Moevenpick Resort El Gouna

Moevenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Ariabod's Profile Photo

Not a five star service!

This was my second stay at Movenpick in El Gouna. I went there with a good memory of my first stay, however I got really disappointed with their quality of rooms (group 4) and irresponsible service staff!
    I didn't at all expect it. I know that they are renovating the rooms and soon these old ones will be transformed to better quality places. But when you go to a 5 star place and pay quite a lot of money, you expect the rooms to be "5 star". We had two adjacent rooms, AC in one room was leaking and in the other one you could not adjust the temperature. the rooms were full of insects! I had to go and get a mosquito spray from the down town, remembering old days in 3 star places. everything was used and old. staff was not caring. when on check-out they asked me about my stay and I mentioned that it was far from a 5 star, the guy arrogantly asked me about "the problems" and when I listed, he just remained silent! no apologies, no comments! no one was at guests relations where I went to give feedback about my stay! unfortunately it seems that no body cares in this hotel. even bellboys were not there! I was really surprised. no one helped putting the luggage in the car.... I will never go back to Movenpick in El Gouna.

Unique Quality: nice area, well located.

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo

Is it a village or a hotel?

Mövenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna:

One cannot believe the existence of such a huge area belongs to this hotel. It is directly surrounded by lagoons and beautiful gardens. There several restaurants and cafes with a magnificent view of lagoons. There are 554 rooms and several heated pools just next to lagoons. 40 minutes from Hurghada International airport. You feel like you are living in a paradis when you feel warmth of the sun and watch shining blue lagoons.

Unique Quality: A huge hotel site, beauty of lagoons surrounding the hotel, beautiful gardens.

Directions: From Hughada airport to lagoon areas (40 minutes)

• FRONA's Profile Photo

Absolutely lovely

Spacious Mediterranean style resort on the Red Sea with extensive gardens, 3 km of beachfront, lagoon and numerous dining outlets. Blending harmoniously with the landscape and natural environment, the Moevenpick Resort and Spa El Gouna offers extensive recreational and dining facilities, including Angsana Spa, diving centre and nearby golf course. Rooms, suites and family suites, 4 pools and conference facilities cater to all requirements, whether business or leisure.

Unique Quality: Great food, very friendly, great diving in the area

• myriam_c's Profile Photo

Mövenpick El Gouna Resort

The Mövenpick is a large hotel - 418 rooms - situated in between the Red Sea and the laguna. It's a low-rise building painted in a beige/pink tint. The rooms are large and have a spacious bathroom and a covered terrace. Ground floor rooms also have a small private garden.

Unique Quality: 5***** hotel of very good quality under Swiss management with 3 nice pools and pool areas and beautiful gardens.
    Furthermore a health club, tennis & squash courts, beauty centre, shopping arcade
    Also a very good scuba centre: The Dive Tribe (see my separate sports tip).

Directions: El Gouna, Red Sea

More about Moevenpick Resort El Gouna

Gouna - artficial Eden

by solopes about Hotel Movenpick

Hurghada was a disappointment. An ugly place, facing the sea. But what a sea! The hotel Movenpick, at Gouna, about 30 km north, was perfect.

So much perfect, that we couldn't forget how artificial everything was. Artificial lakes and channels create a pleasant oasis in the desert landscape. An artificial "natural lagoon" stands between the pool and the sea, where we have a wide, quiet and shallow beach, so shallow that getting to the water is almost jogging.

True Excellence in Swiss Hospitality...

by Christy~~Habibi about Movenpick Resort and Spa Hurghada

I totally fell in love with the view from our honeymoon suite. The Red Sea is so beautiful at all times of the day and night. I had an amazing time here and cannot wait to return soon, inshaAllah. The service was outstanding and the resort was always sparkiling clean. I would recommend this resort to anyone travelling in that area. The resort is on the Red Sea, has many gardens stretched out over 3 km of beach. There is the Angsana Spa for massage and relaxation, kitesurfing, a diving center, an 18-hole golf course, 3 freshwater pools, 2 kiddie pools, a fitness club, sauna, steam bath, gym, jacuzzi, 2 tennis courts, scuba diving, snorkeling and so many other things to do. The resort offers fine dining in numerous restaurants and a few poolside bars. There are conference facilities which will hold 400 people. The resort has 418 rooms with Airconditioning, satellite tv with channels in the following languages: Arabic, English, German, Dutch, Portuguese, French, Russian, Spanish and Italian. Anything you need is here at this Red Sea Paradise!!!!

Great Relaxed Holiday Hotel

We have just returned after spending 7 days at the Movenpick El Gouna. Its a really great hotel set in lovely Gardens next to the sea. Rooms are very spacious spotlessly clean with a nice outlook. (IF your are non smokers make sure you ask for a N/S room) The staff fall over themselves to help, always have a smile on their faces with a "good morning" or "enjoy your day" (I think Movenpick have trained them very well) ..

The Pavilon Resteraunt evening buffet and buffet breakfast are really good. We were not very impressed with the on site Il Limone Resteraunt

BUT......

This is the second time we have visited El Gouna (First time at the Movenpick) and both times at least one of our party has experienced tummy bugs, this time being so serious it resulted in being admitted to Hospital for 36 hours .. Where we picked up the bug we do not know, we only drank bottled water- We had eaten in the hotel and in the the Town So please take all the usual precautions when eating / drinking .

