Beach Albatross Hotel Hurghada

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• CRVENI's Profile Photo

HOTEL Regina Style

Beautiful beach...

Unique Quality: There are two gsm networks in Hurghada, and roaming is availabe with Serbia and Montenegro.

More about Beach Albatross Hotel Hurghada

not for everyone

by TripAdvisor Member blaze2707

Dont expect a rep to meet you or a welcome meeting we travelled with My Travel and got a total of nothing. The hotel was lovely even though there is very little to do except sun bathe or go diving thats if your into diving. Some of the trips are not all they say they are after paying for your trip you are expected to also tip the staff well not a good idea as they always expect it. Food is ideal if your german but dont think for one min its great cause it aint, entertainment is really boring for anyone but Ricco in the hotel bar is good. We found that the shop owners on site were really pushy and after 2 weeks found ourselves having to avoid them at all costs.
Would we go back Not a hope

Nice break but hard work!

by TripAdvisor Member fab5Berkshire

We went for 2 weeks dec 15 -29th.
On arrival at airport I needed the toilet..... beware £1 is almost demanded off you as you walk in.
You will not see a friendly face at the airport and my teenage daughters looked terrified. We arrived at the hotel and it was lovely. There was a mix up with our rooms and reception were not at all apologetic that we had to share with a family member who should have had their own room, however at this stage all I wanted was a shower and to relax and accepted what we were given.
We were given two brand new rooms which were obviously spotless.
First impressions: we were really pleased plenty of loungers and seating area's all around the pools ( they were freezing and at no point did anyone attempt to use them). There were a selection of shops in the hotel with what seemed like charming people in them! After a week of being nagged to death to buy perfume etc I could not stand the sight of these people. I found myself going the long way around just to avoid them.
The waiters, bar staff, animation team are all wonderful. they work so hard for such little money that you wonder how they still manage to be smiling after 15hour shifts but they do!
you will be constantly asked to buy a diving trip or a massage or pedicure, whether you are trying to sun bathe or even have your meal in the restraunt. Don't be tempted to be polite as this only makes them nag you longer! NEVER pay the asking price, cut them down to half and work from there.
If you have teenage daughters be prepared for sniggering men making stupid comments!!!
Apart from all the above I probably would go back. Just wish I had the knowledge I have now before I went as it would have saved a week of nagging.
It was a very reasonable break and at the end of the day, you only get what you pay for!

Good break typical egypt though!

by TripAdvisor Member vernon1978

Only arrived home yesterday after a diverted filght via gatwick to manchester and turbulance that nearly bought back every all inclusive meal i've had over the past week!

Hotel its self is large enough to immerse yourself in with rarely having to leave the resort pleaty of pools and bars and a few shope here and there

The shop keepers are typically egyptian and are very pushy apart from 2 or 3 shops that understood english culture and just let us browse and wasn't too pushy when it came to bartering with them

If you decide to get a Taxi in to town you will get the driver will probably pick you up also and take payment then - LE60 about £5.40 at the current exchange rate wich isn't bad for a 20 minute taxi ride each way, the downside is he dropped us straight off at a large shop he is obviously taking a back hander from and we were instantly dragged inside to be convinced in to buying something, Luckily enough this wasn't my first time in egypt and new how to deal with it this time

as is also typical with egypt tips are everything do not take your oney out in front of them keep a little in each pocket once they see you have a bit of cash on you they set there sights on it! it's all part of the fun though they are great sales men

A bit of advice - if you feel pressured on the streets remeber the egyptians are very expressive and use there hands alot to when talking so just walk past them and politely say LA SHUKRAN (thats how it sounds) whilst waving your hands away and hey will get the lessage and move on to the next and remeber if it all gets a bit too pressured just tell them you will make tourism police report and watch them run!

Back to the hotel - you get what you pay for it is a nice resort with decent food and more and more english people by the day!

hope this helps

Fantastic Holiday- Something for everyone!

by TripAdvisor Member *holidayfan2007*

Fabulous Hotel. Staff Always friendly and always cleaning! They don't expect you to tip everywhere. The food was great and there was a wide range. Fantastic holiday for everyone!

Things you need to know, we had a great time!

by TripAdvisor Member I-am-Clur

Just returned from Egypt visited 12th to 19th Jan 07.

Weather pretty good, rather windy about 70-80 degrees but goes cold after 4:00 PM and dark, but this is their winter. Locals in jumpers and hats, guests in shorts and t-shirts. I did get a tan! Swimming pools were ice cold but the sea was lovely after the initial shock, then you don't want to get out really salty though and you float. This Hotel has it's own lovely private beach. I guess it would be packed during the Summer months and a job getting a sun bed off the Germans! More about them later.

Hotel is very large, generally well kept and mostly clean and tidy, staff are lovely especially bar staff. Get ready to tip the staff as they earn very little and this is a major part of their income. 10 Egyptian pounds= £1 sterling. You could almost get away with just taking Sterling they love the British dosh. (a tip for the traveller, take £1 coins for tipping, expect to tip the driver of the transfer coach before he puts your luggage on board! And go to the toilet on the plane as they charge at the airport. More on this later)

My twin room was quite nice, could benefit from some updating but could not complain. Had a balcony and pool /sea view which was lovely and great to dry your swimming togs.
I enjoyed the food, plenty to choose from and tasty. Some say it's boring but there are other restaurants that you can pay to use for a change of scene if you like. I have to say it was a bit canteen looking no table cloths but place mats. On occasions I thought glasses could have been cleaner.
Tip: if you like spirits get some Duty free on the way, not to great local plonk, put it in a water bottle and top up your tipple at will. Beer, OK not the best but what do you expect for nowt. Bottled was best.
Tip: The plastic beakers at the bar stack, look at the bottom and work it out, very helpful when you need to bring 3-4 or more back to the table. (if you can actually find a table!)
ONLY DRINK THE BOTTLED WATER. Tap water is a brown colour, ok to wash but wouldn't want to ingest it!
Bell boy will take your luggage when you arrive, tip of course.

They do expect a tip at breakfast and hang around a bit but it's not expected. Our group put money in the tip box at the end of the week.

Hotel is full of Germans and Russians (as most hotels are in this area), they tend to be very very rude and to be honest the staff don't like them. The staff love the English and say we are polite and it goes a long way! I could not believe how the Germans spoke to the staff, it was like they were at the bottom of the food chain. At the end of the week I started saying please and thank you on their behalf. I am now all out of please and thank you's! I do not wish to visit Germany.

Be aware of the shops at the hotel, once you're in you can say bye bye to a couple of hours of hard bargaining and Egyptian Hospitality. Get tough and say Shackran (spelled incorrectly) this means Thank you and walk on by unless you want to buy perfume and junk which you can get from the airport for a fixed price on the way home. I got caught for a few hours one night and totally avoided this part of the hotel all week!
Tip: go to the reps meeting. I know people don't bother but you need to get the info from the rep. They will tell you about the trips available and while people told me you can do it cheaper think about it. They have insurance and it's really very well organised and you get excellent English speaking tour guides and trips are for English tourists together. The other tours put every one together, I would not have wanted to spend a day in the back of a jeep with a German /Russian! The English people who went on the trips with us were great and we had a really good time on every one.
I did Snorkeling at Sharm El Naga amazing experience, not sure how clean equipment was but I took my own, take a cleaning wipe with you it's goes in your mouth remember. Food a bit poor on this trip, but loads of sun bathing time and the fish were amazing.
I went to Cairo, £195 by plane. Well worth it, it was amazing to see the Pyramids and Sphinx and the Museum as well as all the extras in the trip. There were just 3 of us on the trip as one of us had the major trots and couldn't go and we had a coach and tour guide all to ourselves and she was awsome. I have her details if anybody want's to do this without paying a rep, as she can sort the sights for you. She even haggled with the locals who tried to rip us off, i.e. camel rides at the pyramids agreed £5 English went down a hill and back less than 2 minutes then when I got off the price was £15!! Be aware, then they want a tip on top of the price.
I am giving up the wedding car trade moving to Cairo buying a camel and ripping people off as you can earn a mint!!
Incidentally The Pyramids may not be located where you expect! KFC and Pizza hut are neighbours!
Tip: Don't go in the pyramid if you don't like confined spaces or have breathing trouble, you can hardly breathe in there. Tiny passage goes to the middle up and down and it's steep. Good to do but I really felt bad knowing I couldn't get out in a hurry and got panicky.
Cairo /Giza is filthy, busy and a bit scary, don't go on your own. It's a long way to the pyramids from Cairo Airport. GET A TOUR GUIDE.

