Pyramisa Blue Lagoon Hotel

Costs 104% more and rated 12% lower than other 4.5 star hotels

More about Pyramisa Blue Lagoon Hotel

Pyramisa Blue Lagoon Hurghada - Maybe not a 5 *

by TripAdvisor Member lynnehoran

At first glance the Pyramisa looks great. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The service was overall good. The food was not so good. Very bland and uninteresting. The rooms were ok but beds were like slabs of concrete. No parasols were available by the pool as it was too windy so you could not sunbathe unless you used the kiddies pool. Would I go back, probably not. Hurghada is a up and coming resort with plenty of shopping if you can dodge the shopkeepers from jumping out on you!!

Fantastic New Hotel Great Staff

by TripAdvisor Member Bob9811409

Went with Jetline Travel.
This was our third trip to Egypt.
First week on the Etoi de Nile I
The boat was great people were realy attentive and helpfull nice clean boat food was very good.
Met with other English couples and had a great time.
Did Temple tours very good Guide Mohamed.

Second Week we stayed at the Pyramisa Blue Lagoon which only opened last October. Great hotel lovely staff very helpfull three large lagoon pools lots of food the all inclusive deal was realy good. Had one or two problems with the Rep but received help from guest relations "Carmen" she couldn't do enough. I highly recomend it we had a great time. The management at the hotel is first class, any issues were dealt with immediately.

Overall a realy good holiday all arrangements were as stated I will definately travel with Jetline Travel again, cheers guys.

Best holiday in my life

by TripAdvisor Member Palcia

I just came back from one of the best holidays in my life which I spent in Hotel Pyramisa Blue Lagoon in Hurghada.
From the time me and my daughter checked-in until we checked out everything was absolutly brilliant.
The variety of the food was so huge that it was difficult to try everything.Everything was really tasty.I have never seen such big buffet in my life.You could find there everything what you would like to eat.Every day they bake fresh rolls and bread and amount of fruits and desserts was shocking.
We had our breakfast and dinner outside on the fresh air to enjoy brilliant climat ver there even more.
The staff in the reception and in the restaurant was very helpful.
The animation staff was really brilliant and they organise so many entertainments that we have never been bored.
My daughter did not want to go home she wanted to stay another 2 weeks and she already can not imagine the next holiday anywhere else than in this hotel.
I completely disagree with any bad opinions about this hotel.
The staff over there make you feel so welcome that you indded do not want to go home.
The rooms are cleaned every day and they supply clean towels on the daily basis .You get special card which allow you to get every day fresh beach towel as well so you do need to carry this with you over there.
The 3 big pools are cleaned very often also.
If someone is bored on the pool than he or she can catch free hotel bus which takes people to the beach and there is a bar with refreshments you can use within all inclusive option and plenty of sunbeds( free as well ).
I can reccomend this hotel to everyone who like professional staff, amazing food and cleannes around themselves.
Big thanks to the management for such good people they are employed over there and for the high condition of the hotel.
I hope to be back there.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member panther68

What a fantastic hotel! This hotel has only been open 7-8 months & is fresh , clean and a joy to spend time in.
The staff and management went out of their way to make our stay a wonderful one, this was definately a holiday to remember. The food was very good. The suites were spotless, the rooms were cleaned daily to a high standard and everywhere you went the staff made a point of talking to you and asking if you were enjoying your holiday. The hotel is wonderful, vey pleasing to the eye, you feel like you have found paradise. You can relax by the pool or join in the daily activities with their great animation team, who are soley there to make sure the guest enjoy the hotels entertainment and sports programmes. This is a fabulous hotel and my sister and I will be going back soon with our friends. I can't express enough how wonderful this holiday was to us, thanks mainly to the hotel staff and managements commitment to making the Pyramisa experience an unforgettable one!

Never Again!!

by TripAdvisor Member FrequentflyersRus

Rubbish all inclusive.......no food after 8.30pm, poor choice, (even waiters advised us not to eat there as it even gave them a bad stomach) Food tasted all the same and resturant was like being at Pontins! We were ill for the duration of our two weeks there and have since been diagnosed with Salmonella! : ( Drinks were limited, warm (in small plastic disposable cups) and served by grumpy staff! Entertainment was provided by the same two animation team and was very poor! This isnt a UK hotel.........we were the only English guests (inmates!!!) with Polish, Russian and Serbian being the majority. There wasnt even a UK flag outside the hotel nor did they accept UK Pound as rest of Hurgarda did! Do not believe staff when they state that courtesty rooms will be provided - The min you check out the hotel you apparently cease to be a guest (having wrist band and towel card taken off you) despite being 'stuck' in the hotel for a further 7hours!!..........Needless to say we will not be returning to this hotel!

Super service

by TripAdvisor Member upjors8

A beautiful Hotel, although not on the beachfront, it is only a short bus ride from the reception area. Buses are free and frequent,(every half hour.The beach is very well maintained with a bar , snacks, toilets and shower. the sea is beautifully warm but not for snorkelling here as there are only very small fish to be seen at the beach.

