Hurghada Hotels

Our Members Say

• Bastet_ profile photo Bastet_
  • Reviews: 23

Amal village 3*: Hotel in Hurghada

The hotel has many names because of changing owners. Last name is Amal village 3*, previous ones were The three corners village, Triton Empire beach. There are three swimming pools instead of promised two ones that was a pleasant surprise. One pool has 2 hydro massage bathes. But frankly speaking the swimming pools are small.
Rooms. There are three types of rooms. The first type rooms have seaside view, the second ones with view to swimming pool and the third ones with view to a wall between hotels. The third type rooms have one inestimable advantage – it is calmly and nobody walk there. You can take chairs out from your room, put your legs on barrier of a porch and relax after a rich day (or night :))
About beach. We hadn’t any problem with umbrellas, chaise-lounges and wicker wind-fences. Some people, who stayed at this hotel another time, told us that we are lucky.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 12, 2005

Amal village

• LexiB profile photo LexiB
  • Reviews: 27

The Grand Resort

The Grand Resort (www.redseahotels.com) is absolutely beautiful and the staff is very accomodating. I stayed a week in July and plan to go again in '05. The package that my friend and I purchased cost us just over $400 included airfare, hotel, transfers, breakfast & dinner (this is per person). We booked our travel through a German agent (I currently live in Deutschland) and I wasn't big on packages like this, but I have since turned a new leaf (but I'm still big on being spontanious). Although most guests were German or Russian the staff was still able to answer any questions we had and give us the real story on where the "locals" hang out and eat meals. I definitely recommend this hotel.

The rooms were absolutely gorgeous w/ an Arabic theme. I would definitely recommend a room w/ a pool view since Hurghada is such a new city that any other view would probably dissapoint with all the construction.

• Written November 24, 2004

• Saladinos profile photo Saladinos
  • Reviews: 141

Old Vic Village: The place U'll never forget

I liked the rooms: it has AC, TV, Refrigerator and clean from inside with a private bathroom of course and no telephone set.

The extension of the village is still underconstruction so expect to walk in between them some times.

It is not expensive compared to other places there in Hurghada and at the same location.

They have a beach where others from all over hurghada goes to.
In conclusion it is a fine place to sleep and sun bath

• Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written October 17, 2004

• pat333 profile photo pat333
  • Reviews: 10

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Grand Hotel: It's an Ok place to stay

Well, we stayed here last year and its listed as a 4 star - however, I'd put it close to more of a 3 star- 3.5 star. Ok, the service was pretty good however, the staff made it quite clear to many guests that they needed tips. Ok, I know they don't make much there but I saw one towel guy go ballistic at an elderly couple because they didn't tip him when he helped them with their sun chairs. The beach was ok- however, there are cigarette butts all over the place that the staff never seemed to collect. not that there were not any ashtrays but they kept getting knocked over into the sand. the room- well they have 5 categories of rooms and even though we were upgraded to a deluxe, the shower pressure was less than average, - , the toilet flush, well , after the 3rd day the pull flush mechanism broke off and we had to call the maintenance guy who then stood around after he reattached it with a piece of telephone wire waiting for a tip! the door was flimsy and we could hear the evenings entertainment all night. the food was rather bland. we were on a half-pension board which means you get a breakfast buffet and an evening buffet at any of the several restaurants there. Ok, breakfast was pretty good with big mugs for coffee, omelet guys for making made to order eggs and a wide variety of croissants and breads. I'd recommend to eat at the Swan hotel upstairs but hey, you better have your survival instincts ready because many touristsz there line up like 45 minutes prior to the doors opening and then if you were too late, you'd have to wait at least another hour to get a seat.
Many of the staff are helpful and friendly but the other 50% are disgruntled workers who really feel they got the bad deal in life. You'll have your waiters tell you how crappy their lives are in Egypt , etc., etc.,....... However, really, I guess not their faults , as we could see they were heavily monitored by upper management on a constant basis - seemed to be 2 managers looking after each employee-

• Written July 19, 2004

• CRVENI profile photo CRVENI
  • Reviews: 28

Hotel: HOTEL Regina Style

This is picture of the hotel entrance. It is taken from McDonalds which is exactly accross the street.

There are lot of shops, caffees and restaurants along the street in which hotel is situated.

• Written July 10, 2004

Regina Style

• CRVENI profile photo CRVENI
  • Reviews: 28

Hotel pool: HOTEL Regina Style

Very pleasent hotel, situated in the center of Hurghada. Entrance is from the main street with lot of shops, caffees, restaurants. Beach is about 200 meters from the hotel main building. You can walk to the beach through beautiful hotel park in which are numerous 1 and 2 floor bungalows situated. We were staying in the hotel main building, which has very spaceous and tastefully furnished rooms, all of which overlooking at the one of the two swimming pools in this hotel, although the rooms in bungalows are also nice, but smaller and modestly furnished.

It has two swimming pools, own private beach, different water sports, several restaurants and caffees located in the hotel, at the beach and around the pools.
It also have very kind and helpful staff, which made our stay in Hurghada one of the best experiances we had.

• Written July 10, 2004
Tip Photo

My girlfriend on the poolside

• SMURFIN profile photo SMURFIN
  • Reviews: 12

Hotel Three Corners Rihana Resort: Nice Place in El Gouna

My stay in this hotel was very pleasant.
Food was good, lots of alternatives.
We went in March (beginning of the season) and at that point there was not much animation around the hotel. If you don't like it. Go in march. Is is very quiet and peaceful then.
The beach is incredible. The hotel is build around a lake, with the most clear blue water I have ever seen.
Your "all in" is untill 12 o'clock at night, but at that time there is not much to do in the hotel.
There is no disco and there are not much evening activities.
This is a hotel with a Belgian Management, so there are a lot of Belgians.

Big pool
Good food
Amazing lake

• Written May 30, 2004

• larababy profile photo larababy
  • Reviews: 15

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Le Meriden Makadi Bay: Not 5 Star!

Our first trip without the kids. What a week! I don't mean in that way either!

Got there on Friday evening and by Sunday afternoon I was spending about 6 hours a day on the loo!

This was classed as 5 star accommodation by our travel agent, but it certainly was not. Bathroom very grubby with mould around bath and sink etc. Balcony door broken and even though the hotel stated that every room had a private balcony our room shared a balcony with the room next door. There wasn't even any furniture to sit on out there.

The pool was excellent. Recliners, pads and towels were supplied free but the gardeners were constantly watering the gardens around the pool with some sort of sewage water. The smell was horrendous.

The hotel was situated quite a long way from any town and you were really left at the mercy of the hotel and their food.

• Written May 5, 2004

• MattTB profile photo MattTB
  • Reviews: 93

Le Meridien - Makadi Bay: Le Meridien - Makadi Bay

The standard rooms are clean and up to the standard you would expect! The staff were very friendly!

A bit too much animation on the beach and in the bars for my liking, but not really a problem!

A great beach, but this can get very crowded! A good house reef in shallow water, with in easy reach from the beach!

Food- we used the buffet restarants due to the package we were on. Generally the food looked disgusting, however, you can find some nice pasta and steak if you find the area where it's cooked fresh! Otherwise I would stay clear of the buffet dishes that are stewing away in the steel dishes!

Nice location, but also at a disadvantage as it is rather a long journey from Hurghada town centre, the only real draw back!

Nightlife at the hotel is not up to much, there are several bars to choose from and there is a kids disco! Great! The is a disco for adults called the 'Boiler Disco', but it was closed when we tried to go there! Being so far from Hurghada town means you can't really go on a night out there easily either!

Supposedly has the 'biggest pool in the middle east'! - must admit it is big, but we spent all our time in the sea!!

• Related to: Beaches
  • Written December 1, 2003

• tashka profile photo tashka
  • Reviews: 140

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Princess Club Hotel: It was great to stay there back in 1997...

I've stayed in this hotel twice - in 1997 and 1999. My first stay was great, first of all I was impressed by Egypt, and the hotel was a very nice place to stay, where thay treated all guests as if they were close relatives of the hotel owner!
However, in 1999 it was not the same hotel, it became shabbier... Though, at the same time it became cheaper, so, after all it's value for money...

Two pools, own beach in a small bay, where the sea is always calm, and the entrance in the water is shallow, so it's OK for kids.

Quite nice two-storey buildings with garden views or pool views.

• Related to: Beaches
  • Written October 23, 2003
Tip Photo

• ratherton profile photo ratherton
  • Reviews: 310

La Perla

This is a small, friendly hotel where I stayed. The rooms were fairly basic but it was clean and I had no complaints. The food was good, pool was nice and there was also a little nightclub on site which was OK for a quiet beer in the evening. If you want to find more lively bars, it is only a couple of minutes away by one of the many mini-buses in the town.

NOTE: I'm not advertising the holiday company for the hotel website, I only included it so you could see the hotel. For all I know, that holiday company could be useless.

One nice touch I found was that every day when I got back to the room. The cleaners had made the spare blanket into a different shape. The photo in this section shows the blanket as a shark with the white towel as a bit of coral.

• Written October 2, 2003

SHARK !!!!

• fouads profile photo fouads
  • Reviews: 179

Le Basha resort: On Beach resort

It,s new one and big so they make new rooms beside the main bulding but it,s look so beautyfull .

If you stay in this hotel you can see the Show or any facilities in this hotel free so you didn,t pay for enter only pay for what you eat !

• Written July 2, 2003

• pretty33555 profile photo pretty33555
  • Reviews: 164

Great Hilton

This hotel is situated next to the "Grand Plaza". We used to go there to dancing. There is a discotheque named "galaxy" as far as I remember:))))
Also they have karaoke every Sunday:)
The thing that impressed me most of all about that place is its massive gorgeous, massive hall with twisted ladders with RED rug on it:)))))
I suppose that accommodation is more expensive that in "Grand Plaza", and besides they don't have the system "all inclusive"
As far as we could feel swimming pools are not heated up.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written May 25, 2003

• pretty33555 profile photo pretty33555
  • Reviews: 164

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

a sunny place with insidious glass doors

So, we stayed at Grand Plaza:)
What can I say?it's a 5stars hotel, which really keeps up to its "stars".
We didn't find any fault about the service and conditions:)
but!! be careful with glass doors!!! They clean them so impecably that it's often impossible tell whether it's glass or not:)))So there were some tourists who happened to crash against the glass of the doors:)) very funny!!!
I was among them, so my friend had fun too, when she saw a huge bruise under my eye the next morning. My dad was "the doors victim" too:D)))))

as for the qualities, it didn't seem to me that there was a wide variety of food there, but still it was delicious and of a good quality:))))
They have a very cute pizzeria there!

AS for an animation team........to tell the truth after the animation team in Turkey, that guys seemed to me a little bit dull:) nice guys, but I didn't rolled of laughter as I got used to in Turkey:)

oh yeah!!! all is inclusive!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive