4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Albatros Palace

Had a great week at Albatros Palace

by TripAdvisor Member VoyageuseDeCanada

We just came back from a week at Albatros Palace and really enjoyed our time. There really are quite a few places with the same name so to clarify on the front of the place where we stayed it says "Albatros Palace Resort".

Liked
Our rooms were very spacious and kept clean. There was a pretty good selection of TV channels in English (compared to other places I have stayed). My favorite was the empty mini fridge which had water and we put more there in the evening to pack with us for day trips. The safe worked well. We had lots of space to hang up and unpack clothes. The bathroom was spacious.

The restaurants were all fine, but after a week I was tired of eating there as the food all started looking the same. There was some variety during the week but it wasn't a huge difference from day to day. They did good pizzas and the fresh cooked eggs for breakfast were very tasty. The drinks and especially the bottles of water were in good supply.

The sunbeds by the pool were great. We spent most of our time by the pool closest to the reception area as it was the quietest. Getting towels was very easy and once you put them on a bed, you were good for the day. People respected the towel so you didn't have to worry about losing a bed while going for a meal or a walk. There is a nice pier that goes out into the Red Sea for some swimming or snorkeling.

The service was friendly and pretty reliable.

Disliked
We arrived at about 7 a.m. and were told a room should be ready at the latest at noon. Later in the morning, we were told that they actually had no room for us and we were sent to the sister hotel "Beach Albatros Resort Hotel" where we spent an unpleasant night. The room was tiny and the hotel was so noisy as our room was over the lobby. We were so happy to be moved to our proper rooms the next day.

The room was not always stocked properly as for a couple days we didn't have soap. Then we had two soaps and four shampoos, but we ran out of kleenex and never got more. I'm sure if we had asked for it, we would have received some, but it wasn't consistent.

The problem I would have with going to a pickalbatros hotel again is being concerned about being sent to a "sister hotel" again as I feel like it's too easy for them to do with so many hotels right near each other. However, we did really enjoy our week and I would consider going back.

A Jewel on the Red Sea

by TripAdvisor Member Queenthong

Just got back from the albatros palace and it was amazing. The rooms were big and clean, i couln't believe the choice in restaurants and the interior of the hotel was fab. After going to the royal albatros in sharm I choose to book this hotel as the one in sharm was brilliant too. Went to cairo and luxor too with mephsis tours and paid better prices from the uk than we would of done through the tour reps there in hurghada. As a travel agent i booked it myself at work and always worry if I've made the right choice and I 100% did. Great 10 days xx

BRITISH BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL

by TripAdvisor Member liverpoolcouple44

Booked a week away at "The Albatros Palace Hotel" 5* with my wife and on arrival we were ushered into a bar away from reception to what we thought was to fill out the necesary forms but low and behold were told we did not have a room!! But would be placed in the 3* HOTEL OVER THE ROAD what a shock this was as I had emailed the hotel 4 days before of our arrival and we were sent a lovely reply saying everything was fine and they looked forward to welcoming us to this hotel in Egypt with a pool view room which we had booked at extra cost . We had to actually argue with the hotel staff in order to get what we paid for (This is totally unacceptable from a 5* Hotel!) We also noticed other English family's having the same problem. We advised the other British people to keep on at staff and they would eventually get a room that they had booked. We moved into a pool view room the next day after spending 1 night looking at the the back of the Hotel overlooking the Hotel generator. We had to check with cleaners the following day to see which pool rooms were vacant after other travelers had gone. We informed the reception staff and finally got a room we had paid for. The upset and stress caused to both myself and wife was horrendous - this is not what you expect when you pay for a 5* Hotel!!!!!.
On a good note the Hotel itself was lovely, pools very nice ( 2 heated) the beach was nice, although the sand was a bit shingly. Bedroom are large with good size balconies. I would not recommend this Hotel to any British people unless you were travelling with a High profile Tour Operator ie Thomsons or Thomas Cook. As it seemed because we and some other British guests had booked through small agents i.e You Travel and On the Beach, we were being designated rooms at the lower rated Hotel or given badly located rooms in The Albatros Palace.
Dissappointed Liverpool couple

great for children

by TripAdvisor Member maria_melkova

We have just returned from the one week stay in Albatros Palace. The hotel itself is very nice, huge pool area. It is great for children. They have a pool for children with slides etc and a miniclub (10-12 am and 3-5 pm only). It is led by a german girl (speaks fluently english) and was superb. There is also a minidisco at 8:30.
The rooms are spacious and nice (some with poolview and some with ugly backyard view). They are cleaned everyday (and they fill the fridge with 2 bottles of water everyday).
I would only have some complaints:
- the main pool was terribly cold (it was in march). so you could only swim im a heated pool (some 1,1 m deep - so not really swimming)
- the quality of the drinks - they use local brands, which taste very strange (especially gin, combined with local tonic water)
- animation program is poor - you never knows if the team will come and where the activity is
Anyway, it was a nice relaxing holiday. But for the next time I would probably pick another hotel.

Fantastic Hotel - would recommend!!

by TripAdvisor Member HappypersonLondon

I have just arrived back after spending 1 week at the Albatros Palace. I went with my 9 year old son as my partner was working and what a fantastic week we had!

We booked a room with a pool view and that is what we got! We had no problems with being palmed off in to another hotel. The staff we incredibly friendly, probably even more so because there are a lot of Russians there, who are not always the politest of people, and the staff appreciated just basic common decency like please and thank you, which they always seemed to get from the few British that were staying at the hotel - but please don't let the minimum numbers put you off.

There was a good choice of food and a lot of it, and the abundance of fizzy drinks & ice-cream ensured the 9 year old was kept happy!

The pools were great, especially the heated one, all kept continuously clean, along with the rest of the hotel, which was spotless all week. They seemed to employ a huge amount of people to ensure everything and everyone was well looked after.

The evening entertainment was touch and go, some very good and some very bad, but the hotel was big enough to enable you to get away from it if you needed to!

We booked 2 excursions whilst we were there, a quad bike desert safari, which included camel riding and a 1 day boat trip and both were excellent too!

We are considering going back as a family towards the end of this year. I looked at over 40 hotels when trying to decide where to book this Easter, and Trip Advisor helped me with my final decision and this holiday was worth every penny. I would have no hesitation in recommending!!

The Hotel and

by TripAdvisor Member TheBigFish

Communism may have a lot to answer for, but anyone now experiencing the throngs of our new-found Russian friends in the Red Sea resorts, must acknowledge that at least it taught the masses a sense of honour, manners, and above all the ability to queue. Nowadays any of the resorts would be testimony to the fact that without communism, these people just behave like extras on ‘Shameless’ with scant regard for anything outside their circle.
I vividly recall seeing TV broadcasts showing well-ordered people queuing for all manner of things, but particularly bread. Well the noble apart of queuing seems to have been lost under all the furore of perestroika and glasnost.

The worst thing you find out about the Russians is that a deal exists between their respective governments regarding hotel fees for Russians, irrespective of star rating. Apparently it is $10 US per night.
And here’s me thinking that there seemed to be a lot of Russian single fathers entertaining their 20-something daughters to a few nights away in the sun !
So whatever the cost of your holiday – just think you are probably subsidising the Russians.
I’m not saying that other nationalities don’t spend their holidays displaying contempt for everyone else and having been doing so for many years, particularly if they have not been particularly successful in winning world wars. Nevertheless, they are hard pressed by those eager to embrace the decadence of the west, although with this new bunch it is more of a bear hug than an embrace.
We occasionally helped ourselves to a couple of breakfast rolls in order to take a stroll to the sea front and feed the fish off the jetty during mid-morning. It even caught on with other tourists, although when the Ruskies realised what was going on, jumped in to fend off the fish in order to help themselves to yet another free meal.

