LTI Dana Beach Resort Hurghada

Agoda.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 95% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• viddra's Profile Photo

A Step From The Sea

This is a huge complex of modern buildings with a beautiful park just a step from the sea.
    This is the hotel I passed by on my way to the beach. I also had some time to explore its grounds.

Unique Quality: This hotel has its own beach where you can play sports or take part in different organized activities.
    It's very good for children, too. There's the Giant chessboard with giant figures, mini golf...

Directions: the outskirts of Hurghada

More about LTI Dana Beach Resort Hurghada

Loved Dana Beach

by TripAdvisor Member HelenKingSouthWales

We have recently returned from a fabulous week long holiday at Dana Beach. Our party included five adults and four children (the youngest just one year, the eldest six years old). We had a fabulous time. The hotel was spotless and the grounds extremely beautiful. There were three pools each with a very different atmosphere- families, relaxing, playing. The food was excellent. There was tremendous choice, one thing we were concerned about before going after reading other reviews. The buffet included a create-your-own-pasta dish station and a roast meat served by a chef each evening. At least 9 dishes were on offer each night as well as a large range of salad, fresh bread and chips. Fruit and many different deserts were there to tempt you too. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They all worked very hard to keep up the standards at the resort. There was plenty for the children to do however, we would not recommend the kids club. My husband secretly followed our boys (age 4 & 6) to check they were all right during their first visit to the kids club. We were horrified to discover that they were left unsupervised in the pool whilst the leader fetched some towels - it was only a few minutes but still. The evening entertainment was very corny and disappointing. The children loved it and so did a lot of the audience, perhaps it was the humour clash of different nationalities! We would certainly go back again!
P.S. You do not need to take any towels and the purple jelly fish in the sea are completely harmless!

Disapointing!

by TripAdvisor Member teejayWarrington

We have just returned from having spent a two week holiday In Eygpt. This is the 2nd time we have visited Eygpt and absolutely love it. The fantastic sights, history, people and weather make for a brillant holiday.
We were then transferred to the Dana Beach hotel for our 2nd week. I have to say we were disapointed by the hotel. Whilst it is set in beautiful surroundings and very clean we found the whole environment sterile and impersonal.
This was not helped by the surly response of the reception staff upon attempting to check in. They gave absolutely no information about the hotels facilities or layout and considering we had spent the day travelling and were clearly worn out, a little guidence and simply showing us to our rooms should have been little to expect.

On the whole we had a relaxing week - but the food became boring and repertious, the rudeness of other guests, mostly who were Russian became increasingly annoying and lack of entertainment meant a few early nights.

Would have to therefore say that we would reccomend to anyone to visit Eygpt but to give the Dana Beach Hotel a miss!!!!

Absolutely Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member HappyDayz07

Myself, my husband, 2 sons, friends and their 3 sons stayed at at the Dana Beach from 24th March to 5th April 2007 and had an absolutely fabulous time.

The grounds were beautiful and well tended and so too were the rooms. We stayed in a family room with great views from our balcony over the pool and lagoon. Everyday our beds were made, kitchen, lounge and bathroom cleaned and the fridge was replenished with drinks which had been drunk. The service was second to none.

The food was very nice with a great variety of dishes including assorted meats and fish, pasta, lots of salads, vegetables, various types of potatoes. They also had a section solely for young children. The deserts were also out of this world, so many of them!

We also found the staff extremely friendly and they absolutely adored the children and the children loved their warmth and helpfulness towards them. It was also nice as our 7 yaer old could go off to the park or to one or the pools with the other children and you knew they were safe.

I would definitely stay at the Dana Beach again without hesitation!

Smokin' Joe

by TripAdvisor Member avpd49

We stayed at Dana Beach for the first two weeks of March. The hotel grounds are beautifully kept with,it seems, as many staff as there are guests. Meals and drinks are plentiful and the staff generally pleasant. Our room, which we changed, was excellent- large, clean and convenient. Overall we enjoyed our stay at the hotel.
However, whilst the food was good it would have been much better if it was hot. Similarly the water in our room never reached
better than tepid temperature. We found very little to do in the evening as the hotel is quite isolated. We were very much in the minority being English speaking as German is the 1st language and Russian the 2nd. I would estimate that English made up less than 5% of guests. Our main complaint is SMOKING which is prevalent throughout the hotel. Only one very small corner of a room measuring about 20 sq metres is non smoking in a 188,000 sq metre complex!

fantastic gardens and staff

by TripAdvisor Member TinamcChesterUK

March 2007 Just returned from two weeks at the Dana Beach Hotel. All in all a very positive experience. The rooms are comfortable, the grounds are beautiful and very well kept. Take some ear plugs as it can be a bit noisy at night when every one is returning from the many bars in the complex. It is very windy at the moment so you do not feel your self burning take care!! It is very cool in the evening you will need woolies or a jacket if you want to enjoy the entertainment which is quite varied. The entertainment team put on shows most nights and are quite good, this takes place at the Abu Nabas Cafe by the Pharmacy. There is also a singer every night in the bar under reception.
There was plenty of choice for food you will never go hungry, but the food is not always as warm as it could be. If you go to the a la carte you pay 50% of the bill and the food is cooked fresh and there is waiter service. We paid about £11 for a 3 course meal for two the drinks are free if you just have the local beer or soft drinks the wine list is quite good but you do have to pay.
The clientele is mostly German and Russian but every one is very friendly. We would recommend a trip to Cairo but the coach does take up to 8 hours we left at one in the morning and arrived at the Cairo Museum at 9.30. Exhausting but the majesty of the pyramids was worth it. Fly if you can!! I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel I wish I was still there. Tina & David McGinily

Hotel great, guests awful!

by TripAdvisor Member jetsetter77Uk

Just returned from a very relaxing week at the Dana Beach and thought I would post a review. The hotel is lovely and very well kept - the gardens are beautiful and well maintained. Everywhere is clean, and the rooms are kept nice and clean too. All in all we had a very relaxing week. My husband said the diving was OK, but not at all on a par with Sharm el Sheikh, if this is what you are going for.

If you want a quiet room, ask for one in the 4000 - 6000 block. Our original room was in the 1000 block - directly above a restaurant and the entertainment (which was slightly odd to sayt he least, but very loud).

The on site hairdressers is very good, but I was alarmed at the harassment I encountered whilst waiting outside for my husband. Hotel staff who work in the other shops approached me, and whilst they tried to be friendly, eventually I realised they were getting at more then being friendly . I ended up going inside and waiting. I was then left alone whwnever I was with my husband. Further, we often found that staff referred to me as 'the woman' or an object, and asked my husband to get 'the woman ' to sign forms etc. I think this is a culture difference and not to be offended by, but just be warned!

We enjoyed the all inclusive food at the buffets, although it did get a bit 'samey' and is geared towards the many Russian and German guests who visit (most of the waiters speak only German and we did have a bit of trouble being understood - but just be patient with them). I was a bit alarmed to find mountains of salami for breakfest the first morning, but did manage to locate other foods such as fruit, toast and omelettes.

Whilst we did not wish to pay more for food, having already paid for an all inclusive holiday, we did venture to the the Italian restaurant one night and were glad we did. The food was great there, and at 2 euros for a big pizza, after the 50% discount you get, we couldn't begrdudge spending that! It was also nice to have our food brought to us rather than keep getting up and down. Our experience of the buffet in this respect was that one evening we got up to get our main course, having finished our starter, and despite leaving a scarf over my chair and full drinks glasses on the table, on our return some Germans were sitting in out seats and refused to move! They had moved our glasses and clothing and just sat down. When we asked them to move they were extremely rude and couldn't understand why we did not want them to sit in our seats. The only downside to this holiday was the rudeness of the Germans and Russians; as someone else has said, they treat the waiters like dirt and I found that uncomfortable and embarrassing. They also think nothing of slamming doors in your face and 'joining' you for breakfast uninvited. They were however quiet around the poll in the day which we were thankful for. The Swedes were the problem here - they brough their own radio down and played loud tacky Euro pop for us all to enjoy.....

The 'local drinks' on the all-inclusive take some getting used to. The 'Gordooons Gin', and 'John Warder' whisky smelt rather like meths and tasted only marginally better. After a week of G and Ts though, you can get used to it..... Stick to the beer which was OK, and if you want a decent brand beer, go to the Italian restaurant and treat yourself.

Advice - on NO ACCOUNT lose your pool card - they charge 15 euros if you lose it, and in our case it was found by the pool staff and they tried to bribe us for money, harassing us all day after that which got quite wearing.

When you land at Hurghada airport have some LOO ROLL with you if you wish to use the airport bathrooms - certainly in the ladies, you are not allowed to take the loo roll unless you pay the attendant some money. Whilst I am sure this is a job for her, the last thing you want after a 5 hour flight (and a 2 hour delay at gatwick) is to be held to ransom when you are desperate for the toilet. Further, we had no small change handy having just got off a plane.

The entry visa process there is very easy, compared with Sharm el Sheikh, have 100 egyptian pounds ready, or £10 sterling and it's a 2 minute job.

They are really trying to encourage Brits back there, and we were often asked why there were so few of us around. I was tempted to say it's because we keep getting blown up when we go these countries (this is the reason many of my friends now refuse to go on holiday to Egypt or Turkey certainly). The staff were always pleased to find out we were not German when they spoke to us and said that we were very polite compared to them. So please keep this up and continue giving us a good name over there!!

