Coral Beach Rotana Resort Hughada

Otel.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Coral Beach Rotana Resort Hughada

What do some people want???

by TripAdvisor Member plummmm

Myself and my partner have just returned from 10 lovely nights at the Coral Beach Rotana. I have seen some very bad reviews on here and both of us agree that the hotel is perfect for a relaxing break.

Rooms are lovely, beach and Pool great, Staff are Fantastic and cannot do enough for you (a tip is appreciated but not expected - try a smile and a thank you, it works just as well!!) Food is nice, but is a buffet and you do sometimes have to wait for the trays to be refilled. Whats the rush? it never takes more than a couple of minutes! If you want perfection, pay three grand and go to Sandals.

Best part about the hotel is the Reef, really big, lots to explore with just a snorkel. Loads of fish to see. Blue spotted Rays included. Magic.

Yes the beers are small and Wine is only available with meals and there are a few niggles here and there, but on the whole, it's a great venue for a relaxing holiday, go with a smile on your face and it will still be there (alongside a tan) at the end of your break

Poor, And Lots of Rip Offs

by TripAdvisor Member hotshaz

stayed at the coral beach for 2 weeks in Nov 07 , ..we have been to Egypt many times ,.................but Hurghada is not a good place to holiday , every one is trying to RIP YOU OFF , taxis , shops etc ...

But people in the HOTEL where at it too . the hair dresser was a total rip off ,,, tells you a price in euros ,, then trys to charge you in £'s ...............

Or they give you a price in Egyption pounds then try to charge you in euros.................The woman should be sacked ...nasty bit of work....

The service in the hotel was poor .....................food was ok .....

Full of bad mannerd Russians ........the germans are much better !!!! Honest ................

The beach was not good , you could not walk along it because the security guards would not let you go on another Hotels beach............The music by the pool was loud and distorted ....and there is only one pool ..

Good points ........the chap who runs the gym is geuine and nice .....and of coarse the weather !!!

Egypt is great ..........go to Taba if you want a beach holiday .....great there.......Roger , Somerset uk

Worst Hotel Ever!

by TripAdvisor Member MrsB74

Having read a number of bad reports on Coral Beach, we were a little apprehensive about the hotel but decided it was probably due to people being too fussy. I can now say their comments were completely accurate.
My bad experience of the hotel began upon arrival when we were allocated a room and pointed in the direction of 300 bungalows or more. There were not enough signs to guide you therefore it took us 15 minutes to find our room. Upon arrival we discovered there was no sea view which we had paid the extra for. The bag porter explained we would have to move rooms the following afternoon. I was not impressed. We were then contacted 1 hour later and made to move rooms as the bathroom was not working! Therefore we had three room during our week stay!
I will say the room we did get was very nice. It would also have been nice to have had the mini bar stocked occasionally!

We found the waiters to be rude unless tipped. The food hall was too small for the number of people and the choice of food very limited. The butter was off and smelled like sour milk . My husband was given a drink in a plastic cup with green slime on the mouth area. If like us you like a good beer or wine then the all-inclusive selection is not up to scratch. We were quite prepared for this and were quite happy to pay for imported drinks. Unfortunatly the hotel did not stock anything! I felt sick and nauseous the whole time I was staying at the Coral Beach. On our final day unsurprisingly I was struck down with the dreaded stomach cramps, hot sweats and vomiting. Luckily the doctor in the airport provided me with medication to get me through the flight home. I have never been so glad to go home from a holiday in all my life.
The complex on the whole needs quite a lot of work doing to tidy it up, there are broken steps and pathways. The sunbeds are old and rusty. The childrens park area needs attention and an upgrade.
The animation team did work very hard but what is the point in having a ‘Baby Disco’ at 9pm in the evening. We found this far too late.
The hotel is much too far from any town to escape for an evening without it costing a fortune in a taxi. On the whole i would not recommend this hotel to anybody.

Went back in 2007 & booked for this year as well

by TripAdvisor Member ColValWorthing

We originally went to the Coral Beach in September 2006 and loved it so much that we went back the following year and have booked to go again this September.

The lobby's impressive and the reception staff very friendly and helpful. On arrival you are taken with your luggage by beach buggy to your room.

The rooms are lovely and spotlessy clean with excellent air conditioning. All are single storey with their own patio some with a sea view. The bathrooms are large with a shower and bath. The bedrooms are very spacious with two kingsize beds, satellite tv and a small fridge. They don't have kettles in the rooms, which would be nice. Both times we have been given a kettle on asking but the last time it didn't work and we couldn't make the restaurant staff understand so next time we will take our own!

The beach is wonderful. There is a man made lagoon with calm safe bathing, shallow at the sides so excellent for children and plenty of golden sand. Feet away from the beach is the Red Sea with beautiful coral and fabulous fish. It's ideal for snorkelling and scuba diving with a Dive Centre on the beach offering tuition and equipment hire.

