Hurghada Hotels

• mardo1000 profile photo mardo1000
  • Reviews: 2

Twin - Singel -Trable: 4 Seasons hotel hurghada is the best for traveller

4 seasons hotel Best place in Hurghada if you're on a budget
Friendly staff . great location . The hotel felt very safe and was for the most part clean .The breakfast was nice and they were more than happy to make us tea whenever we wanted it. This is a very nice option for the budget traveler/backpacker

My room in 4 seasons hotel had it's own balcony and bathroom hot water & TV , Receiver satellite, Ice box, Telephone. and was very clean.this is a good place to stay cheap if you do. We recommend. and We want to thank staff . we enjoyed our stay .

• Related to: School Holidays, Singles, Family Travel
  • Written December 30, 2007

4 seasons hotel 1

• gugi66 profile photo gugi66
  • Reviews: 677

GRAND HOTEL HURGHADA

NICE HOTEL BY THE BEACH, ONLY GUEST OF THE HOTEL IS ALOUD ON THE BEACH. FOOD AND DRINKS ARE VERY CHEAP. THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING, EVERYONE WAS SO HELPFUL. A GOOD LOCATION IN HURGHADA CLOSE TO "NEW HURGHADA" (WALKING DISTANCE".

I REALLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL............

*2 large swimming pools & two kids pools
*Waterslide
*Sun terrace with loungers and parasols
*Beach towels & beach bag in the room upon arrival
*Extensive gardens
*3 main buffet restaurants
*3 a la carte restaurants
*Weekly Oriental folklore dinner shows with traditional music and belly dancer.
*Piano bar
*Tennis
*Beach volleyball
*Table tennis
*Billiards
*Aqua center with windsurfing and water sports
*24 hour reception with money exchange facilities
*Laundry service
*Daily daytime and evening entertainment
*Wi-Fi zone (Brix bar)
*Limousine service
*Grand Shopping Mall with shops, internet- and billiard café, disco and additional bars & restaurants.

THE GRAND HOTEL HURGHADA IS THE FIRST LUXURY HOTEL BUILDT IN HURGHADA....

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Arts and Culture, Historical Travel
  • Written October 12, 2007

WIEW FROM THE ROOM

• HotSand profile photo HotSand
  • Reviews: 3

Aladin: Aladin Hotel Hughada is lovely

After our initial hic-up with the previous hotel, we moved here to the Aladin and immediately the customer service and quality of hotel we had paid for was clearly visible.
From the moment we stepped out of the taxi we were taken care of.
Once we were signed in we were given our plastic wrist bands (to show we were all-inclusive in the restaurants etc) we were shown where the safety desposit boxes were, they were in excellent condition and in clear sight for all guest. By this I mean they weren't hidden behind the reception desk where only the staff can se them 24/7. They have a guard there too.
The entrance hall was very comfortable and welcoming as were the surrounding gardens and walkways which at night were gorgeous and highlighted the flowerbeds. As soon as you enter turn around 180degrees and look up. Theres a mosaic of Aladin!
The room was everything is was supposed to be, very very clean, to the highest standards with our own balcony, fridge, TV and usual hotel storage.

The hotel is layed out like a little village with rooms set out in two's along the paths and within the corridors nextdoor to each other. Nothing higher that 2 floors.
There were 2 pools, one more focused on children but equally used by all ages of guests. The bigger was a little more quiet apart from the music and entertainment but if you just let them know you don't want to take part in anything they will eventually give up trying to pursuade you into doing all sorts of activites. (A huge range from volleyball to darts, I was there to relax by the pool!)
There was enough to keep you amused when/if you have had enough of swimming in the pool. The beach is just a few steps from the pool, along with a beachside restaurant selling basic's like chips, crisps, chicken nuggets, burgers etc. A whole variety of water sprots, spa, and gardens. If you venture a little further guest are allowed into the grounds of the next hotel, the Hotel Jasmine where you can visit the menagerie, and kids playground, bars, and lots of mini shops where you can buy essentials and souveniers. Shops like these can also be found up the drive to the main entrance of hotel Aladin.
Entertainment in the evenings was good with a go on a shisha pipe for as little as £1 (all sectioned off on outdoor sofa's far away enough from other guest so as not to bother them but close enough to hear the entertainment and still feel a part of it).
Food was also good, the variety was quite amazing but didn't change too much from day to day.
There is also a 'discoteque' but I never visited it.
All staff were lovely and extremely helpful. All were shocked we were previously at the Reemyvera but, then so were the locals they say the Aladin is very good.

