Hurghada Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Magawish Tourist Village

The second time I went to Egypt I went on a package tour for two weeks to Magawish Tourist Village in Hurghada. The reason I chose Magawish was that the diving centre I had been diving with the previous summer was within the resort area and I was going to dive again.

When I was in Hurghada in July 2000 Magawish was empty as the package tour companies had not jet started with summer holidays to Hurghada and it was out of season. When I arrived in December 2000 it was packed with Scandinavian people, mostly Swedes. My room was in a bungalow in the far end of the area. My room was nice and I did not mind the walk to the restaurant for breakfast. Included in the price was a big breakfast buffet (I especially enjoyed the yoghurt and fruit salad), and coupons for dinner buffet could be bought. I dined at Magawish a couple of times. One time I remember they played Swedish sweet dance band music and I don’t like that at all. I was very disappointed as I would have preferred Arabic music, being on holiday in Egypt. I never used the pool (as I was busy diving every day) and I d id not attend any of the entertainments they had, so I can’t say anything about that. The beach is nice and long.

• Written May 4, 2007

The bungalows in Magawish

• MattTB profile photo MattTB
  • Reviews: 93

Le Meridien - Makadi Bay: Le Meridien - Makadi Bay

The standard rooms are clean and up to the standard you would expect! The staff were very friendly!

A bit too much animation on the beach and in the bars for my liking, but not really a problem!

A great beach, but this can get very crowded! A good house reef in shallow water, with in easy reach from the beach!

Food- we used the buffet restarants due to the package we were on. Generally the food looked disgusting, however, you can find some nice pasta and steak if you find the area where it's cooked fresh! Otherwise I would stay clear of the buffet dishes that are stewing away in the steel dishes!

Nice location, but also at a disadvantage as it is rather a long journey from Hurghada town centre, the only real draw back!

Nightlife at the hotel is not up to much, there are several bars to choose from and there is a kids disco! Great! The is a disco for adults called the 'Boiler Disco', but it was closed when we tried to go there! Being so far from Hurghada town means you can't really go on a night out there easily either!

Supposedly has the 'biggest pool in the middle east'! - must admit it is big, but we spent all our time in the sea!!

• Related to: Beaches
  • Written December 1, 2003

• fouads profile photo fouads
  • Reviews: 179

Le Basha resort: On Beach resort

It,s new one and big so they make new rooms beside the main bulding but it,s look so beautyfull .

If you stay in this hotel you can see the Show or any facilities in this hotel free so you didn,t pay for enter only pay for what you eat !

• Written July 2, 2003

• pretty33555 profile photo pretty33555
  • Reviews: 164

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

a sunny place with insidious glass doors

So, we stayed at Grand Plaza:)
What can I say?it's a 5stars hotel, which really keeps up to its "stars".
We didn't find any fault about the service and conditions:)
but!! be careful with glass doors!!! They clean them so impecably that it's often impossible tell whether it's glass or not:)))So there were some tourists who happened to crash against the glass of the doors:)) very funny!!!
I was among them, so my friend had fun too, when she saw a huge bruise under my eye the next morning. My dad was "the doors victim" too:D)))))

as for the qualities, it didn't seem to me that there was a wide variety of food there, but still it was delicious and of a good quality:))))
They have a very cute pizzeria there!

AS for an animation team........to tell the truth after the animation team in Turkey, that guys seemed to me a little bit dull:) nice guys, but I didn't rolled of laughter as I got used to in Turkey:)

oh yeah!!! all is inclusive!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written May 25, 2003

the palace itself:)

• pretty33555 profile photo pretty33555
  • Reviews: 164

Great Hilton

This hotel is situated next to the "Grand Plaza". We used to go there to dancing. There is a discotheque named "galaxy" as far as I remember:))))
Also they have karaoke every Sunday:)
The thing that impressed me most of all about that place is its massive gorgeous, massive hall with twisted ladders with RED rug on it:)))))
I suppose that accommodation is more expensive that in "Grand Plaza", and besides they don't have the system "all inclusive"
As far as we could feel swimming pools are not heated up.

• Written May 25, 2003
Tip Photo

• larababy profile photo larababy
  • Reviews: 15

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Le Meriden Makadi Bay: Not 5 Star!

Our first trip without the kids. What a week! I don't mean in that way either!

Got there on Friday evening and by Sunday afternoon I was spending about 6 hours a day on the loo!

This was classed as 5 star accommodation by our travel agent, but it certainly was not. Bathroom very grubby with mould around bath and sink etc. Balcony door broken and even though the hotel stated that every room had a private balcony our room shared a balcony with the room next door. There wasn't even any furniture to sit on out there.