There are two bars on the beach. The bar men, Ayman and Rami would offer us Vodka Suprises. Depending on how they felt a Vodka Surprise could consist of vodka and lemonade, vodka and orange, vodka, lemonade & orange, vodka, lemonade, orange and grenadine or even just vodka!

We loved having back massages in the Massage Hut on the beach and I went for a quad bike ride along the shore. There's also Moses the camel and his wilful son, who lounge about next to the beach posing for the cameras and going for the occasional stroll with a tourist on board.

There is entertainment each night but it is the same each week, so if you are there for a fortnight, you get to see the show twice!

There is one large restaurant and an a la carte restaurant. The a la carte restaurant is only open one evening a week which is a shame. Unfortunately the food is quite bland. We would love to see more traditional food on the menu which is aimed at the Germans and Russians who make up the majority of the visitors to the hotel. Having said that, the range of salads is wonderful.

Coral Beach is quite a way out of town, but taxis are cheap and we now just use one taxi driver who comes whenever we ring him. He now treats us as his friends and has twice invited us back to his home to meet his wife and three daughters. Very often when Samir picks us up, he will have one or two of his girls with him. Eqyptian drivers are incredible. Samir tells us "Eqyptian Drivers Crazy!" It's hard to argue with him!

relaxing break required , go for it

by TripAdvisor Member excelstor

read all the "bad comments" and was a bit worried but its actually a really nice place.
if you visit the Airtours website they explain the hotel is having some work done (as you will see as you arrive, but don't worry)
as soon as you are through the lobby doors its a different picture.
the staff fall over them selves to help, nothing is a problem. just ask and if they can they will.
the rooms are really nice and big , good air -con (required !)
sat TV with a few English channels.
the quality of the food is excelllent and they are in the process of changing the menus as they anticipate more UK customers in the coming months.
two pools are good, plenty of sun beds, free beach towels.
the beach is one of the biggest and best in the area.
at night sit out side on the veranda and soak up the apmosphere, if you want "the vegas style " hotel , all chrome and glass and noisy it may not be for you but if you want a good relaxing time go for it.

friendly service

by TripAdvisor Member vlandy

we have just returned with a group of ten 'fifty somethings' from this hotel having had an excellent 7 days stay. Having visited this hotel last year we had no doubt to re book again this year. We were not dissapointed. The hotel staff and waiters in the restuarant were so friendly and made our stay so pleasent. Whilst the restuarant food was a little repetative there was always something we could eat.
Despite the hotel being full you never felt crowded as the rooms are set out over a large area giving a real feeling of space. The rooms were kept exceptionally clean by the very friendly cleaning staff.
Wherever you went in the complex all the staff found time to smile
Plenty of sunbeds and fresh towels available every day so no problem sunbathing. Very large expanse of beach with a coral bed and access vis a jetty.
I and my friends would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel

Great Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Nikki_Griffin

I was a bit worried reading the previous reviews on this hotel but
I can honestly say there is nothing to worry about and I think some of the reviews were not for this hotel at all as they just didnt match what we saw in any way.
The rooms were very large and as they were bungalows and staggered you had no neighbour noise at all, the terrace was nice and large with comfy chairs and a table.
No problems with water pressure and plenty of hot water.
Very clean at all times, hairdryer in the batchroom which saves bring one a plus if you are lying Thomas Cook with there stingy 15kg !!
The food was very good, it was a buffet and there was always a good selection nothing fancy but always hot and fresh.
The breakfast wasnt brilliant though but they had a omelete/egg station so you could get something made up there.
The waiters were very good and made sure you had a nice clean table and cleared away plates very quicky and also made sure you had a drink at all times.
We did eat in the Seafood restaurant on the one night it was open it cost Euro20 for the 4 course meal and you also had to pay for your drinks, a bottle of wine was GBP15, but even though it cost
extra it was really worth it. There were beautiful views very romantic and they even had a belly dancer and she was very good the food was lovely.
There are 4 bars, 1 beach, 1 pool, one shisha bar and the main bar by the restaurant, we recieved excellent service at all of the bars and never had to wait for a drink.
The all inclusive runs until 12.
They have a disco which runs until the last man leaves but you do have to pay in this bar, they also have a beach party on Thursday and this is also a pay bar.
There were plenty of pool chairs on the beach and even if we laid in until 10.30am we still didnt have a problem finding one.
The coral was really good we saw parrot fish, cuttlefish, octopus and loads of other fish visabilty was very good and its quite shallow in some places if you dont like the deep water, it is well worth snorkeling.
There is a lagoon to swim in for the little ones and if you are feeling like doing a trip there is a marina on site and you could arrange the trips with them.
We used Mohammed at gotohurghada.com and he was fantastic GBP6 each way from the airport and as he arranged the visas for us as well we were in the hotel about 1 hour before the Thomas Cook guests.
The hotel is mainly full of Russian and German guests but they were polite so no problems there and the staff all speak very good English.
The only problem I saw was that some guests were not very respectful of the corals and were walking on it.
The animation team worked really hard and although we didnt join in there were a lot of people who did and they seem to enjoy it.
The night entertainment was OK its not really our thing but they had a kids disco and a different act every night and it was much better than what we have seen in other hotels,
The reception staff were very nice and helpful, we extended our room until 6pm and it cost 25Euro and it was worth it to give you another full day.
The only things to add are about tips, we did tip everyone it was only a few pounds total about GBP7 per day (with the maid)and I expect that is why we got such excellent service and also a few friendly words go a long way some people treated the staff quite rudely which wasnt nice to see.
I really enjoyed my stay at the is hotel and as we have had some experience of Egypt (Taba and Nuweiba) I think this is a very good value for money hotel
If you want any other info please email me

