Bella Vista

Tags

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities

don't waste your time

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 15, 2010

Where do I begin?? My wife and I booked a room for a vacation and we spent 45 minutes at the check-in counter. It went downhill from there. They gave us a room with 2 double beds, and when we complained, they sent someone up to push the beds together! We tried to find the manager but he was not around and it took us another hour to get a room with a queen size bed. I think the manager works from home, because he was NEVER around when we asked to see him. The room was furnished with iron patio furniture and there is/was no internet connection (more on that later). They only gave us one room card and we were refused a second. You can only get a second card if you lose the first and pay 25EPD or $5. When my wife went to the pool/spa/beach, i had to either go with her or hunt her down so I could get back into the room.

We purchased the "breakfast included" package and when we checked in, they wrapped a colored bracelet on our wrists (the kind you get when you go to a club) to identify our package type. They actually expected us to wear this paper bracelet for our entire stay of 5 days!!

EVERY morning we had to call the front desk and have them turn on our hot water! Unbelievable! Also, they turn the courtyard lights completely off in the late night. Coming back from a night on the town i tripped twice and bumped into a table trying to get to my room and I didn't even drink so I wasn't drunk! Have they ever heard of safety or security??With all of the landscaping, anyone can hide in the bushes and jump out to attack you.

It almost felt like a cheap cruise ship. Every morning at 10:00 they play a bugle call, a rooster crow, and an announcement to 'wake up' over a speaker system so it's hard to sleep. And I needed sleep because of the club next door. All night long; "thump, thump, thump" from the speakers. Then, as you are trying to relax by the pool or "beach" (which is about 20 yards wide and 20 yards deep and packed with beach chairs) they have 3 young men (none could have been over 21) going around trying to 'hype" the vacationers! I'm not kidding! They are running around, jumping in and out of the pool, and constantly trying to get a game of volleyball, water polo or a crazy line dance going! One of them came up to me out of the blue and asked me "you know break dance?" WTF??

They advertise a Billiard Bar in the lobby, but in reality, they cleared an area upstairs, put in 2 pool tables (ripped felt, broken pockets, warped cues) a ping pong table and a bar area. However, the bar looks like something you would keep in your garage "man cave", it had no bottles of anything, no bartender, and the ping pong table was positioned in the corner. And if you are on one side and you miss a shot, the ball can go over a balcony downstairs to the lobby. It happened to me...twice.

When I went to use the internet one night around 9:00, they told me the guy who had the passwords was gone for the night. It didn't really matter though because they only have 4 monitors, 3 extremely dirty keyboards, and two computers with the sides removed. I was told I could get free wi-fi in the restaurant but not in the hotel (how stupid is that??). I was able to use my iPhone in the restaurant on one day, but it was down the next 3!

Ironically, if you ask ANY Egyptian, they will tell you that Egyptian Mangoes are the best in the Middle East, (and Egypt is also one of the regions biggest exporters of Mangoes) but I was never able to get a glass because the hotel was always out! I finally purchased some from a store and put a few bottles in the room mini bar refrigerator. On our last day, we requested a late check-out and went on a cruise. When we returned, housekeeping, had taken everything out of the refrigerator that was mine, locked the refrigerator up (I guess to prevent late purchases) and put my mango juice on the counter! For 3 hours in the hot sun, I had been dreaming of coming back to the room and having a glass of cold mango juice before we left. Didn't happen. thank you housekeeping.

Stay here at your own risk. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

Nearby Bella Vista

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool
  • Room Service

Hurghada Travel Forum

Need advice about Hurghada, Egypt? Visit the Travel Forum for Hurghada and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hurghada hotel reviews

Fantastic
Wonderful experience
real Italian Pizza, home made fresh Pasta, soups,
Restaurants
Great new beach bar and restaurant
Quad Bike Desert Adventure
From Cairo to Hurghada GO BUS
Why take a taxi?
Not bad !
Transportation
Safari, l will never forget you!
Papa's beach disco
Nightlife
Bowling
Group tours - bus tours
Local taxi
Amusement Park
Things to Do
Family scuba diving vacation in Hurghada :)
Amusement Park - tea time
Amusement Park - dinner and entertaining
Amusement Park - Pharmacy and Zoo
Amusement Park - Keffiyeh
Amusement Park - Camels riding
Things to Do
Don't miss the great seafood/grill's & soup's
Stella in Egypt
Sea gull cafe
Inconsiderate safari drivers
Warnings and Dangers
Amusement park - fake beduine village
Amusement Park - thrown money