Hurghada is a massive place, littered with countless hotel resorts, and countless litter. It’s all been done in a bit of a hurry, and seemingly beyond the capability of Egyptian Construction Ltd, with a plethora of unfinished projects on the go at every corner. I think that during the current economic downturn, there is only one hammer to go round.
As Egypt is somewhere to visit to take in the splendour of construction work dating back some 5 millennia, to me it seems that it will probably take another 5 to finish off Hurghada.
Sorry – I’m meant to be reviewing the hotel – but the above needed saying and I needed to say it.
Anyway, the Albatros Palace is around 10 months old and located amongst other Albatros Resort Hotels. The adjacent Beach Albatros had the unfortunate tag as being referred to as the Beach Albatro-t-s. Enough said.
The latest addition to the chain is a rather grand affair with a desire to up the stakes. Unfortunately it suffers from tile floor syndrome, which is actually fairly common in these parts and understandable as regards hygiene.
However the corridors require ear-muffs in order to negotiate without the risk of hearing impairment. These thoroughfares are seen as sound chambers to try out echo technique, synchronised door slamming, stiletto on tile floor, or the 100m flip-flops race.
Again, the tiled floors surrounding the pool area are also a cause for concern. The sun-loungers are extremely comfortable, and are made of 1-inch thick treated pine. A fine structure indeed, but very difficult to manoeuvre due their enhanced weight. Consequently the straining tones of pine on tile has an excruciating tone as though you’ve encountered a colony of elephant-seals, braying for their territory and mating rights.
On the splendid polished-granite gantry behind reception and overlooking the pool are numerous cast-iron chairs and tables. The noise created by any repositioning of the furniture is now at least a semi-tone higher but in no way related to anything musical.
In addition the hotel’s proximity to the airport does bring into the equation aircraft noise, if that is a problem. In addition, on both Sundays we were there, the Egyptian Air Force hit town in their Mig fighters, along with a Chinook helicopter. If airshows aren’t your bag, try somewhere further out, but I enjoyed it.

Apart from that, the hotel is excellent based on the fact that you’ve booked Egypt.
It is a 5 star Egyptian Hotel. It isn’t a 5 star hotel.
Having stayed at the Bellagio in Las Vegas with a fountain view, I shudder to think what your average Yank would make of 5 star Egyptian-style.
Like – oh my God – like no sir-ee, duh – God bless merry-ka!
In Egypt you automatically get a star for having a spa, and then another for having a range of restaurants. Well the Palace has 4 – all different – apart from breakfast (when only two are open). Well that makes 5 then.
Nevertheless it is good, and the staff do go above and beyond to satisfy your needs and help you enjoy the holiday, although even the occasional noise and Russians are outside their control.
Cleaning is seemingly continuous, along with garden, beach and pool maintenance.
The restaurants on offer are Mediterranean, Tagine, both offering fairly similar fare, and an Italian, plus an excellent Oriental place offering Thai, Indian and Chinese. The stuff from the tandoor is mind-blowingly good, and the standard generally is superb and authentic. Despite a heavy burden on my insides from regular cuisine from here, I ended up suffering the usual, but without any cramps associated with illness. My problem was sheer gluttony.
It was also quite amusing to see some of our new-found friends, piling their plates high with Rogan-Josh, spicy noodles, Thai-beef, pilau rice, apple-fritters (with sticky sauce), and the obligatory bread. All washed down with a few whiskies.
As regards the drinks, the whisky is Johnny Walker Red or Black, and other local spirits were also seemingly branded spirits. The bottled beer is Stellar, and the draught is Sakara. The bottled is better and less gassy, but either way you get a tumbler poured for you, so I ended up ordering two.
The wine is quite pleasant across the board – red, white and rose all appeared popular, as did the cocktails. My wife felt the same spirit quantities poured into the cocktails back home would have allowed me to perform simple dentistry on her with no pain. She could easily have two or three during the evening, so you can draw your own conclusions.

Best advice on avoiding Egyptian Belly is, don’t have air-con on full, avoid alcohol during the day (if possible), eat the same quantities you do at home, and avoid fish (apart from deep fried). – It works. . We were told normal UK medications are no match for what essentially is a stomach virus – so if you need it, you need the local stuff, which is about £3 at a local pharmacy.
We weren’t aware of such problems, but there was a plague of chest infections and sniffles that we did get – but the sea was cool (19º), and the wind did blow so we might have caught a chill in spite of the warmth (28º). Make sure you bring painkillers – paracetemol are extortionate in Egypt. The locals don’t use them and choose to suffer in silence, but not in the pocket.
One of the pools is heated – it is essentially a dip pool surrounded by Jacuzzis, and few sun loungers.
The two main pools are unheated, although there were a few of our former soviet friends defying the cold at the swim up bar, where they attempted to maintain blood circulation via whisky chasers. They are brave guys indeed, and speedos are not the recommended attire for swim-up visits to this bar, as the well-known effects of prolonged exposure in the nether regions ensured that there they remained until all the sunbathers had retired to their rooms, in order to preserve their honour and dignity, or what was left of it.
We saw one guy whose favourite haunt was the swim up bar; he was in shorts on his way to collect a towel. He was completely white, apart from a lobster pink back, which clearly identified him as one of the regulars.

