Hilton Hurghada Resort Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 46% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• gugi66's Profile Photo

Hilton Hurghada Resort

Great rooms and exellent service. The beach right by the hotel. A great beach with fine and soft sand.

I recommend this hotel.

*Cribs
*High chairs

TAXI

by gugi66

There are no taxi meters in the car so you MUST agree on a price BEFORE you go in the taxi or it will cost you alot.

There are taxis allover Hurghada 24-7 so dont worry if your out late some day you will find a taxi. It felt there was more Taxi cars then regular cars in Hurghada. But once again DONT GO IN TO THE TAXI UNTILL YOU AGREED ON A PRICE

While in the taxi the driver will start talking that he has 2 wifes and 6,7,8 and 9 kids to feed and take care of so he works day and night he tells you this so you feel sorry for him and give him some tip, DONT every taxi driver told us simular stories........

SOME DIRECTIONS ABOUT WHAT TO PAY
From Sakkala to "New Hurghada" (even called Sindbad) about 10 Pounds
From Sakkala to The Grand Hotel about 15 Pounds
From Sakkala to Hilton Hurghada Resort About 15-20 Pounds
From Sakkala to Senzo Mall about 40-50 Pounds

Ofcourse you can get the price even lower if you are want to, but then you must talk and bargain with the taxi driver. I felt that this prices was on my level so I went with that.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member dazl

I was really impressed with the Hilton Hurghada Resort. Travelling here with my parents after a hectic week in Luxor, I was looking for a week of relaxation, and that was what I got!

Since there were three of us, we had an extra sofa bed in the room, which did not detract in any way from the room. It was comfortable and spacious, with the minibar stocked daily and the maid service coming twice a day. The bathroom was a suprise, due to its large size and decent shower!

We stayed in the hotel on a B&B basis, so we merely took breakfast in the buffet., which offered everything from pancakes to pastries. Our first night, we decided to eat in Lagoona, the beach restaurant, and had one of the best meals of our holiday, at a very reasonable price. ( Try to get an outside table overlooking the water to watch the sunset-it's beautiful). The Blue Sky restaurant was a huge letdown, with unappetizing choices. I recommend to try to stay in the hotel on a B&B basis, since there is a huge choice of quality restaurants along the Strip.
For a good meal, try the Hard Rock Cafe, it has a great atmosphere, the food is sublime and the staff are always up for a laugh!

Activities during the day consist of beach volleyball, belly dancing lessons for the more adventuous. The hotel does run nighttime entertainment some evenings, but we never attended those nights, preferring to find our own amusements.

I have to recommend for those looking for a bit of adventure, go out snorkelling on the dive boat for one truly memorable experience. Its great value, and the underwater reefs are amazing! For those who want to explore the depths of the ocean without getting wet, try the submarine dive- however snorkelling is the better option, in my opinion, to see the fish.

The staff were wonderful, for the most part. The reception staff did not have that much English, but were as helpful as they could be. The cleaners were polite and friendly, and always had a smile and hello. The restaurant staff, especially in the Lagoona restaurant, were simply some of the nicest people you could ever meet. They bent over backwards to accommodate us, and were very knowledgable about the area.

The hotel, when we were there, was filled with Russians, Germans and Swedish, so English speakers are a minority.

A couple of tips: Mozzies are not that common around the Red Sea area, but do wear repellent as a precaution. Be firm and polite in your refusal of invitations into shops, most people are polite and will back off once you refuse. Don't buy perfume or jewellery in the hotel as these are sold at hugely inflated prices.
Always agree a price with the driver before you get into a taxi or minibus( Also most buses don't have seatbelts).

We had a fantastic holiday, and can't wait to return to Egypt, and would be delighted to return to this hotel.

Hospitality fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member marie-NIreland

We stayed for one week at the Hilton Resort Hurghada as part of a three centre holiday to Cairo Hurghada and Luxor for our 25th Wedding Anniversary.
The staff in the hotel were brilliant and we were given a great room overlooking the beach and the next day the hotel sent us a large basket of fruit and a pink heart shaped cake with congratulations on it! The room was huge and they even provided towelling bathrobes and slippers!! The maid made shapes of swans and boats from the towels and placed them on our bed.The room was cleaned every day.
The food in the buffet and restaurants was excellant and the local Egyptian wine was like a soft merlot very easy to drink and much cheaper than the imported wines.
We got chatting to Tarek who ran the beach restaurant and the Lagoona Restaurant on our 1st day and we told him we had booked this trip for our 25th Wedding Anniversary.He invited us to dine at the Lagoona that night.When we arrived our table was scattered with fresh flowers and when we had finished an excellant meal he came out with the waiters and presented us with a beautiful decorated chocolate cake with "happy 25th anniversary " on it. I would go back there in the morning!!

not the perfect hotel vacation

by TripAdvisor Member MeroEgypt

We have just returned from a stay of 5 days at the hilton hurgada resort. The hotel is ok and the weather was nice but we had some cooments on it, such as there were not lot of varities in the food buffet ,it is not tasty only you will eat it just because you are hungry :).
The room's view was nice but the sea shore was quite away you have to walk for app. 7 min to get to it. the hotel is good for relaxation but it is not the perfect one to spend a vacation or a honeymoon.

Good if you like to party

by TripAdvisor Member norwegian-7

First of all. This is supposed to be a 5 star hotel.
From a 5 star hotel you expect a few things. These are style, discretion and a calm and relaxed environement.
This resort does not offer any of them.

If you are here to relax and enjoy quiet evenings you are in the wrong place. The hotel run shows every single night in a party tent in the middle of all the bungalows. This causes an incredibly intrusive noise to everyone who does not want to join the party.
This is simply not something a discerning 5 star hotel would do.
It is vulgar and cheap.

Rooms are OK, but not more than that. Certainly not 5 star standard, more like 3 star.

The hotel offers a nice pool and beach area. That's the only positive thing about this place.

It is also situated in the middle of a vast construction area and the surrounding area is not nice. The neighbour hotel, Steigenberger looks like a much better option if you're looking for high quality accomodation in this area.

The place is also packed with russians and other people from eastern europe.

The Reception staff were not helpful if you complained to them. A trivial matter like changing rooms was not easy. The said the hotel was full. I seriously doubt it as many room were not lit during evenings.

Find somewhere else if you want a good 5 star hotel in Hurgada.
The Hilton Hurgada Resort is not worth your effort or your money.

very good on basic thinks

by TripAdvisor Member globetrotter19

the best resort in hurgada for family with little kids.(my viewpoint)
my first time in hurgada, also my first experience in hilton was nice. so I dont like to recommend this place for gourmand or particulary choises, but basicly end simply enjoed. I had the room with villas area end still nice like the front view, (the main (-) the fornitures, old & uncares), nice clean badroom, large & confortable king bed, very large balcony with 2 confort chairs & table, conditioning air didn't use because by night became fresh air but take care the windows and doors opened because the mosquitos get party in your bed. Special thanks too Salam (the roommaider) with his clean work end his towells fantasy.
the garden areas was very nice care. every day a guys cutin, sharing the flowers & greens in particular shapes end colors. the beach very nice & clear water. so febbruary is not the july but in the bay area(artificial bay) the water was nice 4 swiming & windsurfing, the 2 swiming pools still nice 4 kids, personally I did'nt use. the beach area is particulary busy with jellyfish (medusas) in afternoon, and for me was very fun too did the windsurfing in the some areas of the bay. my best thanks too windsurfing center assistance like ayman, islam and the tito(the main egyptian boy with pink polo shirt).
the restaurants was nice. in the main restaurant(blu sky) every night had the nation theme dinner (french, italian, egyptian, mex, etc). the kitchen can bee more better, because who's writing working in restaurant, but basicly still nice. large choise breakfast, lunch and dinner. so I never eated the pasta but too many choises of rise, salads, meats, deserts end fruit salad. the fish was olways ( seebase) baked or in owen in diferent sauces, but if you like the fish restaurant, "lagoona" its very nice. the main think I did'nt like in the blu sky restaurant is the "particular" care too the eastern ladies, it's comprehensive somme of them comming in hurgada to bee also warmed lettle bet, but please don't clean the leeps of married ladies like 1 of hall director... the waiters very hardworking, but allways smilling and generous. of course please don't play with them like sommebody try close too my, with the winegrapes. is islamic country, don't have te pretend like bordeaux, reims or florence. my best thanks to moustafa, shazly, abdelkaser and tarek too the lagoona. if you like too go outdoor please don't loose a dinner too "el mina", the best rastaurant in town(the best pizzeria is "da Nanni" close too "la perla"hotel).
animation was very discontenued, not because we neded too bee animated( with days full with diving& windsurfing.) but holl day in the beach just romanian pop songs, so it's very partial rithm of life. sorry im not forgot the emperior dive center 1 of the best in hurgada. thanks lisa
the sweet cherrys at the end is the kids korner. we did'nt have kids but if you goin' in hurgada you can't find better than baby sitting semma(shes name). she's very kind person still smailling, care diferent kids from diferent nations still comprehensive since 10 am untill 9pm. she's fantastic nursery
atention!! too bee cared particulary, most need too tipping holle services, bellyboy, waiters, beachboy, roommaider). 2£ or 3euro can't be notthing too make your vacation better.
it's nothing like some reviews "dreams comme thru".......etc, nice place, fare from the traffic, quiet, profesional services, flowered common areas, bad night life, personal verry helpfull.
if looking for night life you most need to go in the sekkala(nightlife quarter), the best sound in the ministry of sound
bar(old name liquid), the best disco the ministry of sound beach(old name pappas beach), the best pub the pappas bar, if you like too meet the russian or eastern peaple, the kalipso(but the sound & animation very monocorde, still dancing the imagination- music & light), or hard rock cafe with "salsa music"?!...thats it.
if you like what i like try too enjoy the hurgada in the winter, can be a nice experience ..... and I wish a beauteful suny vacation

How the mighty have fallen!

by TripAdvisor Member MTNESTERDorsetUK

This resort hotel has definitely seen better days. The hotel accommodation has expanded but the facilities have not. The beach facilities are of poor construction and need a lick of paint and repair. If you need a poolside or beach sun bed, be there at 0700 or you will not find a space. The staff will give your bed to another customer if you leave the bed for any reason, even if you leave towels or personal belongings to reserve your place. If you are in beachside accommodation and want to use a pool we were advised by the manger to use another hotel inland across the main road with is about a 10 minute walk (be careful of the traffic and numerous trip hazards your on a building site).

There are constant arguments about this problem between guests and staff and between guests which does not make for a happy camp.

Unaccompanied ladies, beware of unwanted attention on the beach.

The main restaurant food is bland and cold. There are country oriented themed nights but the menu stays the same. The extra cost restaurants are very good. The staff were friendly and tried to be efficient despite overbearing mangers who loved to chastise them in front of guests.

The restort gardens were very pretty.

All in all not what you would expect from Hilton it is a 3 star hotel at best.

Nice break in the sun

by TripAdvisor Member BOBINALancashire

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at the Hilton Resort. Whilst the hotel is nice and clean, it is definetly not of a 5 star standard. There are a lot of eastern European (mainly russian) guests who stay at the hotel on an all inclusive package and the hotel is geared for them rather than the remaining guests staying on a B&B basis.
Venturing outside the hotel was an experience, after walking through the buliding site to the main high street area, you are greeted with hawkers, some of which dont seem to understand the word NO. We did venture to Skealla beach, but it was much the same, although busier.
All in all - average hotel (although very clean), get up very early in the morning to grab a sun lounger by the overcrowded beach or the pool and enjoy the good weather.
In my opinion there must be nicer 5 star hotels in Hurghada, if you want a 5 star, maybe an idea to find a different hotel.

Great Resort (only one defect)

by TripAdvisor Member AboMalak

I have a wonderful vacation for a week in this resort, every thing is fantastic there, the pool, the beach, restaurants, staff , all is great.
the only defect was the room it was very small, and its facilities was old it really need change.

The beach at Hilton Hurghada ResortThe beach at Hilton Hurghada Resort

Urgent question about wi-fi access in Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort?

by pipia

Hi all!
I am planning a trip to Hilton Hurghada Long Beach resort next week and I am worried if they provide internet access? On their leaflets they say they do, but I read a review from last month where the lady said they had no internet at all... :(
And since having internet is crucial I am worried how to find out and know exactly as it is?
Anyone been there recently? All sources of information would be highly appreciated.
Thanks! :)

Re: Urgent question about wi-fi access in Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort?

by JJfromNJ

Why is the Internet crucial? If it truly is, there will at least be Internet cafes in town.

Re: Urgent question about wi-fi access in Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort?

by yvr

Well according to the Hilton web site the hotle offers internet access in each room, but if you really want to ease your mind 100% a quick phone call to them might be in order. 20 65 346 1501/8

MS magic 1

by Trueblade

We are cruising the nile in April aboard the MS Magic 1 for 1 week AI and like any information about the boat,such things as, standard of food, standard of dress and standard of accomodation. We are then going on to Hurghada for a week AI in the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach resort and was wondering what the coach transfer is like and how long it takes. Also any feedback on the hotel would be great.
Many thanks

Re: MS magic 1

by victoriafortysix

We are going on the MS Magic I in November and have similar questions to you. Could you let me know about the replies you get. Thanks. vicky.young@btinternet.com

Re: MS magic 1

by victoriafortysix

El Gouna or Hurgada?

by welshwanderer

I have the chance to stay in Hurgada or El gouna for a weeks holiday, can anyone tell me which one is the nicest to be in please?

I can either stay in Captain's Inn; Sultan Bey Hotel, El Gouna or stay at Hilton Hurghada or La Paerla Hotel.

I am very keen to do some snorkelling or maybe diving whilst there and wouls also like to visti Luxor.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

:-)

RE: RE: El Gouna or Hurgada?

by Essamh

I would recommend EL Gouna as it is more relaxed and less crowded and you can still visit Hurghada for a day trip as there is a lot of buses between Gouna and Hurghada.
Enjoy your trip
Essam

by sayedaburas

It depends upon your own budget. I may recomment Movenpick. However you will like the places so much and the adjacent areas as well. You can even easily vistit upper Egypt as well in short trips from there.
Warmly welcome to Egypt. Best of luck.
Sayed

by hurghadalady

Living and working in Hurghada, El Gouna is my place of total relaxation away from the hustle and bustle of the touristy drag.

Before coming to live in Egypt we actually stayed at the Sultan Bey. A lovely hotel with great staff. El Gouna is easily 'walkable' and has been said, buses travel frequently to Hurghada. The Captain's Inn has the best steak in Egypt.

I cannot recommend El Gouna highly enough.

There is more than one Hilton in Hurghada. Which one were you thinking of? Hilton Long Beach is the furthest hotel out of Hurghada.

If you need any more info drop me a line.

by Totalizer

Will this is a tuff question. It depends on your prefreces. gharda is a simple city a bit third world city if we may say. Gona is a stylish place with more quitness and classy stuff to do:)

Comments