Ghorayfat Bay, Madinat Coraya, Marsa Alam, Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Iberotel Coraya Beach Resort

Sunshine

by imdreams about Iberotel Arabella Hurghada

Here there is a lot on offer both above and below water! The Iberotel Arabella is located directly on the Red Sea in Hurghada, Only 3 Kilometres from Hurghada New Town. It is the perfect holiday address for all water sports enthusiast, for beach bathers looking for relaxation and not least for diving fans! At the - Blue Water Dive Resort - diving school you can learn or improve your diving under German instructors in and around the hotel`s local reef. The whole hotel has been nuilt in the style of an oriental village and features 2 large pool landscapes ( fresh and sea water ) with children padding pools. Billiard
Tennis & Squash courts
Diving Center (Blue Water Diving)
Surf & Hoppy Cat School
Also marvel at the under-water world of the Red Sea at the hotel's own reef.
Satellite TV/video
bath/shower/WC
Refrigerator
Telephone
Air conditioning

Hotel With Terrific Views

by Katy77 about Iberotel/Novotel, Luxor

I stayed in the Iberotel (was Novotel until recently), and would recommend it to anyone. The staff were friendly and helpful, rooms kept spotless, and the sheets were changed every day.

The pool and pool area were also kept very clean.

I had no complaints about the food either, and will certainly go back. The view from my room was stunning. I had a Nile view room and could see Hatchepsut's Mortuary Temple, and people having camel rides on the West Bank. The view when the sun was setting was awesome. The hotel is a stone's throw from Luxor Temple.

The faluccas and ferry left from the poolside, which was another plus.

Loved the CORAYA

by TripAdvisor Member dannic

Loved the hotel. Upgraded to AI and got a lot of little extras including laundry. Def the best hotel on the Madinat Coraya complex. Hotel has good access to the sea unlike the other hotels on the bay. Good quantity of sun beds & beach kept very clean. Very good recycling initiatives. The coral reefs are protected and guarded to prevent damage. Staff in the majority friendly and professional. Food 100%. Rooms and rest of hotel immaculately clean. Genuine interest in providing customer satisfaction. Wouldnt hesitate to return & recommend.

Nice resort on Madinat Coraya Bay

by TripAdvisor Member islandhoppersTurin

We stayed at Coraya last April. The location of the hotel is fine, just few km from the airport, overlooking the Madinat Coraya bay and sorrounded by 4 or 5 other resorts (just not to feel too isolated!). The resort is quite huge. We guess the rooms with the best view are those further from the restaurant and pool area, even though it’s more windy there. Actually the whole area is windy, but the location of this resort is more protected compared to the hotels on the opposite side of the bay.
The standard room was quite nice, even though not that big if compared to other rooms we stayed in in the Red Sea, and had a nice balcony.
The food served at the restaurant was quite good even though a bit too repetitive. On the outside terrace every night a grilled dish is also served. Service was the standard you usually find at Iberotel: good but not excellent.
The two pools were well maintained as well as the beach: here you could enter the sea only from a spot in the middle ofthe bay in order not to walk on the coral. The reef around is wonderful and you can see thousands of fish also from the jetty:
We would recommend a stay at Iberotel Coraya.

A great February chill-out

by TripAdvisor Member cocaLondonPimlico

We are not divers or snorkellers but we wanted a beach and swimming and, of course, warm sun in February. We found all this at the Iberotel Coraya Beach Resort which we are very happy to recommend. We did not regret the lack of a nearby village or shopping but perhaps others should be aware of this. We were, for the first time, on an all-inclusive (Pharaoh Club) basis and are now total converts to this type of package: the food choice at the buffets gave us anything we might want (except decaffeinated coffee!!). We will definitely return next year and perhaps take at least one excursion next time - we are Egypt-fans and have already visited all the major sights. We strongly recommend paying for extra leg-room on the ThomsonFly flight as the normal seating pitch is a miserable 28" - a real squash for a just-under-six-hour flight.

