the Nile, not the street. If you have the street side room, you may wake up early, when they start to call to pray.
    The rooms are big enough, not maybe the latest fasion or even so new. But clean.
    And we did move a lot at day time around Luxor and the longest time to spend in the room was at night to sleep.
    The hotel service was good, and there is a Italian restaurant, La Terrazza, where we went every evening. Food was good and the service even better.

Unique Quality: There are swimming pools, tennis court and squash court. But didn´t try any of thees (I like to walk around in temples, museums and tombs)

• Not so small and over-friendly

I stayed here on and off during my stay in Egypt in 2003.
    I took advantage of their offer to stay a few days in their sister hotel in Aswan.
    The Pyramisa Isis is not in the centre of Luxor. It's either a 10 - 15 minute walk to the centre (and in the heat it feels a lot longer), or you hail one of the permanent caleches or taxis.
    The setting for the Pyramisa is not anything special, but it does back onto the Nile. The rooms are basic but well maintained and the staff are friendly, if not a little 'sticky' at times. As I experience staff that only were there if needed in Aswan, I felt a little 'over-protected' in the Pyramisa Isis Luxor. They were friendly and helpful, but I like to do things on my own, too!
    The two pools were great - if one is being cleaned the other is available. But as I stayed out of season the hotel wasn't really full and perhaps if the hotel is full the poolsides would be overcrowded.
    And I didn't get stung by a single mosquito during my stay!
    The food was good. Once a week a meal was served outside - which, personally, I would have liked to eat outside most nights.
    There is also a Chinese and Italian restaurant on the premises which serve good but not amazing food.
    Beware of the felucca guys at the back of the hotel! One family during my stay ended up hiring one guy every day out of guilt.
    The hotel took care of my bags while I travelled to Cairo and Aswan and the towels were shaped into swans festooned with flowers every day. I would not give the hotel 4 stars, but as a three star it is of good quality.
    The jewellry and perfume shops in the hotel are honest - the gold is real and the perfume pure.

Directions: About 15 minutes from the centre.

More about Pyramisa Isis Hotel & Suites Luxor

Isis Hotel, Luxor, Egypt.

by kushari about Isis Hotel

Price per night (as advised at reception) is £25 English per person per night.

We got a great deal, 2 weeks b+b at Isis Hotel, inc return flights from Manchester, England for £320, from travel company from ITV's Teletext.
We had to pay the Nile View supplement in person at reception.
If you need more coat hangers, ask at reception.
I enjoyed spending the mornings walking through the beautifully landscaped gardens, marvelling at the exotic flowers and plants, birds in the gardens. Pay the extra for a Nile View room. It's less noisy on that part of the hotel and your room obviously has a Nile View.
I noticed the electricity power points were higher up in the Nile View Room compared to the Street View Room (maybe it was just a one off).
The rooms are spacious, very clean and air con is in good working order. It's heavenly to sit out on the balcony and sip bottled water and enjoy the view over to the West Bank. Great selection of tv channels on tv in your room.
Ever efficent room service with reasonable prices.
There was a fantastic selection of food at breakfast. I had fuul (stewed kidney beans) with potatoes for breakfast and freshly made pancakes with hot chocolate sauce on top.
The bar in the hotel is nothing special and entertainment was and still is limited as there are not enough tourists around to put entertainment on for.

The hotel has two pools which are always cold.
There are always vacant tables at their restaurants and a new feature is a 'fellah's tent' at the back of the hotel near the Nile. I haven't eaten there yet.

Staff are friendly without being sleazy (some other Luxor hotels take note).

Housekeeping are mostly female, obey the 'do not disturb' notice on room door and appreciate any left over toiletries you don't need any more, just write a note in basic English saying you don't mind if they keep them.

Nigthclub Isis hotel Luxor

by F.Lade about Nigthclub Isis hotel Luxor

In the hotel were we stayed over in Luxor , it were arranged an Egyptian evening , with excotic food , music and belly danserins. And also snakes dancing to flute music , an exciting evening. But remember that alcohol is relatively expensive in Egypt , and only available to tourists. Local beer is recomended.

Fantastic experience!

by TripAdvisor Member TravellingCandy

I spent a week at the Pyramisa Isis Hotel with two girlfriends. Having always dreamed of going to Egypt it was an amazing time. Our hotel rep was fantastic, prompt pickup at the airport and very friendly despite our flight being 6 hours delayed from London. Due to the delay we didn't arrive at hotel until approx. 2am, and had missed dinner (were on all inclusive package), only to find several huge platters of food awaiting us in our room - cheese, crackers, fruits, desserts! Upon waking on our first morning and opening the curtains, the view was just breathtaking - across the Nile to the Valley of the Kings on the west bank, and faluccas sailing by. The restaurant and pool staff were very friendly and helpful, and always had a laugh with us. The reception staff however were a bit more reserved and intimidating. We were never without a drink by the pool, and the swim-up bar in the pool was great! The room was clean and bright, and we were able to have 3 single beds as room configuration. The organised trips through the hotel rep were a bit overpriced, but great anyway - I guess they need to make money somehow. The hotel rep was very helpful when we each fell ill - purchasing medication for us from a local chemist, and ensuring that we recovered swiftly and enjoyed our stay. We tended to get hassled a bit from the various shop vendors within the hotel complex trying to sell us their ware, but this is the culture there so we just tried to ignore it and go on our way, without being rude. The ones outside the hotel were much more persistent! If you are polite to them they eventually will get the message that you are not interested, even thought they follow you halfway down the road trying! I wouldn't recommend females venturing out of the hotel at night on their own - we did have a close call with a dodgy local guy, but during daylight it was fine. The evening singers were ok, and the cocktails at the bar wonderful - helped us to make the most of the evenings and join in the singing! One night there was an outdoor dinner with traditional music, belly dancing and a whirling dervish - fantastic! I would definitely stay there again!