What a let down!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Ivanhuk

This was an experience I would not like to repeat. The man made bay/beach was not clear; there was constantly a scum of diesel from the boats on the sand. Constantly bothered by beach sellers, snorkel trip offered by the on site agent a rip off. This is definitely not 5 star hotel, how can you have varying types of rooms from 2* to at best 3*. The health club offered a spa package but the spa is filthy and run down. The management and reception staff are unhelpful and surly and the shops in the hotel a total rip off. The Russians are obnoxious and loud they push in to queues fill their plates with food and then leave it.
All in all a dreadful experience.

Great time had by all

by TripAdvisor Member SJH986

We travelled to Egypt with our 3 children and another family with their 2 small sons for 12 nights. Our 2 bedroomed family suites were perfect and spotlessly clean. The food in all restaurants was plentiful, varied and hot !! The weather was a little windy initially then settled down to simply hot - but evenings were chilly and a jacket/fleece is advisable. All inclusive drinks were fine - egyptian Stella lager great and we even enjoyed the red egyptian wine, although we found the white undrinkable. A good selection of cocktails was also included. Grounds of the hotel were immaculate and staff were always friendly, although occasionally a little slow. All the public areas were very clean and comfortable but we found the beach a little disappointing and the heated swimming pool a bit murky. We went to Cairo and Luxor - both long days but definately worth it and the snorkelling trip offered by Sky was excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel for a very relaxing, comfortable holiday.

Would have been perfect if not for the food

by TripAdvisor Member Goofymimi

beFrom the ground and layout this hotel indeed achieves a 5 star status. The Moroccan style lobby is lovely, the garden is very well kept, with a lake in the middle of the compound. After seeing so many hotels in Hurghada, what I like about this is that the activity area is very well protected; they are completely surrounded by the hotel buildings. Once you're in it, you can forget about the outside world. You will not see tour bus, taxi, etc driving through picking up guests, you will not hear any honking from crazy drivers (which is something you hear constantly in Egypt), and hence you can totally enjoy the sun and the pool and the beach.

There are two swimming pools plus a heated one. The area is very clean. You can take a walk or with the paddle-boat to get to the beach. There is a lagoon and hence the area is very well protected. The water is very clean, although the sand is not always pleasant to walk on bare-footed.

We first reserved a room at the lowest rate. Upon arrival we have upgraded the room to a family suite, which consists of two bedrooms and two bathrooms at minimal fees. That was convenient that we each had our bathroom. The room has a view of the pool. It is very close to the reception area so it can get a bit loud at night until approximately 11 pm due to the bars and worst of all the karaoke.

There were mostly Germans and Russians there. It was surprising to find that almost everyone at the hotel from the reception to beach boy speak German! The Russians were not as terrible as what we have previously read on other sites. But we did have to give up a perfect spot at the beach due to the super loud Russian girls just behind us talking constantly nonstop disturbing us. We were also awakened twice by the drunk Russians at 5 am. The first time we just tried to sleep again. The second time it was so loud and ever lasting that I had to get out of my bed and out of the room and tell them to lower down their voice. They were all drunk and lingering around the hallway singing awfully loudly.

The rooms are very well kept with a safe and a minibar which is refilled everyday. The bathroom is also pretty clean. However in my opinion the furniture and decoration in the room is by all means not a 4 or 5 star hotel. I would give it a 3.5. It is very clean and we were satisfied in any case.

Tips are highly appreciated here. I have noticed that a lot of the staffs work very long hours at the hotel, I saw the same faces all the time at 11 pm or 7 am they were there. Most of the staffs were very friendly and helpful.

Finally, the food and drinks. That's the only drawback of this hotel and would be the main point of consideration whether to stay there again or not. The presentation is definitely excellent. There are lots and lots of variety of food that one can choose from. Everything at the dessert bar looked yummy, that is, until you eat it. They didn't taste bad, not at all, but they also didn't taste like anything, simply tasteless. We noticed this already on the first night despite the hungriness. Halfway through the dinner I completely lost my appetite. I'd rather see that they put less efforts on the presentation and variety of food but focus a bit more on the quality. The Chinese food definitely did not taste like Chinese, far from it, mind you. Don't eat the food at the beach. We ate there once and only once. For convenience we didn't want to walk back to the restaurant, so we decided to take a quick bite there, which comprised of salad, french fries, and pizza. The pizza was ok, but the french fries were completely soaked in oil! With each bite one could see the oil dripping out of the french fries it was completely disgusting. Mcdonald can make better fries! After that time we never hesitated again to walk a bit back to the restaurant. At least they serve better fries although still not better than McDonal or Kentucky! :)

The red and rose wines were terrible, although the white wine is not too bad. The fruit juices were not good. Some days the soft drinks didn’t even have gas in it, tasted like overly sweetened artificial drinks.

Overall, the hotel is very nice, only drawback is the food!

dana beach resort

by 1flyingscot

Hi folks
I have booked a week at the dana beach resort hurghada
would like any info on this hotel from anyone who has stayed there
thanks in advance