All in all apleasant stay and definately recommended - if I visit Hurghada again I would very much like to stay here again.

• Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort, Water Sports
  • Written May 15, 2007
Tip Photo

Room off the corridor from doorway

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4899

Magawish Tourist Village

The second time I went to Egypt I went on a package tour for two weeks to Magawish Tourist Village in Hurghada. The reason I chose Magawish was that the diving centre I had been diving with the previous summer was within the resort area and I was going to dive again.

When I was in Hurghada in July 2000 Magawish was empty as the package tour companies had not jet started with summer holidays to Hurghada and it was out of season. When I arrived in December 2000 it was packed with Scandinavian people, mostly Swedes. My room was in a bungalow in the far end of the area. My room was nice and I did not mind the walk to the restaurant for breakfast. Included in the price was a big breakfast buffet (I especially enjoyed the yoghurt and fruit salad), and coupons for dinner buffet could be bought. I dined at Magawish a couple of times. One time I remember they played Swedish sweet dance band music and I don’t like that at all. I was very disappointed as I would have preferred Arabic music, being on holiday in Egypt. I never used the pool (as I was busy diving every day) and I d id not attend any of the entertainments they had, so I can’t say anything about that. The beach is nice and long.

• Written May 4, 2007

The bungalows in Magawish

Fort Arabesque Hotel: Snorkelling off the Beach in Makadi Bay

This Hotel half an hour from Hurghada in Makadi Bay is set around the bay, with coral reefs dotted offshore (at low tide close enough to wade to). There is an abundance of fish, and the coral was flowering in March. Hotel was comfortable and deserved its 4 star rating. We were on all inclusive and beer and wine was included. Buffet gets boring after a week, but having said that the food was varied and ample and there were always fresh salads with every meal. All rooms have balconies looking out over the sea. Entertainment is unfortunately aimed at Italians who frequent the Hotel in force in season, but they have a wonderful arena set apart for this, and there were all sorts of activities going on if you wanted to join in. Like most Egyptian hotels, there was no bath, just a shower, but there was a bidet as well. Rooms are cleaned daily and towels arranged in fancy shapes. Good place to go, good hotel to choose.

Specifically the snorkelling - we have been to the Maldives 3 times, and the ability to snorkel off the beach was high on my list. There were so many little clusters of coral reef that you could venture out of your depth but still close to the shore, and just go from reef to reef, it was wonderful. Weather was warm, but combination of water and wind meant you couldn't stay in very long without shivering. Tried a wetsuit, but water got down the back of my neck and it was like slow torture! Views from balconies were amazing, the gardens were absolutely gorgeous and well maintained, and there was even a heated pool - a huge one.

Hotel from garden

• Related to: Aquarium, Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches, Aquarium

• Related to: Aquarium, Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling

Dive Shop at Hotel

• kittivitti profile photo kittivitti
  • Reviews: 355

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel California: "Welcome to the hotel California..."

single room 25LE/night with seaview&open roof,close to the public beach and welcome tea drink from the friendly stuff

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written January 3, 2007

• WStat profile photo WStat
  • Reviews: 490

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sheraton Soma Bay: Luxury in the middle of nowhere !

If you like a holiday in the middle of the desert, in an opera-like environment (the Soma Bay hotel and resort resembles the scene of "Aida", with all the Sphinxes, Pyramids etc), than you are exactly right to stay there.Do not try to look for any outside taverns or restaurants, within a perimeter of 5-10 km you won`t find any.So you will have to concentrate on the many opportunities, the hotel offers, from Scuba diving to snorkeling, join one of the organised excursions (be careful, most of them start in Hurghada, some 50 kms from the hotel!) or just savor the plentiful of sun and the excellent Spa, the resort offers.
Food is somewhat above average, excellent breakfasts and barbecues, spoilt a little by the many kids present (although there is a kids program )
Rooms rather small, beware of the ones with a connecting door to the next, if you definitely do NOT want to listen to midnight discussions of the many Italian couples or to savor CNN by 02 am!

Soma Bay Resort offers one of the biggest, most spectacular pools I`ve ever seen.All sports, Golf included, are easily possible if you can stand the heat.

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written June 20, 2006

• Sambawalk profile photo Sambawalk
  • Reviews: 1601

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

4 seasons Hotel: Good value but bad staff

I stayed in 4 seasons hotel for 2 nites while I was in Hurghada. The hotel is clean and well maintained, I must say. I shared a room No. 101 with a friend. It has satellite TV, fridge, air-condition, a nice balcony (see the pic, the first level unit). It was asked 70 EGP and I bargained to 55 EGP. I would say good value.

Howver, the staffing is poor and they are pushing to sell day trip for snorkelling and diving. They keep saying their sister shop PRINCE dive shop is good and give good price.

My principal is to shop the one I like and I feel comfortable. At end I decided to join the New Dino Dive Centre for two dives the next day. When I returned to the hotel, the staff was so unhappy and complained that I was not listening to what he said. I was so angry and furious and said "Hey look, I am a customer in this hotel and I want to go back to my room to rest." then he said no more.

The motto is that we, as tourist and customers, should stand up for our right. Egyptians are not that friendly and NOR AM I. It puts on a scare on the memory of my trip to hurghada, and perhaps Egypt.

I recommend you go to other hotels as the attitudes of these staff are completely wrong.

• Written May 13, 2006

Hotel view

• Saladinos profile photo Saladinos
  • Reviews: 141

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Beacj Al Batros resorts: Bad experience for ladies

The place is fine but the staff are not up to the quality of the place.

I had some german girl friends who were staying at this hotel where i was also a guest. We met in the morning and found out they look so sad and depressed. I was told that a stupid housekeeper knocked on their door at 1am to check if the water is working in the bathroom. What a hassler. They recieved phone calls from the reception guys asking if they want to go out with them!!!!

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 22, 2006

• Saladinos profile photo Saladinos
  • Reviews: 141

downtown flats: Rent a flat

I was stuck with the over booking of the hotels. I met this guy who told me about renting a small flat so i tried his ides. I loooked in some and selected one that had an AC, 2bedrooms and a reception with a kitchen and 1 bathroom. it was also very close to where the action happens.

It has it all

• Related to: Backpacking, Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written April 22, 2006

• Innovator profile photo Innovator
  • Reviews: 440

Hotel Grand Makadi 5*

A resort like in a dream of 1001 nights. Built like an Arabian Palace, great architecture!
At night it is illuminated like a dream, see my travelogue pictures!

Before you enter Makadi Bay area, they stop every bus and look with mirrors under it if no bombs attached for safety against terrorists.

Then you drive into the park with numberous hotels between the palmtrees.
Grand Makadi has a fountain with palmtrees in front. Inside you have the grand café with fountain, lots of swimming pools. It's a very big 5* resort.

When you arrive you receive a plan in the reception where so that you don't lose your way. It's very big with lots of bungalows and seperate buildings.

I found a special site for all those who go to Grand Makadi.
A german tourist took all detailed pictures, even in the bathroom! :)

Unique qualities :

- Architecture & illumination at night

- Perfect area with it's own lagoon in front of hotel

3 A LA CARTE RESTAURANTS :
My advice is when you arrive to make reservations for the whole week directly!

1. ORIENTAL RESTAURANT (second restaurant left of the fountain by the grand café)
Great oriental spiced food, kebab, lamb, .... all in the all inclusive formula
The restaurant is sometime a bit cold due to the airconditioning
and you sit +- 2 meter far from each other. You can sit outside also.
Live music, friendly waiters, best restaurant in the hotel, variety of choice!!

2. SEAFOOD RESTAURANT (in the centre of the pools)
SUPERB!!!! Excellent Scampi & Fish menus, great waiters.

3. LEONARDO
Italian restaurant, we found the appetizers very good.
The head-dishes were not so good. Like Fungi pasta : not much sauce and taste not so
good, the tagliatelli was not so soft cooked. The least of the 3 restaurants.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written January 8, 2006

Picture outside our room

• mejlmi profile photo mejlmi
  • Reviews: 15

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Budget living

If you need to cut your costs, don´t book in advance. Take a walk and deal and bargain! Check with other tourists what they paid. I have been diving when I have been there and the staff at the divingcenter has recommended me good places to stay.
Maybe try to ask them?

Don´t go for the fancy hotels outside Hurghada. You can always pay to visit a beach as the cheapest hotels is in town.

Ok, not the best quality but you will get a clean bed and private bathroom

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking