Lillyland Beach Club Hotel

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 29% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

More about Lillyland Beach Club Hotel

by itchie75

We will be flying into Hurghada for two weeks from Johannesburg (Kruger Park). We are from the U.S. and want to understand some of the local customs, exchange rate and where to exchange money. I've ben reading many postings here and think we need to get VISA's at the airport or ahead of time? We are Port Safaga Lillyland Beach Club and any comments about it and the surrounding area would be great. Such as Public Transportation to Hurghada. I plan to Scuba 4-5 days and snorkel with the wife any suggestions as to good spots to snorkel? And any recommendations on dive shops and Scuba tours? I really prefer to go out diving with 6-8 people versus 20-30 on a boat. So any suggestions?

We will be staying two weeks (April)and I need to do some more research on the Internet about other sites to see while we are in Egypt. We love ancient ruins and would like to see the Pyramids and Sphinx, Luxor etc. Is it safe to rent a car? Most are saying to take a bus or plane. Any help about how far away these sites are and if we can do a few in a day trip or plan to spend a night before returning to Safaga. Besides buses are there personal guides, in cars, as another option? Thanks for any suggestions and help. I will get back to reading others posts. Thanks again and safe travel to all. Richard & Deb

Re: Please help answer some questions about Egypt, Hurghada,& Port Safaga Lillyland Beach Club

by vdoortje

If you are US citizens with US passports you can get your visa at the airport of arrival for 15$ each.

I have been in Hurghada once passing through on our way from Marsa Alam to Cairo. It looked like one big building pit to me and our drivers told us that there are many Russian people coming there for holidays or have property there.

The Red Sea is a very good diving and snorkeling spot although the corals near to the coast of Hurghada suffered badly from the many tourists. More untouched coral reefs are down south near Port Khalib and Marsa Alam.

Cairo is about 6 hours by car away from Cairo. I would spend at least 2 days there. I am sure many travel agents in Hurghada will have this trip in offer.

As well as Luxor. Luxor is about 4 hours away from Hurghada. You can do it in one day, but I also would recommend 2 days over there to give you some rest visiting all sites. If you like you can combine it with a one day cruise to Denderra.

Good luck, Dora.