PrimaSol Titanic Resort & Aquapark

Feeding fish - from submarineFeeding fish - from submarine

ON OUR WAY TO THE SUBMARINEON OUR WAY TO THE SUBMARINE

Hurghada - Walking alongHurghada - Walking along

Hurghada-B747Hurghada-B747

Where Is the Best Place to Dive in Hurghada?

by Hoorgi

The title says it all mostly. I am already qualified, but will only be taking minimal equipment. Who are the best organisers? I would be prepared to drive anywhere within reason. Also, Are there any dive sites that I should not miss? Is a trip to Sharm El Sheik recommended (if so, how is the ferry?).

Paul

by rosegirl

Hello : )

welcome to Egypt,see this link and you will find list of best locations to dive in Hurghada http://www.hurghada.com/divinghotspots.html

about Sharm,if you will visit Hurghada so may be no need for sharm ,at least Hurghada city is cheaper than Sharm! i would recommend Dahab better if you still want to go there.

if you need any thing ,you can contact me,i can you and any tourists who are visiting here if they pm me with any questions.

RoseGirl

by Hoorgi

Thanks Rosegirl, I will check the link.

Paul

by Markoh

Link not working now, looks like a smart mapping co has taken over the domain. Is the page up somewhere else Rosegirl?

Markoh

Travel Tips for Hurghada

Russians in Hurghada

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Hurghada is one of few resorts of the world where Russian tourists prevail. About one million persons from Russia have visited Egypt last year. Overwhelming majority have visited Egypt through Hurghada.

Many tourists like to have a rest among the compatriots. I do not concern to them. Especially I do not like to lay on a beach and to hear Russian-speaking chatter. It suffices me at home! Therefore when the Russian tourist boom in Hurghada in the beginning of 1990th began I have told, that I possibly would be the last Russian tourist who visits Hurghada for the first time. Later 15 years I can tell that it has turned out almost true. The majority of my colleagues have already visited Hurghada. I was one of the last.

Hurghada became for me a prologue and an epilogue on the big excursion travel across Egypt. I am grateful to it for the warm sea and the hot sun!

Beach activities

by belgrade03

There is time table for various beach activities every day in Melia Pharaoh hotel. One can choose among belly dance, aquabic, aerobic, football, beach volleyball, darts, yoga. Everything is fun, especially the animators :)

Nighttime in Ali-Baba Caffee

by CRVENI about Ali-baba's bar

This was great caffe where we spent much time drinking and smoking shisha, with great music and nice athmosphere, and above all, very nice staff, especially DJ Zika who has serbian nickname and loves our music and - the most amazing thing - knows the lyrics of all serbian songs :) although he is egyptian.

Great seafood in Hurghada

by ChocoJones about El Mina

El Mina received mixed reviews on VT, but I could not wait to check it out myself and I was not disappointed. Great seafood! Some of the best meals I had in Hurghada were at El Mina, we actually ate there two nights out of 5 we went out.

It is true that this place looks a bit funny, like plastic covers on top of the table cloths, but this is quite understandable. The decorations of the place were quite interesting, too - sea shells, huge fish, etc. There is a big fish tank. El Mina mixed seafood platter is the best! Although they have recently substituted lobster to crab in this meal, it is still worth having. The meal consists of grilled/fried shrimp (2-3 big ones) 1 crab, 1 fish kofta, 2 pieces of fish, and calamari rings served with curry rice, 2 oriental salads, and a soft drink. We tried it both grilled and fried, and preferred grilled, although it is all a matter of personal taste. Price 90 LE

Stuffed crabs - I loved those! Crab shells stuffed with a mixture of seafood and mayo and cheese, I think. Sweet and creamy. Comes with fries Price 16 LE

We also tried srimp stew pot, which was very good, and some grilled shrimp

Sunset in the desert

by MalenaN

If you are going on a desert safari from Hurghada and expect to be able to watch the sun set over the desert in peace you are wrong. A large number of other tourists will climb the same hill as you to have a nice view. If you are lucky everybody wants it to be quiet around.

Comments