Hurghada Long Beach Resort Hilton

Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort
Hilton.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• We had a great holiday - More like a 3* than a 4*

We've just returned from a week, all-inc at the Hilton Longbeach. Shop around for bargains - we paid £320 each (this included all taxes, airline meals etc). We thought this was excellent value for money.

If you have any walking difficulties or mobility problems make sure you ask for a room in the main hotel building (the best ones are on the 1st floor). Our room was in one of the 'outling' apt blocks. This was no problem for us - it was about a 7-8 min walk to the pool and about 10 mins to the restaurants – down hill going, but up hill on the return!

There is a HSBC cash machine in the hotel lobby, so there's no need to take wads of cash from the UK. My bank statement showed I took out £9.66 for 100 Egyptian pounds.

Normally when you travel around the globe there are lots of Germans - Hurghada is no exception, however, even they are out numbered here by the Russians, Czechs and Poles - there's about 3 flights per day from Russia.

We would go back to this hotel, but would ask for a room in one of the following apt blocks: 881-905 or 806-830. The rooms on the 1st floor have much better views.

All meals and drinks are self service in the restaurant, which I thought was a bit strange for a 4-star hotel - I would have expected waiters to bring the drinks at least! The food is varied and always heated through (don't be put off by reviews of luke warm food).

My only 'moan' is about the Animation team. They are very enthusiastic and in turn are very noisy. All we wanted to do was relax by the pool - which we did - however, shouts of: Volleyball, Football, Gymnastic Fantastic, Waterpolo and Belly Dance Lesson was just too much for us.

Unique Quality: Top Tips:

1 Buy a couple of bottles of water when you are through security at your UK airport and keep hold of the bottles. There are many water coolers around the hotel and you can keep refilling your bottles (although 1 bottle of water is provided free each day in your room).

2 Take your standard 2-pin European plug adapters.

3 Ask for a 1st floor room in one of the following apt blocks: 881-905 or 806-830.

4 Take your snokelling gear - you can see lots of nemos etc in the sea off the hotel beach - go in the morning though, as the tide goes out around 12 noon and wading to the sea is quite similar to that on Southport's Ainsdale beach!

5 Take lots of high factor sun cream. It was 38 degrees every day and not a cloud in the sky. There are lots of palm umbrellas to provide shade though.

6 Don't go to ANY shops during your stay; do all your shopping at the airport on your way home. It's a nightmare just walking by the shops - they are pulling you in (literally) to test their perfume and look at the 'genuine fake' bags! We went once to look at the hotel shops and that was enough. However, when we got to the airport there were loads of shops selling: booze, cigs, perfume/cosmetics, 'genuine fake' bags and, of course fridge magnets/calendars/keyrings/pyramids/bronze, wooden and plastic cats (or as my Husband collectively refers to it 'Tat').

Directions: South of Hurghada. Only 15 mins away from the airport.

• An Ideal Red Sea Stay

With Excel Airways delaying my flight yet again (this time more than 25 hours) I was feeling rough when I arrived. I just wanted to have a shower and go to sleep. However, from the moment I entered the building everything was easy, convenient and pleasant.

Registration was quick and easy even though I went to the wrong place. The Guest Relations lady didn't even mention it. She explained how to get to my room, the layout of the hotel and the basis of the all-inclusive package. She asked me to point out which cases were mine and she said they would be taken to my room during the following few minutes. They were. A member of the large and friendly team of porters and assistants then took me to my room, first doing something which often matters so very, very much to someone in a wheelchair. He said he'd be happy to help by opening doors for me but wouldn't push me unless I would prefer it.

The lift doorway was easily wide enough for my wheelchair - an important point for anyone who has tried to get a wheelchair into some lesser hotel lifts - as were the doorways to my room and bathroom with a shower at one end and completely tiled. Supports and handles were in all the appropriate places.

The self-service restaurant is laid out equally well for disabled and able-bodied people. The food was good, with a wide variety of piping hot and cold dishes on offer which would suit all tastes imaginable, and particular dietary needs can be satisfied too.

I was situated in the main building and access to the various facilities was easy by using the hotel's minibuses, available from reception or from any internal phone.

One day I went to the Thistlegorm. I booked a "breakfast box" for 4:00am and a member of staff who knew I would be late back had secretly ordered a tray of food for my return. Once again I was confronted with the thoughtfulness and kindness of the staff. At no time during my stay did I meet any member of staff who was anything less than pleasant.

Unique Quality: Walk to the main building from Pirates Diving Centre when the mountains have both sun and shadows on them and look at the view framed on each side by a hotel.

A major positive point for a disabled diver was the dive centre. It's called Pirates Diving Network and it has been one of the very few diving businesses which saw me as a diver rather than a wheelchair. I have certain needs regarding my dives. Pirates Diving Network gave me credit for the ability shown in my qualifications and log book rather than the lack of ability on my feet at the start of a series of dives.

Directions: A few km south of Hurghada

• Hilton Long Beach has the potential to be great

Stayed here for 7 days all-inclusive last week and was surprised to find that the hotel was much better than I was led to believe by several negative reviews I had read on this & other web sites.

The beach area was great, the pool areas varied and relaxing and the room including on-suite bathroom was clean and a decent size.

Unfortunately what stops this being a fabulous, 5 star hotel is the lack of facilities for such a huge hotel (it has 900 rooms) and the poor quality of the restaurant.

The food in the main restaurant was served buffet style and as a consequence it was often cold and the variety was poor. Each night was a theme night where the food was meant to lean towards a country, e.g. italian, mexican, however it was basically the same food with a different sauce and pretty tasteless.

There are 5 bar areas, a night club and an internet cafe however they are all far too small for such a big hotel. Each evening you had to make sure you ate first and then rush to the nearest facility just to get a seat in the bar or a go on a pool table.

This hotel has huge potential but until they sort out the facilities, in particular the restaurants, I would not recommend any one to stay there more than 7 days, however, if you are a beach person & love to snorkel then a week here would be fine.

Unique Quality: The best features of this hotel are definitely the pool areas, beach and the rooms.

There are 2 large standard-shaped pools plus a huge pool in the shape of a winding river.

The beach area is enourmous and must be at least half a mile long. There are a couple of sea water inlets which produce small lakes for young children and old folk to play/swim in safety. The sea is very shallow near the beach & the decline is slow so that you may have to go out about 50 yards before you hit more than 6 feet of water. It is very clear and was very warm in November.

To my surprise there was plenty of coral and marine life within safe distance of the beach which was great for both beginners & more adept snorkellers.

We stayed in one of the semi-detached rooms away from the main building & I must say it was immaculate, good size and sound-proofed.

• Nice Resort

I visited this hotel/resort for a week at the end of September/October, having been somewhat put off by the previous review of this hotel listed here.

I wasn't really expecting to have much of a good time due to that review but was pleasantly surprised.

The resort is on an All Inclusive basis with food/drinks available from 6.30am to Midnight in the various bars/restaurants dotted around the complex.

It is a self contained resort which has its own private beach with aqua sports/activities available plus various activities (volleyball, waterpolo, football, etc) arranged by the hotel staff.

Some of the rooms are closer to the sea than the reception/main restaurant but none are more than 3-4 minutes away.

The food was good especially in the beach side Mediterranean restaurant with proper waiter service instead of a help yourself buffet in the main restaurant. Some of the dishes here cost extra on top of the All Inclusive price but there were still some dishes included, so you could still dine here without paying extra. Having said that we had pizza one day here and they only cost 30 Egyptian pounds each (GBP 3), so even the food you paid for was cheap.

Our room did have a fridge (unlike stated in the previous review).

Unique Quality: The pools were nice, large and clean.

The food was good, not great, but good, especially the Mediterranean restaurant.

There are a number of shops on site to buy souvenirs, everyday items, photo developing.

It has it's own private beach if you prefer that to the pool.

The sunshine is almost guaranteed. The whole time we were there, we did not see one cloud, so I would recommend it as a sun holiday where you might want to do lots of relaxing.

We found all the staff very friendly and helpful and had no problems at all during our stay.

I would recommend this resort and advise people not to be put off by any bad reviews you may see on the internet. It might take the shine off your holiday before you've even got there for no good reason.

More about Hurghada Long Beach Resort Hilton

Much better than the brochures

The Hilton Long Beach was in a class of its own. There are lots of activities to take part in. There are three very good swimming pools - one for tranquility, one for activity and another for the families. The rooms were excellent. The T.V. channels provided are very good, with CNN and two very good movie channels among others. The staff are very helpful and kind. And the scenery is brilliant as you will see in the photo. But there's one downside for the hotel. The food is below par. For a week it is fine but if you are planning to stay longer I would advise you to go to another hotel which has better food. But overall the whole experience was great and better than the brochures.

Ignore negative reviews!

by TripAdvisor Member Egypt05

I have just returned from a week at the Hilton Long Beach Hotel in Hurghada where I had a fantastic time.

After reading a lot of negative reviews I have to admit that I was very worried about this hotel. I have done a lot of travelling over the years and was apprehensive about going on a "package holiday"!

The hotel had over 800 rooms but there was never the feeling that it was overly busy. The pool areas were spacious and there was always the beach to go to!

The staff were extremely professional and helpful and couldn't do enough!

So many people have complained about the food which I find unbelievable. There was so much to choose from.. soups, about 10 different salads, meat, fish, fresh vegetables etc etc.. If all people want to eat is pasta and chicken then YES the food would be bland! There was so much variety with different themed evenings.

For a week of relaxation, this hotel is very good and does have a lot to offer.

Mixed Review

by TripAdvisor Member grahamed

There seems to be a wide range of opinions being expressed about this hotel- so I wanted to share our own observations (having spent the last week of July there). There seems to be contrasting opinions about whether the hotel is really a 5* place. My own view is that the hotel itself is basically a well run, quality hotel, but the most disappointing thing for me was the (number and) type of people who frequented it.

In truth I would rate the hotel itself just slightly below what might be expected of a top 5* hotel-but the main problem is that it is frequented by HOARDS of 2* guests. I would hazard the guess that it was 75% Russian/East European/German guests-mostly families. This would NOT be a good place for a romantic couple and the behavior of these guests relegate the place to having the feel of a much lower class establishment.

The hotel itself is located at the far end of the “resort strip” and is the kind of place people tend rarely to leave once they arrive. Hurghada is a bus ride away and by all accounts (elsewhere) not specifically interesting enough to prompt a visit. In view of the Sharm El Shek incidents we confined ourselves to the hotel environs-having spent the previous week on the Nile.

The hotel is absolutely HUGE-and overwhelmingly busy. The building itself (the main hotel) is rather bland architecturally (with little cultural reference to anything Egyptian.). Having said that, the rooms themselves (in the main hotel) are extremely comfortable, surprisingly large, airy and well appointed-they appear to have been recently refurbished in pale woods and yellow/blue color themes. Almost all, I would imagine, have a nice view of the ocean or the garden/pool area. The rooms compare favourably with other 4/5* properties I have stayed in recently. They are fantastically clean and fresh feeling-with powerful (but slightly noisy) A/C. Bathrooms are large and pleasantly equipped (although I think the bath in ours seemed a little less new than the rest of the room).

The hotels public areas are spacious but very very busy. There are two main restaurants-both buffet style and an All Inclusive guest can eat at either the Italian or the main (international buffet) Lotus restaurant (currently being refurbished). The Lotus has a large number of outdoor tables which-at night time- are lit by candles and actually make for a pleasant setting by the pool/lazy river area. Inside, both restaurants have the ambience of a motorway Service Station. The restaurants were frantic, busy and noisy. The food was actually surprisingly good however. The Breakfast Buffet is very well laid out and has an impressive choice and the lunch and dinner buffets were extensive and would satisfy most tastes. In fact the food was somewhat better than I had imagined.

The pool area is nicely laid out with a lazy river and the beach is actually quite pleasant (although rather litter strewn when we were there). The sun beds were mainly claimed by 7.30 am (Some people actually claim them after they leave the disco at 2.00am!!!) and finding anything around the pool for a family after 8.30 is impossible.

Facility wise the hotel is extremely well equipped (Health Centre/gym/dive centre/aqua centre/disco etc) and tries to do its best-with things like beach aerobics, volleyball, water-polo, “aqua-gym” sessions being touted all the time.

The staff work extremely hard and are very well trained. They were absolutely excellent and attentive-but because there are so many guests you rarely encounter the same face twice so its hard to establish a relationship with anyone.

I would recommedn this place to families (especially with teens) but certainly not those looking for a sophisticated resort. It is a real package holiday crowd and just not what you expect at a 5* place. A pity because the staff and the place itself probably deserve better.

TOP TIPS: The Egyptian restaurant on the beach isn’t part of the AI package (but you do get a 20% discount) and it is absolutely excellent. Tables are outside, service is wonderful and there is a gentle, Egyptian musician playing throughout dinner. A lady cooks the bread fresh to order in a clay oven outdoors and I would 100% recommend at least one dinner here (reservations needed). Dinner is about £15 sterling-with wine)

The Snorkel trip (available from the Aqua centre) is brilliant at £25 per person for 8-9 hour trip. The quad desert safari is a lot of fun too (£30 per head) but avoid the windsurf lessons- pointless and mainly designed to give the instructors a chance to flirt with European girls!)

Had a great time

by TripAdvisor Member karenandbecs

We were initially apprehensive on arrival due to mixed reviews of this hotel. We had stayed last year at Hilton Sharm Dreams in Sharm el Sheikh and had hoped this hotel wpuld be as good.We had an excellent holiday , we travelled with Longwood holidays and our rooms were excellent. We were in the main building with pool and sea views.Both rooms were large spotlessly clean with the bedlinen changed every day. We had all our meals in the Al Dente restaurant as the Lotus was only half it's normal size due to renovations and always seemed crowded.All meals were buffet style with plenty of choice and food always hot. Chef would cook fresh pasta and carvery with turkey, lamb etc. We found the staff to be very polite and helpful and although this is a very large hotel we felt the service was personal. We had same waiters every day and would give 10 out of 10 for customer service.Pool area was very busy during our stay so we went on to the beach every day which was clean, quiet with plenty of sunbeds and towels available no matter what time we arrived, unlike the pool which was very busy by 10.30ish.There are 2 all inclusive bars on beach and a new toilet block. The sea was clear and it was like stepping into a bath, there was always a breeze on the beach which was ideal as temperatures in the 40's. Also a couple of natural lagoon areas which were delightful and wind surfing lessons available .
Evening entertainment was fairly low key but the animation team who were all Tunisian did their best with a show each night at 10pm in the small amphitheatre and the Disco was open till last guest went to bed(drinks free till 12)We did not go on any trips having been to Egypt several times before but there were plenty available and guests we spoke to said they were all good value for money especially the desert safari and day trip to Luxor. Longwood advertise the hotel as 4 star and we were not disappointed.We all agreed we would definately go again!(ages 52,49.26 and 23)

its wonderful but a fews days is enough!!

by TripAdvisor Member morrisonsofyork

We stayed at this hotel for a week after a nile cruise
The food is fairly good and after your first days you think so far so good but the menu hardly changes even from one restuarant to another.
Soup, pasta, chicken , beef. The sweet menu is great as there are about 15 different types and you can have a different one every day.
Its not waitress service and I would not say 4* but its good clean 2/3*
Rooms are typical chain hotel room setups.
It is big with plenty on Russians .polish, Germans, Brits , french.
Hughada is about 20 mins bus ride (hotel bus 2 euros return) but these is nothing else within a mile of the hotel so you are faily stranded. It is been developed so maybe by 2007 it will be different.
There are some super reefs near the beach within easy wading distance
try these first before paying 40 euros for a boat trip

Would I return ? No Did I enjoy my visit ? Yes but after 2/3 days I had had enough
Please e mail any questions Im happy to answer if I can

Hilton Long Beach Resort Hurghada

by Joeblunt

"Our Room"

A Picture Speaks a thousand words........................

Clean, in good repair, modern, loadsa space, no problems here................

"Well Kept Grounds........."

Nice Clean Hotel Throughout.............................

"Pools"

Flippin Chilly this time of the year it has to be said, however the Pool nearest to the Restuarant was heated thank gawd......................

Hilton Long Beach Resort pool HurghadaHilton Long Beach Resort pool Hurghada

Hilton Long Beach Hurghada

by Dawnmike

Hi

I have 2 children aged 4 & 5, please can anyone tell me about the Long Beach Hotel.

Are the kids catered for?
Whats the hotel like??, I know its a Hilon but would still like confirmation.

I would really appreciate some advise,

Many Thanks
Dawn

by max144

Dawn, a Hilton is a Hilton, is a Hilton. You will find all that is in every other hilton, I have stayd there many times and there are children everywhere.

by Dawnmike

Thanks, I did mean HILTON, fingers moving 2 quickly over the keyboard.

Cheers for your reply.

Dawn

by davestorey

I went in January 2004, it was in the transition to a hilton (recently taken over) and was struggling to reach the standards hilton would expect.
The queue for drinks was large and had to drink out of plastic glasses.
The food was 'international' quite nice but sometimes cold.
Kids are catered for, they have a playground etc
The hotel has rooms in the main building but we found the beach rooms much better (quieter).
The pool is large and free form, the beach is huge with beds and sun shades.
Take a local taxi into hurghada town (el dahar or sekalla areas) to sample the night life (be firm with the agressive shopkeepers).

Re: Re: Hilton Long Beach Hurghada

by Alcestis

Hey there Dawn,

i'm going to the Hilton myself from the 20th of August
till the 27th.
When will you be going ?
If our stays match maybe i can play with your kids lol ;)
( no i'm not a dirty old man, i'm a 19 year old student taking a relaxing trip with her mummie )
if not, whoever goes first might be able to give the other some more information ?!

Greetz,