Rotana for ever

by TripAdvisor Member jhauzar

Well,we have been 7x to Red Sea neighbourhood within last 5 years . Rotana 3 weeks sep.2007,1 week dec.2007 and 1week feb2008 with the same very good experience.
Some,who is never satisfied with himself shoud be asked,politely : just stay at home. Rotana is definitely guitly on your mental troubles ! East - west - Coral Roatan is the best . Hi Jaromir

not bad but not the best

by TripAdvisor Member ClaireAde

This hotel is generally good. The rooms were lovely and nicely spread out over the complex. The facilities were good. It was really nice for snorkelling as there are corals right on the bay where the hotel is situated. Staff were friendly and our waiter 'Abdul' was really lovely and looked after us very well.

I had no major problems with the food and didnt get a dose of 'pharoahs revenge' but my partner did. He was very ill with a raging temperature and Diarrhoea. The Rep told us that many people get stomach upsets and that it is from handling the money and not from the food but i am not convinced. We ended up making a late night dash to the pharmacy to get medication as the stuff i had taken along from the UK did not work at all. He was given Antibiotics so obviously the problem stemmed from Bacteria whether it was from the money or the food who knows.

The pools at the hotel were nice and clean, the towel service was good because it meant you didnt need to keep carrying a beach towel around.

My only major complaint is that the 'all inclusive' really isnt ALL inclusive, You can only have wine with your meals and the bars are very stingy on drinks. The beer was mainly froth in a glass and the bar staff could be quite rude when you asked for it to be topped up. In the end we gave up trying to have drinks at the hotel and went out into hurghada town instead.

The Taxi man in the reception is a bit of a rip off so if you want cheaper taxi's walk up the hotel driveway onto the main road and hail one. Make sure you set the price before you get in and only pay for the journey not a per-person price. About 30 egyptian pounds is a fair price. Petrol over there is very cheap so bear that in mind.

Overall is was a reasonable holiday but i wouldnt go back to this hotel.

roneid's new Egypt Page

by roneid

As a co-owner of a Tour Operating company I used to send Tourists to Hurghada - Red Sea, I have met a lot of nice people there, the weather is great, the hotels are luxerious, I recommend this place for a sure sunny holidays.
My favourite Hotel is the Coral Beach Village Resort which is outside Hurghada, about 20 KM from the center of the city.
Visit the homepage I made for this sympathic Resort:

coral beach rotana

by mickwww

hi this will be our first time to egypt ,and staying at the coral beach rotana resort hurghada in july for two weeks. any info or tips and prices would be a great helpthanks.
mickw

RE: coral beach rotana

by Ula777

About trips you can ask hurghada_trips@yahoo.com. Cairo 1 d. is about 40$, Luxor - 35$, 4 islands - 15$. Its is really good, very friendly guys. Good luck.

RE: RE: coral beach rotana

by mickwwww

ok thanks very much for that
mick w

Hotel Complex next to Coral Beach Rotana

by Arabhorseygirl

Does anyone know the name of the hotel complex in between The Melia Pharo and the Coral Beach Rotana (I google Earthed the Coral Beach as I knew the name of it!)

Re: Hotel Complex next to Coral Beach Rotana

by cimicak

Hi look at this map:

The hotel you are looking for is obviously Hilton Long Beach.

Re: Hotel Complex next to Coral Beach Rotana

by Arabhorseygirl

Oh yes, that's the one! Google Earthed it!

money

by mickw

Hi All could you tell me what LE means in terms of money,we are going to coral beach rotana resort hotel has any body been there and do they know what it is like thanks could you answer back urgent as going tomorrow thanks once again mick

RE: money

LE means Egyptian Pounds. Where 1$US = over 500LE

Not been to that hotel. we use the Marriott.. All are new hotels and probably good.
uglyscot

RE: money

LE means Egyptian Pounds. Where 1$US = over 500LE

uglyscot

by Raffies

I'm sure you meant 5 LE not 500 ..

by vdoortje

Actually 1$ = 7 LE! Or plus minus.

by Raffies

1.00 USD = 5.73649 EGP
copied from xe.com

by uglyscot

Oops, I meant 5 , of course. The heat these days is scrambling my brains!

Comments