PrimaSol Aqua Sol

Sagafa Road, Hurghada, Egypt

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Hurghada

My "black henna" tattoo.My "black henna" tattoo.

Hurghada at SunsetHurghada at Sunset

Hotel Grand gardenHotel Grand garden

Hurghada - Walking alongHurghada - Walking along

Hurghada to cairo!! how do we get there other than flying!!

by indyblu

hello!!
we are going to hurghada in a week and we want to go to cairo, does anyone know the best or most reasonable way of getting there?
i can only find flights and we cant afford to fly there
any help is much appreciated!
many thanks

by qaminari

It's 500 km and takes 7 hrs by bus (Superjet or El Gouna) - no trains. See http://www.ask-aladdin.com/transportation_in_egypt.htm

by al2401

This is the most up to date info I could find for prices - the Hurghada section is quite a far way down the page as it is mainly for train travel.

by smirnofforiginal

as the above poster says - Superjet... clean, comfy... take a good book because the journey back from Cairo is going to be much longer than the one to Cairo - the check points are taken very seriously. :-)
(oh and I also found the air con to be a bit chilly... if I had to do it again I would make sure I could stay warm enough!!!!!)

by vdoortje

I don't know how many people are included in "we". But, if you don't like the public transportation, you can decide to hire a taxi or mini-van.
We did that 3 years ago and paid 125 Euro's for the 4 of us to take us from Marsa Alam to Cairo.

You can go to a local travel agent or even a taxi driver and bargain for a price for this trip.

I have to add that we did pay about 30 Euro's extra tipping money for the drivers of the mini-van we had. They are not paid for the trip, they drive the van that is owned by someone else and depend on the tipping they can get.

Good luck, Dora.

Travel Tips for Hurghada

Fatarmogana

by vesna04

There is a spot in the desert near Hurghada where fatarmogana can be seen almost every day. I was lucky as it was very "good day" for it-the picture was very clear. I could've sworn that I was seeing the real water. It was unbelevable, especialy if you are first time in the desert like I was !!!

Enlarge the picture, even the reflection of the rocks can be seen!!!

Courtesy

by Prasnjavi

Courtesy of our hotel attendance was excellent. They were there every time where we expected and needed them. Our friend-of-the-days was Sherif, the hotel counter. He was everywhere. In the morning - in the breakfast lounge, during the day - lunch lounge, bars, swimming pool, in the evening - dinner lounge and around midnight - discotheque. "At your service" he use to says. Dule met him one day in the hall and told him: "Look Sherif, I'm going now to India and I don't want to see you there". He accepted a joke with a smile. Also, he was worry about me when I stayed one day in my room 'cause I had heat. He explained to Nina what I have to use to make me better.

They call it the Goebbels boat

by FRONA

Dr. Paul Joseph Goebbels (October 29, 1897 – May 1, 1945) was Adolf Hitler's Propaganda Minister (see Propagandaministerium) in Nazi Germany. Following Hitler's death he served as Chancellor for one day, approved the murder of his six children and committed suicide.

Goebbels was known for his zealous and energetic oratory, virulent anti-Semitism and perfection of the so-called Big Lie technique of mass propaganda.

Local people say that this boat belonged to him!!!

Fly by JAT

by Beograd

The best way to get to Hurghada is by airplane. From Belgrade the flight takes less than three hours. But if you travel during the hot summer time, be prepared for a shock when you leave the airplane! A very hot wind blows into your face and it can be very dangerous if you are not prepared. The airport is nothing much, and the bus will be waiting to transfer you to the airport building.

DIVING

by adonai_2012

Diving, snorkling at least!

Some of the possibilities:
-introductory dive (u go 6m deep 2 times in a day-no licence)
-scuba licence - 2days, some 230EUR