Jeep Safari with the Bedouins. Awsome, well worth the money, oh yeah. If you have a bad back, neck etc. not a good idea as they do about 50 MPH through the rocky desert and you will be thrown all round the jeep. It's really funny, we were with an English couple who we got to know really well by the time we arrived.
The video man collapsed on the day poor sod, but he travelled on the roof of our jeep! Film quality very poor, £15 to buy no sound but you get a CD with Egyptian history with it.
Really informative trip and amazing how they live out there. Camel rides great and longer than the previous one cost 50p.
You can buy gifts from the bedouins, beaded things and herbs etc. quite cheap.

Health: We all had it, yes the dreaded trotts & sickness. One of our party was really ill and couldn't go to cairo as I said. Immodium did work for us so take plenty. I had it the day of the safari and after 3 pills I was OK for the 2:00PM trip, thank God because the jeep ........no I won't say.

Oh before I forget the T-shirt shop next to the reception in the hotel is great, this was the only shop we didn't get hasstle and the prices are fixed although they give discount for more items.

The staff/shop keepers like to say things like 'Lovely Jubbly' , come on in and have a butchers, and lots of what they think the English say! it's funny to begin with but is wearing towards the end of your holiday.
Oh the shop keepers all seam to have family in Yorkshire! They tell you all the bull under the sun to get you to buy.
Be aware that you will get people trying to get you to go to the trips /health club for a massage / various shows at the resort while you are trying to relax on the beach.

I thought massage was a rip off, they try to get you to book 3 - 4 at a time and I thought it was seedy with blokes everywhere waiting to slaver over you, there are women too. uuhhhh. The jaccuzzi was freezing and the steam room broken. We were disapointed and asked for our money back from the health club which we got. The facilities (steam room etc) were inclusive anyway!! Don't take valuables as they take them off you and put them in a bag somewhere. It was really filthy in there and I did not like it one bit. Tip: Have a look before you book.
Some went ahead with, massage who I spoke to and said it was OK, we thought it would be private and it's not! Masseuse was yacking to her friend through this ladies treatment, not very relaxing and she got cold.

There is a nice Doctor at this resort, he's the vice president of the hotel too! One of us had to see him in the week. It was about £45.
Quite reasonable really compared to some places.

To sum up, we all had a great time here, I would reccomend this hotel, Hurghada is still up and coming and there is a lot of building work going on but you can't see or hear it from this Hotel. Lots of tourist Police around which is good.
I didn't use a Taxi but be aware they do scam, you ask to go to town and get taken to his cousins shop! make sure you are certain that you have a price in the right currency.
Visa: get this at the airport, a free for all not well organised but will cost you £13. you fill in a form and they put a stamp in your passport. They are very slap happy about money in Egypt and I wonder how they keep track of it. They don't like giving receipts.

Our party didn't want to come home.
I hope this has helped contact me if you need any advice I may be able to help.

Have a good time.

Great hotel shame about the food.

by TripAdvisor Member sthyorkslass

when you arrive make sure the room they select is the one you booked, we booked a sea view and only got what we had booked finally after three atempts. How ever when they got it right it was a lovely clean room.

I travelled with my partner and 7yr old daughter and every night we all struggled to find something to eat (and we eat anything) this is the only down side but very important in an all inclusive hotel and no where else close to eat out.

Luxor day trip was excellent very much recomened.

p.s dont go to the snake show it was extreamley cruel, sinbad submarine expensive and a total waste money, saw nothing we hadnt seen alredy .

lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member patsyNottinghamshire

we were three middle aged ladies staying here and thought the hotel was lovely the food was very good and there was plenty of variety, it did get a bit repetitve towards the end of the week. the entertainment in the evening was ok and a very good singer in the bar.We were entertained by the seriousness of the dancing ballroom, rock and roll by the russians germans of which there were many. the down side was the constant harrassing from the staff from the sports club selling massage and facials, the staff in the shops in the hotel trying to get you in the shops and believe me they try anything!! this may have been made worse by the fact that we were females alone. Go into downtown Hurghada but take an egyptian with you we didnt and hated it we were constantly accosted and if you ignore them they can be very intinidating. But hey ho we actually really had a super time and couldnt fault the hotel. one word of advice, if you get a bad tummy there is tablet called Triton which you can get in egypt very effective in stopping the craming pains.

Not bad!

by TripAdvisor Member debg84

Well, I was a bit worried about going to the hotel after I read some of the reviews but it wasn't that bad! There's nothing particularly to worry about, apart from the Germans (who were very rude and arrogant!)

The food was ok - we didn't starve and it was actually quite nice some nights. The drink was drinkable, although I stopped drinking half way through the holiday as I couldn't stand any more of it (I was looking forward to getting home and drinking proper wine!).

The rooms and hotel were clean - you couldn't fault their cleanlness and I didn't mind tipping the guy who cleaned our room. There wasn't a lot to do on the night time - we regularly went to bed at 9pm and watched films (I know this sounds really boring but the entertainment really wasn't worth watching!).

The trips were ok - the one I would particularly recommend is the Quad runner - we went sand buggying, quad biking in the desert, camel riding and saw a great show, all for £35 each! We also went snorkelling but I went in to the sea for 2mins and came straight back out - far too cold! £20 wasted! The pools were also icy.

Anyway, the holiday served its purpose - a cheap holiday on the beach to read a book! The weather was good, if not a bit windy but we got back to England to 8 inches of snow - couldn't get more of a contrast!

I would recommend it for cheapness but don't think I would go back myself!

Fantastic relaxing week

by TripAdvisor Member Cat99

We had an excellent holiday at this hotel. The staff were very friendly but those on the reception were not so helpful! Our room was huge with lovely views and very clean. There are quite a few different places to eat at the hotel and we thought the food was fantastic, especially as I am vegetarian there was lots of different choices. There were a lot of germans and russians at the hotel and if you want a good spot on the beach with windbreak and sun loungers you had to get up early to claim your spot with towels!! I would certainly recommend it, we had a very relaxing time, the people do come round and try and sell you trips etc. but we just said no and it was no problem, they do like to have a chat.

Primasol Beach Albatros Resort

by Fillbut

Hi, I seen reviews on here regarding the Primasol Beach Albatros Resort, but they are all old from 2003-4. Can anyone please give me an update on the hotel if you have stayed there, or if you know it, as I'm think of going there within the next two months?
Many thanks

RE: Primasol Beach Albatros Resort

by KellyGer

Hi,
we have been given an offer to go to this hotel and have to make up our minds TODAY! as we are rebooking, we were supposed to be going to Turkey.
I have been reading reviews and i must say, they are very mixed. I have read the rooms are not up to scratch and people come along pestering you, but we had this in the carribean too... so i think we are just going to book and go there and enjoy the sun! can't be that bad, it seems a lot of people go there....
Kel