Reemyvera Beach Resort Hurghada

1 Reemyvera, Km. 17, South Hurghada, Hurghada, Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt

Satisfaction Terrible

• Don't Stay at Reemyvera Beach Resort

Awful! Described as a Egyptian 5*\English 4*. Its a 2* at least. The only redeeming quality was the pool which was quite well kept. Rude staff and difficult once they realised we wanted to change hotels. They will say that it is an upgrade to another 4* hotel and tried to charge us more!!!! They delayed the whole process and cost us 2 days of out 7 day holiday. I ended up making expensive calls back to the UK to sort it myself.

We had to change rooms twice before we found one less than half decent. The funiture was scratched and falling to bits, the paint was scuffed, the fridge was rusty and not very clean but they do provide bottled water (this is the same in all hotels in Egypt as far as I know), the bathroom was the worst I'd seen since my univercity days and thats saying something! The toilet seat wasn't fixed on properly, there were insects all along the cracked sink and the shower cubicle was filty and rust/damage on the shower tray was painted over with some sort of white paint.

Not the best start to a first holiday with your boyfriend who had not been on holiday for 12 years!!

The food wasn't bad for an all inclusive but beware of the Russian familes, they stock pile their plates!! No offence intended there.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stress when you check in that they are not to hold onto your passport. They did this to us saying that they could not photocopy it until the morning. Rule number one when you're on your travels (as I'm sure many of you already know) is never leave your passport with anyone. They got quite offended saying I didnt trust them, which I didn't, and then became difficult and rude. They can have in in the morning - DONT LEAVE YOUR PASSPORT.

Please don't stay here! Stay at the Aladin instead.

Unique Quality: Own beach area, club, night entertainment (nothing special - just a man with a keyboard), some sports, buffet, few shops, nothing near the hotel to walk to though you have to get a taxi.

Directions: Not a lot nearby and in May 06 there was a 5-10 min walk through a building site (for an extension of the hotel) to a few shops by the entrance which were over-priced. You will need to get a taxi to go into town.

More about Reemyvera Beach Resort Hurghada

Aladin Hotel Hughada is lovely

by HotSand about Aladin

After our initial hic-up with the previous hotel, we moved here to the Aladin and immediately the customer service and quality of hotel we had paid for was clearly visible.
From the moment we stepped out of the taxi we were taken care of.
Once we were signed in we were given our plastic wrist bands (to show we were all-inclusive in the restaurants etc) we were shown where the safety desposit boxes were, they were in excellent condition and in clear sight for all guest. By this I mean they weren't hidden behind the reception desk where only the staff can se them 24/7. They have a guard there too.
The entrance hall was very comfortable and welcoming as were the surrounding gardens and walkways which at night were gorgeous and highlighted the flowerbeds. As soon as you enter turn around 180degrees and look up. Theres a mosaic of Aladin!
The room was everything is was supposed to be, very very clean, to the highest standards with our own balcony, fridge, TV and usual hotel storage. The hotel is layed out like a little village with rooms set out in two's along the paths and within the corridors nextdoor to each other. Nothing higher that 2 floors.
There were 2 pools, one more focused on children but equally used by all ages of guests. The bigger was a little more quiet apart from the music and entertainment but if you just let them know you don't want to take part in anything they will eventually give up trying to pursuade you into doing all sorts of activites. (A huge range from volleyball to darts, I was there to relax by the pool!)
There was enough to keep you amused when/if you have had enough of swimming in the pool. The beach is just a few steps from the pool, along with a beachside restaurant selling basic's like chips, crisps, chicken nuggets, burgers etc. A whole variety of water sprots, spa, and gardens. If you venture a little further guest are allowed into the grounds of the next hotel, the Hotel Jasmine where you can visit the menagerie, and kids playground, bars, and lots of mini shops where you can buy essentials and souveniers. Shops like these can also be found up the drive to the main entrance of hotel Aladin.
Entertainment in the evenings was good with a go on a shisha pipe for as little as £1 (all sectioned off on outdoor sofa's far away enough from other guest so as not to bother them but close enough to hear the entertainment and still feel a part of it).
Food was also good, the variety was quite amazing but didn't change too much from day to day.
There is also a 'discoteque' but I never visited it.
All staff were lovely and extremely helpful. All were shocked we were previously at the Reemyvera but, then so were the locals they say the Aladin is very good.

All in all apleasant stay and definately recommended - if I visit Hurghada again I would very much like to stay here again.

TRANSFER FROM AIRPORT TO Reemyvera Beach Resort And Marina

by haylz99

Hi
me and my friend are booking a holiday to Egypt at the above resort. Firstly, can anyone tell me if this resort/hotel is nice and secondly, how much is a taxi from the airport to there.....and how do we make sure we do not get into a dodgy/fake taxi

Comments