Live entertainment was offered on 13 out of the 14 nights we were there. During the second week the band were rather good, although were somewhat hampered by a karaoke singer who joined the set after about 45 minutes of their warm-up act. He had a smattering of English, little German and no Russian. He clearly thought he was good, and occasionally got the words right. Quite entertaining, but a shame on “his” band who were all fairly talented musicians.
There was an on-site disco, which was outside my comfort zone, so I leave it to others to pass judgement. Some of the punters did venture in to town to The Ministry of Sound, but were back by 2am, and all in one piece. Probably about as good as you could expect.

One trip recommended is to Giftun Island off Hurghada – about £50 for the day and you get lunch at the resort – Mahmya is the better one – but there is also one called Paradise, which only comes close. The snorkelling was truly amazing, and the lunch truly forgettable. But a brilliant day out all the same.

As a seasoned tourist I experienced a first-ever on this holiday. I have never seen another Brit nearly drop to their knees when you say do you speak English, but it happened here. There is a sprinkling of Brits around the place, so if you suspect they may be – then go and ask – it could be their saving grace!

Normal service returns when you get to Hughada Airport – the usual suspects are all over the place in their droves making you somehow yearn for the shelter of the Albatros Palace with only limited Brits on show.

I wanted a room with a pool to relax in March with not many kids knocking about, All Inclusive seemed the ideal solution and Egypt provided the weather. Having done the cultural stuff on a Nile Cruise previously this resort ticked so many of the boxes I required – just make sure they are yours too.

Enjoy

amazing palace

by TripAdvisor Member sallyemara

We stayed in Beach Albateos Palace last December for 4 nights.....This hotel is amazing.

we booked our room through hotels 4 u and it was a family room but when we arrived there they told us that they don't have any family room available(it was a mistake from hotels 4 u not the hotel) and they transfer us to another albatros hotel just right beside it called beach albatros resort which was old and ugly compared to palace and to make a long story short after too many phone calls to hotels 4 u in london and because the staff were really helpful and understanding we end up having 2 rooms pool view and we were more than happy.

Food is Excellent . 4 restaurants and one huge dinning area which allow everyone to pick his favourite restaurant and we still can sit together in the same table .

Swimming pools are fantastic specially the one with the kiddie slides my kids ages 12,10,4and 2 were all happy and having great time.

Becareful not to be taken for a ride

by TripAdvisor Member SonOfDurell

My Mum and I booked our holiday through 'You Travel' as part of my 30th birthday present, but on arrival, we were quickly ushered into a room and given a warm complimentry blackcurrent , which I later understood to be a peace offering to what we would be told. Within 10 minutes of arrival, one of the hotel staff members, who spoke very little English, told us that they didn't have any rooms available and that this was the travel agents fault and to follow him to another part of the hotel. We discovered that this was a sister hotel, directly oppoisite and was completely separate from the 5* hotel that we had originally booked to stay in. It was called the Beach Albatros resort and was apparently a 4* plus hotel....more like a 3*! The building was extremely old and musky, with ugly neon lights outside, tiny dingy rooms and a lift that was extremely temperamental. Our tour rep told us that the hotel had only been built 7 years ago...more like 17! Prior to booking, we had lukily done some research on the sister hotel and 90% of the reviews were poor, with a lot of families contracting food poisoning...eeek! Immediately we showed our concerns and requested to speak with senior management at the 5* hotel (Wafaeel. H), who after 3 hours of deliberating, arguing and refusing to budge, miraculously found 6 rooms that were available...ay?! During our 3 hours of deliberating, we also bumped in to, two other English families, who had arrived that day, but had been told the same thing. Although one family had been given a room, after stating that they would not leave the hotel until they had found one. The couple later advised us to continue to persist, in which we did and by 11 pm, my Mum and I were safely tucked up in our 5* luxurious hotel room, watching a movie on the plasma T.V. , which bared no comparison to the ruins across the road.