Five Star? Don't Make Me Laugh!

by TripAdvisor Member alanhaines

On the positive side the rooms and bedding are clean although in some cases the furniture is looking a little tired and the paint work a bit shabby. I would say that the rooms are not what you might expect in a five star establishment. If you do stay here I would urge you to pay the extra and plump for a Nile view, the vista across the street isn't picturesque and I can imagine it to be noisy. Even better if you can wangle a suite go for it. Its a bit more like it but still falls short of a five star rating.
The restaurant is an enigma. There is a large smoking area and some food is served in the smoking bit. Not the best of territories for non-smokers. Our first morning was met by a mushroom of blue smoke hovering over the bread station. If you like your bread (and clothes) smoked then this is the place for you. I also have severe question marks over the refrigeration of some of the foods especially when the hotel insists on serving dinner outside on the terrace. I can't imagine that unrefrigerated salads, meats, cheeses, etc. kept outside for three to four hours on searingly hot evenings is good practice. Personally I wouldn't touch it with a felluca pole. Having said all this and to be fair I think that the head chef does a reasonable job in attempting to satsfactorily feed large numbers of people. (One of the problems with the hotel is that it caters for a huge number of guests and day visitors using the restaurant).
I suspect that staff morale and motivation is low and this transmits to the guests. Staff seem to be constrained by managerial processes and then have to bare the brunt of guests disatisfaction. Afternoon tea and cakes for example just did not materialise on at least four of our seven days at the hotel. Also, take a look at the colour of the water that they use to clean the ice cream scoops. Make sure that they change the water before you ask for an ice ceam. Also, make sure that you check the seals on the bottles of water. Staff were seen topping up water botttles from the taps and replacing the caps.
I can go on. Knowing what I know would I use this hotel again? Probably not. However if you are on a budget I suspect that you can do a whole lot worse. Bed and breakfast might be a reasonable option (Based on the rooms being ok) but I should avoid, half board or all inclusive. It's really cheap to eat and drink out anyway.
When you exit the Pyramisa Isis turn left walk for thirty metres and you will come to Le Meridian another twenty metres will take you to La Sonesta St George. Now, THEY REALLY ARE FIVE STARS HOTELS.

more a three star not five

Stayed in this hotel for four nights in may 2006.Rooms were clean but decor dated.Views of nile were great.Staff very helpful especially when my partner was sick.Reception staff did not all come across as friendly.TV reception not great.Breakfast was good as large selection.Would recommend bed and breakfast only.Other restaurants ok although not all open as stated.Would consider staying here again but do not expect 5 star

a different expeirience!

by TripAdvisor Member WisbechDave

I read the reveiws before leaving so knew what to expect, most are very accurate. The transfer from the Nile cruise to the hotel was long winded for a short journey and we had no real welcome so took a while to find our feet not even a proper information pack was available. Food was fairly good and staff very polite and helpful they never let you run out of tea! except some reception staff who never smiled and made you feel unwelcome. Rooms basic but fair but the lift at pool end didnt always work also some of the hallways were fairly dark and bannisters often gave you a static shock!. Internet in lobby was a joke slow dial up often broke and only one old pc they still wanted you to pay even when it kept disconnecting.Swimming pools great didnt find them cold at all site restaurants ok but not all were open, entertainment was just two singers who werent very good and performed every day all week! they tried hard but was fed up with them by day 3, the belly dancers advertised never materialised so evenings were very dull in hotel, For food and drink try the Royal Oak Seven days 7 ways down the road excellant food very very cheap.
Overall the Hotel is fairly good for the price but not 5 star and it has great veiws it is popular with the older generation and kids might find the evenings boring with nothing to do.The TV reception was not very good especially in the evening and channels were limited. But would certainly pay the hotel another visit even after the minor negative comments

Almost the best in Egypt for it's price

by TripAdvisor Member k_staden

This place was the cleanest, most well organised hotel in Egypt (and I stayed in about 10 different hotels during a 2 week tour). What a welcome relief after a 18 hour overnight bus trip from Cairo! Thank you Pyramisa for a wonderful stay that I still fondly remember almost 1 year later. The cleanliness is the most shockingly wonderful thing because hotels in Egypt are not too great in that department (regardless of their star rating system).

Hotel Pyramisa Isis???

by noodles111

I have booked the Hotel Pyramisa Isis, for my honeymoon next March. Although it looks nice on the web, I cannot find it mentioned in many guides etc, which is slightly concerning me.

Does anyone have any information on this hotel, and can anyone recommend it?

I will be very grateful for any information. I am considering booking another hotel, any reccomendations???

Also does anyone know what the weather will be like in March.

Many Thanks

Re: Hotel Pyramisa Isis???

by siso010

never been there but Pyramisa series in Egypt is a decent one,I stayed in the branch at Cairo and it was cool,I think Luxor one will be the same.
hope that helps
./Siso

Re: Re: Hotel Pyramisa Isis???

by swisssinai

I havent seen this hotel recently but did an inspection a few years ago. At that time it was a well managed hotel and I found the house-keeping standards amongst the best in Egypt, unlike it' sister hotels in Sharm or Cairo.

Comments