If it wasnt for the risk of a repeat of the tummy bug problem we would return tomorrow

The Movenpick Hotel: Just Great!

by TripAdvisor Member pommegrante

My husband, 7 year old daughter and I have just returned from a weeks break at the Movenpick, El Gouna.

If you are looking for an authentic Egyptian holiday then this isn't the place for you - El Gouna is a purpose built tourist resort - however it has been designed with sophistication and style. The local shop keepers are not allowed to hassle you and the whole place feels very safe.

It was wonderful to escape the British winter and get some much needed sunshine. The weather was wonderful every day (in the 30's) although it did get quite breezy on a couple occasions and we needed light jackets during the evening. However during the daytime the breeze was most welcome.

We stayed in room 6212 which had the most beautiful sea views and was very quiet.

We were slightly disappointed that the water skiing advertised wasn't available but Rob at the Dive Tribe was extremely helpful and arranged for us to be taken by boat to the Sheritan Hotel where we could.

The snorkelling isn't wonderful off the beach at the Movenpick and a boat trip is well worth investigating. The Galatea trip is highly recommended.

My daughter enjoyed the Kids Club and they arranged lots of fun things for the children. Cookery classes, tennis, pool games, shell hunts, etc. The kids also put on a show for the parents which was fun!

Getting to the Marina and Downtown is easy. A shuttlebus runs from outside the hotel every 20 minutes and costs £1 for the whole week. Alternatively taking a tuk tuk is great fun and costs £1 each way.

I'd thoroughly recommend 'Bleu Bleu' at the Abu Tig Marina (Go on a friday night when the atmosphere is terrific) I had the chargrilled calamari (£3) and the Sea Bass (less than a fiver). It was a meal that even Rick Stein would be proud of! Absolutely delicious.

Hedra in Downtown was another good restaurant with a lovely atmosphere - the fish here is also very good.

The seafood restaurant (El Sayadin) in the hotel has wonderful views of the ocean and the food exceptional however the service wasn't brlliant and the maitre de needs a serious personality transplant!

The main poolside bar/cafe is very reasonable and the salads are very good.

The Bedouin Evening was a bit of a nightmare - food wasn't great - service terrible (we waited an hour for a drink) and the whole experience feels like you are part of a cattle market. Ship 'em in, feed them, get a couple of belly dancers to have a wiggle, take their money and send them home. I would avoid going. It was the only major downpoint of the entire trip.

Another word of warning - the queues when departing Hurghada Airport are very long - take some water with you!

Loved the Movenpick

by TripAdvisor Member Stilli

Just back from a week at the Movenpick Resort and Spa in El Gouna with our 2 year old daughter - perfect! When we first arrived we were a bit overwhelmed by the enormity of the resort but once you take a walk around and figure out what is what - it all settles in. We stayed in Cluster 7 which we loved. It was a ways from the main reception area, the Palavrion Restaurant and the Oasis Pool but we liked this bc it was quieter. We opted for the standard room which was fine - good size - great balcony facing the lagoon and sea - and had a baby bed for our daughter. We were on the bed and breakfast option (breakfast buffet is great!) so had lots of choices for evening meals - loved the Thai restaurant and El Sayadin - the buffet in the Palavrion for dinner was not so good in our opinion and very over priced so we were very happy not to be on half board. The restaurants in the marina and downtown are plentiful and very inexpensive. The bus was convenient and the tuk tuks even better and fun.
The service was outstanding and all the people that worked there really went out of their way to be friendly and helpful - they were great with the children too!
Very mixed crowd in terms of ages - some honeymooners and couples and plenty of families - we were lucky to meet several who also "hung out" at the Lagood Poolside and Lagoon with children our daughters age - made for lots of good playdates! Also perfect for our daugter was the small playgrounds on the beach with slide, swings etc - all under a hatched roof.
Weather was perfect - 30 and sunny during the day with a slight breeze - cooler at night but very comfortable. We only had one very windy day but it was fine. Apparantely we arrived at the best time weather wise.
At night we went to the Piazza after we came back from dinner and our daughter loved running around with all the other children, dancing on the stage and watching the shows.
If you are looking for a really laid back atmosphere but with some different options for activities both duiring day and night this is a great place.
Absolutely no complaints and would definately recommend.

View from Movenpick Resort & Spa receptionView from Movenpick Resort & Spa reception

STEIGENBERGER hotel Hurghada or MOVENPICK El Gouna

by albatrosss777

Can anyone compare new Steingenberger hotel in Hurghada with Three corners ocean`s view or Movenpick in El Gouna?
I sow some bad reviews of Steingerberger in Hurghada, and am wondering if it`s better to go to El Gouna`s Movenpick?

Re: STEIGENBERGER hotel Hurghada or MOVENPICK El Gouna

by sayedaburas

All are lovely, but in my own opinion El Gouna is something unique. Best of luck! Welcome to Egypt.

Re: STEIGENBERGER hotel Hurghada or MOVENPICK El Gouna

by hurghadalady

The Steigenberger Al Dau is a pretty new Hotel in Hurghada and to be honest I have had no bad comments about it at all.
The Movenpick in El Gouna is lovely, quiet peaceful surroundings.
This is probably not much help, but you must decide whether you want to be in town, The Steigenberger isn't that far from other Hotels, shops, restaurants etc. or to be in a more peaceful setting.

Three Corners is okay.