Must visit this great hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member Lauren2306

We visited this hotel for the third time in a row. It was even better then before, this time! Great rooms, with everything you need. It's recommented to book the pharaoh club. Then everything is all in clusive. A tea/coffee maker, a fridge with water, soda and beer, a bottle of wine, fresh fruit and pastries on your room. The room is kept clean very well and the linnen is changed every day. 30 minutes of free internet access every day and free access to the gym and health club. Free of charge is also a massage, I can definitly recommend that! In the wintertime one of the pools (with a poolbar) is 33 degrees!! The service of the hotel is excellent and the staff is very polite and helpful. There is a lovely beach with a lot of space and windshields. On the beach there is also a barservice and in the afternoon they serve little snacks. There is a beautiful coralreef just in front of the beach. The restaurant is very nice and serves a wide variety of excellent food. There are 3 bars and in the Night & Day Bar there is live music every evening. The hotel is only 5 to 10 minutes away from the airport. Though there is no noise nuisance. We loved our stay at Coraya Beach and we would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants a nice and relaxing holiday!

Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member JennySouthYorkshire

I have just returned from Coraya Beach and I am just about to book my next trip there for later this year, which I think says it all.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, unless you are looking for a vibrant nightlife in which case this is not for you (or anywhere in Marsa Alam probably).

We spent a week at the Coraya and had a very lazy chilled out time. The hotel is beautiful and the staff simply cannot do enough for you. All the staff are male and they do tend to be very attentive to the female guests, but nothing thats a problem. Generally I think they do like the english and just want to do a good job in serving you.

We were all inclusive which I would recommend as there is nowhere else to eat or drink anyway and you also benefit from other extras like free laundry, internet etc. I used the laundry on our last day so brought home a case ful of clean clothes !

I am a very fussy eater so researched the comments on this and other hotels before going to Egypt, knowing how people complain about Egyptian food. The food at this hotel was brilliant, some wierd and wonderful concoctions but it was all really tasty and very varied, I dont think we saw the same dish twice. The service in the a la carte restaraunt is slow but it is definitely worth a visit as the food is beautiful. Neither of us were ill the entire holiday, or when we got back.

The animation staff are excellent at keeping you informed on what they are up to without ramming it in your faces. We went to a couple of shows which were very good and were not aimed at italians or germans as I have seen someone else on here say. ZuZu's or Night & Day are both also very good in an evening with a good atmosphere in both.

We dont dive or snorkel so I cant comment on that.

The only negative I have is Thompsons trips and if , like us, you are an all women group I would not recommend going to Quesir which is the local town and a "shopping" trip offered by Thomsons. We were totally intimidated by the locals who surrounded us trying to get us into their shops. Definitely not a trip I will repeat when I return.

All in all, not to be recommended if you are a twentysomething after some nightlife but if you want a relaxing beach holiday then this hotel is perfect.

Brilliant Experience

by TripAdvisor Member UKFamilyManchester

Went to the Iberotel Coraya over New year. Airport at Marsa Alam is 10 minutes away, so no long transfer time. Hotel is on Coraya bay in a complex all owned by Iberotel. On the other side of the bay is the Iberotel Llamaya and Sol Y Mar hotels.

The Coraya is by far the best hotel of the complex and has a more upmarket feel and clientel, right down to the fixtures, fittings and gardens. Walked around the other hotels and they felt decidely tacky. The Lamay and Coraya are TUI (Thomson) and cannot understand why the Lamaya is higher graded platinum - don't be fooled go to the coraya.

You must upgrade to the All-inclusive Pharoh Class, unlike other all-inclusives there are no wrist bands and all drinks are bottled Coke/Fanta/Beer/Nestle water not watered down or draft colas. Also no cheap plastic glassses. You also get free mini bar refills every day (including beer), free laundry service, free internet access every day, free access to Gym/sauna/steam room/ robe & slippers. You simply sign for everything and it is deducted from your bill. Range of local drinks and cocktails good.

The majority of guests are Italian, Germand and a few Russians, not may british, but this was a positive

food was very good and there was plenty of variety / carved meats / pastas - very good / show cooking/ good desert ranges / freshly prepared salads/ loads of fruit.

Three pools -one superheated like a bath, with a pool bar you can swim to.

Beach good with waiter service (you don't get that with the Llamaya) and sea shallow for kids.

entertainment the usual "international" shows, but the animation team were friendly but not over pushy. The staff are very helpful.

New Years Eve was very special with a huge tent built , carpets on the floor with camels, gala dinner, good show and disco. The hotel made an incredible effort for New Years Eve, that I doubt any hotel in the UK would bother to do.

Remember to tip frequently and often. Go to the bank outside and get small denomination notes in Egyptian pounds or give a few Euros /dollars. we tipped well and got great service.

We booked this hoilday with Thomson, the let down was the flight by ThomasCook airlines. The staff were particularly miserable (kept moaning about their aching feet on the return flight) , the food like dog meat, three blocked toilets, generally very down market, nowhere near as good as Thomson Fly.

Overall brilliant break, very relaxing and peaceful. We would definitely return. The management of the Coraya should be congratulated.

In Short go to the Coraya not the llamaya

Highly recommend!!

by TripAdvisor Member schwab74

My husband and I took our two children (ages 1 and 3) for a two week stay. The first week we stayed at Samaya Hotel (don't do it!). The 2nd week we stayed at the Coraya Hotel. Ahhhh, what a difference. I can't say any more than what all the other reviews stated. If you are going to Marsa Alam, stay only at this hotel- don't even consider the Samaya or Lamaya.

Gorgeous!

by TripAdvisor Member GoldenAbz

Hello!,...I've just got in from my flight back from Marsa Alam
Iberotel Corays Beach Resort/Hotel Was Lovely I'm only 13 but I loved every minute of it !
There was lovely food and I didn't get a dodgy stomach!
And There was really friendly people there!
My parents went last year and they liked it so much they took me and my sister!
I went swimming everyday and went in the sea and saw lots of gorgeous Exotic fish...Stingray,Starfish,Angelfish,Clown Fish,Stone fish,Jellyfish etc...

There was also a little pit with some cute little toritouse's in!

I watched The shows every night and they were really cool!

If anyone hasn't gave this rating a 5 star excellent They must Be Crazy!

Bye...
I'm going again next year! yay!...

Pigeon coop - HurghadaPigeon coop - Hurghada

Hotel Grand gardenHotel Grand garden

Hurghada - Walking alongHurghada - Walking along

Hurghada - MosqueHurghada - Mosque

Iberotel Aquamarine

by louiseylou

Can anyone please tell me the precise location of this hotel? Eg, road name, neighbouring hotels.

Thanks

Allison

Re: Iberotel Aquamarine

by Maria81

It's in Magawish district, on - I think - South Sahl Hashish Road. I remember it was quite close to the Oberoi...

Re: Iberotel Aquamarine

by petersnice

try entering "iberotel aquamarine" in google maps
it gives a very precise location

Iberotel Lido

by MorkMindy

Could anybody give some general feedback on this hotel ?

How far is the nearest snorkelling area from the htel ?

As it is in Naama Bay, is it in a noisy area ?

Look forward to any reply

RE: Iberotel Lido

by swisssinai

Small, cosy but very nice hotel with incredible views over Naama Bay. At the quiet end of Naama ( except in the morning as all the dive boats dock close by ), on the beach ( almost literally ), good snorkeling a little walk round the headland, and within 15 mins walking distance of the centre of Naama where the bars, restaurants, shops etc are. Excellent choice.

flamenco beach resort marsa alam

by crunchynut

im going to egypt in first week of april 06 and stayin at the flamenco beach resort near marsa alam. im aware its a fairly quiet area but was jus wonderin how i can get around to quesir or luxor etc. also if anyone has stayed in the hotel would love to know what its like. cant find any reviews on the net.
thanks

RE: flamenco beach resort marsa alam

by myriam_c

There are a few reviews on Tripadvisor:

Comments