Club Aldiana

Makadi Bay, Hurghada, Egypt

More about Hurghada

All of the Taxis looks like thisAll of the Taxis looks like this

4 seasons hotel 24 seasons hotel 2

A Red Sea Walkman, TalataA Red Sea Walkman, Talata

Hurghada - BeachHurghada - Beach

Is it Hurghada too hot in August?

by spurs2982

I have read in a few places now that the temperature can reach 40 degrees c in August. Does that occur often? If so would it be too hot to take an 8 year old child? We have seen a really good deal for the end of August 2009 for 2 weeks and our only major concern is the heat. In some places it also says that the sea breeze reduces the heat factor. We would obviously be sensible and use sun cream, sit in shade, drink lots of water etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks:)

by vdoortje

The end of August will be hot undoubtedly. And it doesn't occur occasionaly, it is just a fact.

The breeze will cool you down but it is also a hidden threat!!!! You will not realise you are burning!
Last Februari I was on a Nile cruise Luxor/Aswan. It was really cold but the sun was shining. Freezing wind, no way you could stay on the sundeck without warm clothes. But I was persistent to have a sunbath, even with warm clothes, just for an hour. During that hour my face got burned, you have no idea!!!

Stay in the shadow as much as you can. Have your bodies covered. Especially your heads!!!!!

Good luck, Dora.

by ricky52

Trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local on the day variations.
This information should be used as a guide only.
Here is the average weather for Hurghada for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

August.
High 95f / 35c
Low 81f / 27c

by hurghadalady

It can actually get quite a bit over 40 in August. Yes there is a sea breeze and with a bit of common sense you shouldn't come to too much harm. Remember though that even with sun cream on your child could burn. Better to wear a t-shirt in the water.

by blackrainbow86

It will be very very hot, I'd be concerned about it being too much for your child.

by ricky52

Your child might be hardier than you think.
Yes it will be hot, so plenty of sun cream, tee-shirts and a hat.
I would take some Calpol, it is great for cooling kids down.

by doodybee

the sea breeze might appear to cool things down but imho the breeze generally adds to the problems ( look at someone who has been on a windy but cool scaborough or blackpool beach all day and they wiil be redfaced from the combination of the breeze, saltwater and bit of sun)

just be sensible with the young un and keep him ( and yourselves) covered with creams and t-shirts and stay out of the midday sun as much as possible ( under the bar area will do ( worked for us in rhodes the other year when temps hit nearly 50) drink plenty of water and try to have a nap in the afternoon
you can buy sun proctection clothing these days alao which may come in useful - especially a hat ( like the ones the foreign legionnaires wore with a flap down the neck)

If th deal is good - don't miss out but be prepared and do whatever you can to avoid any mishaps - if it doen't work you will know not to book at that time again

We only go to Rhodes either Late May/Early June or Mid-Late Sept into October as we find we can get around more comfortably than in the main season - however if all you want out of your holiday is 2 weeks laid on a sunbed then main season will almost guarantee this for you

Hope you All enjoy the Holiday

Travel Tips for Hurghada

Hurghada Tourist Center

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Hurghada stretches for about 40 km along the seashore, and it doesn't reach far into the surrounding desert. The resort is a destination for package holiday tourists from Europe, notably Russians, Czechs and Germans.

Today Hurghada counts 40,000 inhabitants and is divided into three parts: Downtown (El Dahar) is the old part. Sekalla is the modern part, and El Korra Road is the most modern part. Sakkala is the relatively modest hotel quarter. Dahar is where the town's largest bazaar, the post office and the long-distance bus station are situated. Many restaurants, bars and shops, small pubs and internet cafes are available all over Hurghada.

Snorkelling and diving

by belgrade03

Snorkelling is very popular because of all the exotic fish that can be seen even to the depth of 5-6 meters because of the water transparency. Diving with instructors is also very popular for young people. And the prices are not so high 15-30 euros. You'll get everything you need just bring the good spirits.

It's all about Papa's

by LexiB about Papa's Bar/Papa's Beach Club

Papa's Bar & Papa's Beach Club are great! The bar is laid back but the club is, well, NOT! We went to the bar on a whim hooked up with, apparently the movers & shakers of Hurghada and had a blast. The Beach Club is just that. You dance on sand, the music is awesome and the drinks keep flowing. anything goes it seems

an Irish Pub in Hurghada!

by gaj86 about PJ's

If you're feeling a bit homesick, pop into PJ's! Run by an Irish family, the only drawback is that there is no Guiness :(... but there's Stella for 12LE (big bottle), nice cocktails, and cheap good food! It felt good to have a cheese toastie...
They have different things on every night, too, like pub quizzes on Thursdays and "killer pool" on Fridays. All the Brits will gravitate towards it, so if you're missing fluent English conversation! Pool and darts are free if you're buying drinks, and it possibly has the cleanest toilets in all of Hurghada. If you go, tell Ken I say hi! :P

Diving

by gaj86

My boyfriend mainly came to Hurghada for the "amazing" Red Sea diving. As I said in my last tip - too many tourists have destroyed the marine life here. Either that or the tour operators just take you to any old place to get it over with.
I had never dived before, and decided to do an Intro Dive with a company called Black Shark (booked through the Dive Stop... who, by the way, is run by lovely people but Sherif is useless and will probably forget to pick you up on the day of your dive). I had a very brief run-down of how to clear my mask, breathe through my regulator and equalise, which I would have been very confused about had my boyfriend not explained this to me before. After waiting ages for my turn, I was thrown into the sea and led around by the hand by an instructor who seemed to ignore my pleas that my ears were not equalising properly (it really hurt!). Not a good first experience of diving, I was left dreading my next one. We went with a different company a couple of days later, Piano divers, which we booked through our hotel! My intro with these guys was only slightly more in-depth, with the actual instructor making no efforts to hide his impatience with learners. They tried to make me dive with a broken BCD, and basically just took me around the boat and back. I also had to wait about 2 hours, while all the qualified divers and the more pushy beginners had their turn. You could see a lot of fish on the surface of the water, but it still wasn't as amazing as the Red Sea is supposed to be. If it's your first time diving, try getting experience somewhere else before you come here.

Comments