The pools are great with a very energetic animation team who try to involve everyone in the activities. The same animation team put on nightly shows and entertainment and the kids love them.

The bar staff are more than helpful to satisfy your needs and are always attentive, a special mention for our favorite waiter Zin who kept us amused with his great sense of humour.

Food is good especially the fantastic array of deserts that are always on offer, but fruit seems to be a bit scarce.

I cannott reccomend this hotel highly enough, the service was exceptional from management to cleaning staff. I will definitely go back one day.

Fantastic Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Dave-Joe

weve just returned from a two week holiday at this hotel - to be honest it was fantastic and the hotel was everything we expected except the food was bland and unless you like chicken, beef or fish you were stuck at most mealtimes -

I have however got to say the staff at the hotel were exceptional and couldnt do enough to help - in particular Bahgat at the main Marina Bar and Assem at the animation team who were both fantastic at their jobs and very hard working!

I cant recommend this hotel enough as only the food was dissapointing but maybe only to the English as everyone else from other nationalities seemed to love it ! there is however a KFC & Hard Rock Cafe within a 15 minute walk !!

the truth

by TripAdvisor Member gwynandkaren

on arrival the hotel looks lovely the rooms are fine the pool area is very nice .its only when you decide to eat or drink that the problems show there ugly head.drinks are basic beer and basic spirts tonics you have to pay for about £1.60 all served in tiny vending machine cups The food is shocking cold and boring the snacks round the are disgusting .You can get piza and other snacks but at a price and there is a way the drinks problem , tip the head barman and ask for bigger glasses once you tip the staff bend over backwards for you but every thing is at a price. POSITIVLY THE WORST ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE I HAVE EVER BEEN ON .for all you brits booking this hotel be warned the hotel is full of russsians and poles not that that was aproblem but htere was only 10 or 20 brits in the hotel without there company the holiday would have been a disaster cheers steve and karen and steve and rachel had a great time with u guys on a good note the hotel is close to all the bars and resteraunts and its dirt cheap to eat out

Animation Fantastic, Jeni and Gill

by TripAdvisor Member hurgarad

My daughter and I have just returned from a week here. We had a fantastic time. All the staff were lovely to us, so polite and friendly. I think the highlight of our trip was most definately the Animation Team ( Aseem, Chico, Ramy, Adam and the Mustaffa!! ). They were such fun and the Aqua gym followed by the Club dance was fantastic to do each day....great idea. We smiled the whole week thanks to this energetic and happy team. The evening shows they put on were very funny and professional, we loved them all. The hotel is lovely and the accomodation 1st class probably the only complaint would be the food. I know you can't please everybody but a bit more selection during the day would have been great. French fries by the pool perhaps. On the whole, a really wonderful holiday and a really nice town.

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member aalexander

Although the staff at the hotel were very friendly and the rooms and pool area lovely, the main thing that let the holiday down was the food. There weren't 4 restaurants either. The so called Asian restaurant was basically for the Eastern Europeans and Russians of which the hotel was full of. The English were told to go to the buffet restaurant. However, we did go to the Asian restaurant once but they are extremely rude and refuse to queue and barge you out of the way. The other buffet restaurant was very similar food but very repetitive and by the 4th day we ended up eating out for something different to eat for the rest of the holiday. The Italian restaurant was the Pool Bar that served pizzas but you had to pay for these. You also had to pay for any drinks in the disco. There was also no food at the private beach either.
On our last day for checking out, the staff were very rude and even though we weren't due to be picked up for the airport until 5pm we had to argue the fact that we at least needed lunch as they wanted us to pay for this. They also wouldn't let us keep our towel cards for sunbathing around the pool but we insisted that this was totally unfair and refused to return them until later in the day.

Entering the desert...on our way to a fun journey!Entering the desert...on our way to a fun journey!

Coral reefCoral reef

Hurghada - Walking alongHurghada - Walking along

Hurghada - FlowersHurghada - Flowers

sharm or hurghada ?

by pamelaandneil

we have been to sharm, looking at going to hurghada this year,we are planning on going in early october with two children but have heard that its not as hot as sharm at this time of year and alot windier in hurghada.

by ricky52

Trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local on the day variations.
This information should be used as a guide only.
Here is the average weather for Hurghada & Sharm El Sheikh for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

Low 73f / 23c
Rain 0.04in / 1.0mm
Cloud (out of 8) 0.4

by vdoortje

Well, I am not very fond of both places. Why not go for less touristy placesw like Dahab, Nuweiba or Marsa Allam????

by rosegirl

Hurghada is better than Sharm for me at least because it is little bit cheaper and not crowded like Sharm specially on high seasons.
Dahab is good place also as i heard from many friends who been there,i have never been there myself honestly :*)

Comments