Golden Rose Hotel

Booking.com HostelBookers.com Travelocity

More about Hurghada

Outside the MallOutside the Mall

Items from Morgana GalleryItems from Morgana Gallery

The front of the shopThe front of the shop

Hurghada - Walking alongHurghada - Walking along

reefs in hurghada????

by scattybat

i am thinking of trying hurghada instead of sharm this year ! can anyone tell me what the reef are like for snorkelling?
especially around the Three corners ocean view hotel (el gouna i think) and if any of you have been to the hotel what was it like ??
thanks for your help
xscattybatx

Re: reefs in hurghada????

by MacedonianUK

I haven't stayed in the Ocean View hotel, but we did some snorkeling on the reef few months back.
We opted to go with day snorkling tour from Ohod Tours opsite Hor Palace Hotel,we stayed in that hotel, and the reception desk said that Ohod snorkeling trips are worth considering.
It was great, warm and clear water, planty of sea life to observe, including multitudes of corals and sea urchins and as the reefs & some small sandy islands are protected, it wasn't too crowded.
On avarage 4 m deep & in places shalow.
When you are arranging your snorkeling tour/boat make sure they are licenced as only the licensed ones have right to lend/drop anchor on the island and offer you snorkrling/diving guidence.
We had experianced local guides.
There are few Russian owned outfits wich offer snorkeling, but I would give them a wide berth, as most of them do not have diving/snorkeling licences.
Good snorkeling/diving school wich offers guided day trips is "Gator" DIVE CLUB located next to McDonalds in the new part of Hurgada near the second(new) town center, towards the end of the long promenade.
Gator is owned by two Aussie girls,and all of their staff is eather from Oz, NZ or UK.
But all of them experianced and realy know their stuf, altough bit more expencive, when it comes using their services.
Hope this helps.
MacedonianUK

Re: reefs in hurghada????

by vdoortje

Well, Hurghada is very busy and pretty much taken over by the Russians, as some taxi drivers told me last year.
They were taking me from Marsa Alam to Cairo and living in Hurghada themselves.

I tend to avoid the big tourist areas like Sharm and Hurghada.

Marsa Alam is an upcoming area with great reefs to explore.

North of Sharm is Dahab, with quite nice nightlife and the Blue Hole!!! I will never forget the Blue Hole! It is like swimming in a gigantic aquarium.

Travel Tips for Hurghada

The Windmills

by vesna04

That is the one and only way the electricity is provided for Hurghada. It is realy good thing as that area is well known as the windy one.
The water in the tabs come from the red sea. They have the tehnology to turn the salted water into the tehnical one that can beused for everything but drinking.

General Kit Needed

by MattTB

Usual beach holiday bags! Light clothing all year round, long sleeves for winter nights. Swimming costume, flippers, snorkel, mask.

A pair of strong shoes are advisable if you do any trips to Luxor/Cairo as you will be walking over stones etc! Mosquito repellent
Imodium (for diariha) a must as you can pick up some nasty stomach bugs from Egypt! Underwater camera, I used the disposable Kodak Ultra Sport, waterpoof to 10 metres, enough for snorkelling! Compared to the Fuji Marine that I used in Maldives I found the Kodak better! You can see my results...

souvenirs from Egypt

by evona about I don`t know...

This is a typical shop with souvenirs from Egypt. Very great vases, egiptians jewelery, women`s clothes, brancelets, hand-bags, kerchiefs, wraps for belly dance and many more. You must negotiate the price. Give the 50% of this what says the seller, so you can buy it for 70 %.

seafood everyone

by uglyscot about The Joker

This restaurant doesn't look anything special, but is a hive of activity.
You choose your [live] fish downstairs, and then sit upstairs to eat it.
It is best if you go in a crowd and order different dishes. I don't really care for fish that I don't know, but the rest of our party ate kilos of fish with obvious enjoyment, while I daintily ate my grilled fish, which ,by the way, was good.

Desert safari

by CRVENI

This was amazing trip to the desert. Although our tourist agency organized this kind of trip, we wanted to sign with local agency, one of many in Hurghada. And we had spent great time there!
First, they picked us up with van in front of our hotel, it was 4 in the afternoon. Then, when we reached desert, about 20 minutes ride from hurghada downtown, we were transferred in jeep, which drove us about 30 kms into the desert, right to the first settlement of bedouins.
There, we got us little 4-wheel motorcycles, for one or two persons. There was about 15 tourists in our group, among which there were about 10 egyptian young people living abroad, who also came to hurghada on vacation. We made wonderful friends with them, as they were very friendly.
Then, we experianced a wild ride through the sands and stones of the desert, racing with each other, about hour or so, until we came to the another bedouine settlement in the bottom of the desert mountain. We climbed up the mount, watched sunset, took photos, and then went down to ride camels, and see how bedouins live.
On our way back, it was getting really dark, and the only light was the one from our motorcycles, and the silence was amazing, just with creepy sounds of some desert animals.
When we came back to the starting bedouin village, we had great barbecue dinner there, with more stories of their life, enjoying music they played, and being learnt they local dances by our new arabian friends.
After coming back to hotel, we were full of sand, dirty and tired, but with most beautiful memories from Hurghada.

Comments