If you do decide to travel to this resort and encounter a similar problem, PLEASE PERSIST.....as they're plenty of rooms available, but in my opinion. most of these rooms have been allocated for Russians and German travellers who make up 80% of the hotels clientele!!!

great holiday, cute blonde (swedish) man

by TripAdvisor Member tasty_elli

The hotel ist fantastic. It is pretty big. The beach is as nice as the hotel. Everyday you get everything you want. They clean up anytime and anywhere. The stuff is absolutely friendly. What more can you ask for.
But I´m looking for the blonde (swedish) guy I met at the "toast station" at breakfast. We have seen each other a lot of times. You where there with your (big) family and I can`t get you out of my mind. If you have a mind to contact me drop me a line.

DONT GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member hols4evaneva

We returned home late on 8th May and are now commencing complaints procedures regarding the hotel. The Manager in the reception will be expecting this review as we advised him that we would tell the truth on this website which he obviously reads as he said previous reviews werent exactly true. We had booked a suite months ago and before we left for our hols we had become concerned after reading about other problems with rooms. This being the case we contacted our tour operator to obtain 24 hour contact numbers and advised them how worried we were, to be told that we definately would get a suite and if not it would be a problem of the hotel. Upon checking in we asked if the room was to be a suite, and at first the question was ignored so we asked again to be told no, just a standard room. We argued the matter and showed our documents then after getting nowhere asked for the manager. Eventually he came and was adamant that there were only 8 suites and they were overbooked. We argued for the best part of an hour - getting nowhere and being offered a free evening trip, massage, wine & fruit (free on AI anyway). Couldnt get a signal for phone so 24 hour number useless at that time. We were eventually taken to a standard room (which was the original one offered on check in) and told it was "one of the best". What a disappointment, the room was ok but the balconies have no privacy whatsoever, you could see onto everyone elses balcony for the whole length of the hotel on the side you were on. The next day a Med Hotels rep turned up and was told of the problem. He spoke to the manager but was honestly of no use whatsoever and just confirmed that the hotel was overbooked and it was a problem happening constantly at the hotel, and he was handling complaints from other families with the same problem at the same time. The family rooms were also overbooked and so everyone was put in a standard room. We were told by someone else that the Palace and the Albatros Beach next door (horrible!!) were owned by the same company and when one was overbooked people were placed in the other hotel but could only eat in the one they had originally booked for, and they had 2 different coloured bands on.

The rooms are nice but do not compare to other 5* hotels previously stayed at in Egypt. The restaurant situation is very good as there are 4 choices and you can either sit outside or in any restaurant (no problems with finding a table inside) but can get food from any. Also plenty of sunbeds and unusually there was not the usual early morning mad rush. The service in the hotel is not 5* either as plates are not collected from your table quickly enough, and you have to fetch your own drinks or continually ask. We have previously been served at our sunbeds and wine etc flowing during meals. The evening entertainment is dire, and the 40 or so chairs and 3 tables are usually taken early. There is no music or entertainment in the upstairs bar area, and there are not enough bar areas serving the pools.

To sum up, if you have booked this hotel do not expect to get the room you have paid for, or in some cases even the hotel. Take your playing cards (thats all there is to do in an evening). Make full use of all the restaurants, get your moneys worth.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the truth needs to be told and in my opinion if the hotel can not provide the rooms they should not be selling them.

Albatros palace hotel

by albatrosss777

Can anyone tell me does this hotel have a nice beach? Friend told me that last year they had some problems cause the beach was not finished and she wasn`t able to swim almost at all.
I have been to Staigenberger last year and now I wont to go to different hotel. Is this hotel nice enough?

Re: Albatros palace hotel

by al2401

I can't help you with that hotel but I stayed at Hotel Geisum Village last year and the beach was v good - it has a reputation for a good beach - about 3 star hotel. It is at the north end of Hurghada.

Re: Albatros palace hotel

by netyoda

I live directly across the road from the Geisum and use its beach frequently. It's a great place to relax.

I've seen the Albatross but don't know about its beach. I'll see if I can find out some more information for you.

Comments