The pool was excellent. Recliners, pads and towels were supplied free but the gardeners were constantly watering the gardens around the pool with some sort of sewage water. The smell was horrendous.

The hotel was situated quite a long way from any town and you were really left at the mercy of the hotel and their food.

• Written May 5, 2004

• Saladinos profile photo Saladinos
  • Reviews: 141

Old Vic Village: The place U'll never forget

I liked the rooms: it has AC, TV, Refrigerator and clean from inside with a private bathroom of course and no telephone set.

The extension of the village is still underconstruction so expect to walk in between them some times.

It is not expensive compared to other places there in Hurghada and at the same location.

They have a beach where others from all over hurghada goes to.
In conclusion it is a fine place to sleep and sun bath

• Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written October 17, 2004

• LexiB profile photo LexiB
  • Reviews: 27

The Grand Resort

The Grand Resort (www.redseahotels.com) is absolutely beautiful and the staff is very accomodating. I stayed a week in July and plan to go again in '05. The package that my friend and I purchased cost us just over $400 included airfare, hotel, transfers, breakfast & dinner (this is per person). We booked our travel through a German agent (I currently live in Deutschland) and I wasn't big on packages like this, but I have since turned a new leaf (but I'm still big on being spontanious). Although most guests were German or Russian the staff was still able to answer any questions we had and give us the real story on where the "locals" hang out and eat meals. I definitely recommend this hotel.

The rooms were absolutely gorgeous w/ an Arabic theme. I would definitely recommend a room w/ a pool view since Hurghada is such a new city that any other view would probably dissapoint with all the construction.

• Written November 24, 2004

• WStat profile photo WStat
  • Reviews: 490

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sheraton Soma Bay: Luxury in the middle of nowhere !

If you like a holiday in the middle of the desert, in an opera-like environment (the Soma Bay hotel and resort resembles the scene of "Aida", with all the Sphinxes, Pyramids etc), than you are exactly right to stay there.Do not try to look for any outside taverns or restaurants, within a perimeter of 5-10 km you won`t find any.So you will have to concentrate on the many opportunities, the hotel offers, from Scuba diving to snorkeling, join one of the organised excursions (be careful, most of them start in Hurghada, some 50 kms from the hotel!) or just savor the plentiful of sun and the excellent Spa, the resort offers.
Food is somewhat above average, excellent breakfasts and barbecues, spoilt a little by the many kids present (although there is a kids program )
Rooms rather small, beware of the ones with a connecting door to the next, if you definitely do NOT want to listen to midnight discussions of the many Italian couples or to savor CNN by 02 am!

Soma Bay Resort offers one of the biggest, most spectacular pools I`ve ever seen.All sports, Golf included, are easily possible if you can stand the heat.

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written June 20, 2006

• gugi66 profile photo gugi66
  • Reviews: 677

GRAND HOTEL HURGHADA

NICE HOTEL BY THE BEACH, ONLY GUEST OF THE HOTEL IS ALOUD ON THE BEACH. FOOD AND DRINKS ARE VERY CHEAP. THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING, EVERYONE WAS SO HELPFUL. A GOOD LOCATION IN HURGHADA CLOSE TO "NEW HURGHADA" (WALKING DISTANCE".

I REALLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL............

*2 large swimming pools & two kids pools
*Waterslide
*Sun terrace with loungers and parasols
*Beach towels & beach bag in the room upon arrival
*Extensive gardens
*3 main buffet restaurants
*3 a la carte restaurants
*Weekly Oriental folklore dinner shows with traditional music and belly dancer.
*Piano bar
*Tennis
*Beach volleyball
*Table tennis
*Billiards
*Aqua center with windsurfing and water sports
*24 hour reception with money exchange facilities
*Laundry service
*Daily daytime and evening entertainment
*Wi-Fi zone (Brix bar)
*Limousine service
*Grand Shopping Mall with shops, internet- and billiard café, disco and additional bars & restaurants.

THE GRAND HOTEL HURGHADA IS THE FIRST LUXURY HOTEL BUILDT IN HURGHADA....

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Arts and Culture, Historical Travel
  • Written October 12, 2007

WIEW FROM THE ROOM

• Innovator profile photo Innovator
  • Reviews: 439

Hotel Grand Makadi 5*

A resort like in a dream of 1001 nights. Built like an Arabian Palace, great architecture!
At night it is illuminated like a dream, see my travelogue pictures!

Before you enter Makadi Bay area, they stop every bus and look with mirrors under it if no bombs attached for safety against terrorists.

Then you drive into the park with numberous hotels between the palmtrees.
Grand Makadi has a fountain with palmtrees in front. Inside you have the grand café with fountain, lots of swimming pools. It's a very big 5* resort.

When you arrive you receive a plan in the reception where so that you don't lose your way. It's very big with lots of bungalows and seperate buildings.

I found a special site for all those who go to Grand Makadi.
A german tourist took all detailed pictures, even in the bathroom! :)

Unique qualities :

- Architecture & illumination at night

- Perfect area with it's own lagoon in front of hotel

3 A LA CARTE RESTAURANTS :
My advice is when you arrive to make reservations for the whole week directly!

1. ORIENTAL RESTAURANT (second restaurant left of the fountain by the grand café)
Great oriental spiced food, kebab, lamb, .... all in the all inclusive formula
The restaurant is sometime a bit cold due to the airconditioning
and you sit +- 2 meter far from each other. You can sit outside also.
Live music, friendly waiters, best restaurant in the hotel, variety of choice!!

2. SEAFOOD RESTAURANT (in the centre of the pools)
SUPERB!!!! Excellent Scampi & Fish menus, great waiters.

3. LEONARDO
Italian restaurant, we found the appetizers very good.
The head-dishes were not so good. Like Fungi pasta : not much sauce and taste not so
good, the tagliatelli was not so soft cooked. The least of the 3 restaurants.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Diving and Snorkeling, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 8, 2006

Picture outside our room

• kittivitti profile photo kittivitti
  • Reviews: 355

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel California: "Welcome to the hotel California..."

single room 25LE/night with seaview&open roof,close to the public beach and welcome tea drink from the friendly stuff

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written January 3, 2007
Tip Photo

• ratherton profile photo ratherton
  • Reviews: 310

La Perla

This is a small, friendly hotel where I stayed. The rooms were fairly basic but it was clean and I had no complaints. The food was good, pool was nice and there was also a little nightclub on site which was OK for a quiet beer in the evening. If you want to find more lively bars, it is only a couple of minutes away by one of the many mini-buses in the town.

NOTE: I'm not advertising the holiday company for the hotel website, I only included it so you could see the hotel. For all I know, that holiday company could be useless.

One nice touch I found was that every day when I got back to the room. The cleaners had made the spare blanket into a different shape. The photo in this section shows the blanket as a shark with the white towel as a bit of coral.

• Written October 2, 2003

SHARK !!!!

• Saladinos profile photo Saladinos
  • Reviews: 141

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Beacj Al Batros resorts: Bad experience for ladies

The place is fine but the staff are not up to the quality of the place.

I had some german girl friends who were staying at this hotel where i was also a guest. We met in the morning and found out they look so sad and depressed. I was told that a stupid housekeeper knocked on their door at 1am to check if the water is working in the bathroom. What a hassler. They recieved phone calls from the reception guys asking if they want to go out with them!!!!

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 22, 2006

• maxinekent profile photo maxinekent
  • Reviews: 4

Fort Arabesque Hotel: Snorkelling off the Beach in Makadi Bay

This Hotel half an hour from Hurghada in Makadi Bay is set around the bay, with coral reefs dotted offshore (at low tide close enough to wade to). There is an abundance of fish, and the coral was flowering in March. Hotel was comfortable and deserved its 4 star rating. We were on all inclusive and beer and wine was included. Buffet gets boring after a week, but having said that the food was varied and ample and there were always fresh salads with every meal. All rooms have balconies looking out over the sea. Entertainment is unfortunately aimed at Italians who frequent the Hotel in force in season, but they have a wonderful arena set apart for this, and there were all sorts of activities going on if you wanted to join in. Like most Egyptian hotels, there was no bath, just a shower, but there was a bidet as well. Rooms are cleaned daily and towels arranged in fancy shapes. Good place to go, good hotel to choose.

Specifically the snorkelling - we have been to the Maldives 3 times, and the ability to snorkel off the beach was high on my list. There were so many little clusters of coral reef that you could venture out of your depth but still close to the shore, and just go from reef to reef, it was wonderful. Weather was warm, but combination of water and wind meant you couldn't stay in very long without shivering. Tried a wetsuit, but water got down the back of my neck and it was like slow torture! Views from balconies were amazing, the gardens were absolutely gorgeous and well maintained, and there was even a heated pool - a huge one.

• Related to: Aquarium, Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling