Regina Hotel Hurghada

Tags

Budget Travel Beaches Seniors
See Amenities
Tusjusha's Profile Photo

Nice hotel in the downtown

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 24, 2007

I was a bit disappointed when my travel agent told me there were no rooms available in the hotel I'd put first on my priority list and suggested that I should consider Regina Style a good option. The comments I found in the Internet were not encouraging and I actually prepared myself to the worst. But in fact the hotel turned out to be quite nice. The first and probably most important thing about it (especially for ppl who like partying and clubbing) is that it's situated in the downtown and most clubs are not far from it. For example the famous Papa's beach (Ministry of Sound) is almost round the corner. Otherwise you can always get a cab, say it's it's just a few-minute ride to Callypso club. There's McDonald's and some restaurants (I've heard there's one particularly remarkable for its ample fish menu) just in front of the hotel across the street. Besides there's a kind of a supermarket where you can buy some snack and bottled water. That's it concerning the whereabouts.
The hotel itself seemed quite nice to me. The staff at the reception tried to seem helpful but was actually very reluctant to do anything without any prospect of being paid for their "extra" service. I got a room on the first floor of the old building and was lucky enough to have my air-conditioner in service :) (unlike in some other people's rooms). The furniture was really old but I didn't care as I wasn't going to spend my days inside. Room service was not always accurate and regular unless you left some money as remuneration. No hairdryer and the water seemed to switch from hot to cold in a strange way...
Food. I had all-inclusive which was good as I could enjoy free drinks from the bar from 11 am till 11 pm. I didn't care that much about the food so I can just say it was ok, I mean I didn't have any problems when choosing what to eat not to suffer afterwards :) Sure you know what I mean. But you should definitely try the desserts they have there! Yummy!

Unique Quality: The beach is very close and in fact you have chance to enjoy both the sand and pebbles. There are also some nice places for snorkelling at the right, far side of the beach.
I'd especiialy point out the green territory they take good care of so you never get this feeling like you're in a desert or something.
Recommendations: good choice at good price, especially for young ppl. When checking in ask for a room in a new building (they are comfortable, well-equipped and overlook the sea).

Directions: Hurghada downtown

Saladinos's Profile Photo

It is a nice small hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 23, 2006

I stayed there many times and it is a nice place that has what u will need. I stayed in a 2 rooms hotel apartment and i also stayed in a nice studio. They have hotel rooms of course. U can always use the beach for a day use with some charges that wont exceed the 10 USD.

Unique Quality: The place has a nice beach with music playing, a disco, swimming pools.
the most important for me is that it is very close to all the main action spots.

CRVENI's Profile Photo

HOTEL Regina Style

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 10, 2004

This is a hotel beach, with nice golden sand and beautiful warm turqoise sea. A camel walking through the beach is known as Oscar, as her owner said, and is available for riding and taking pictures with. They are both very nice.

Unique Quality: Hotel beach is clean, with bar and water sports center, its own sunbeds, umbrellas and beach towels which are free for hotel guests. There is also spa center, in which you can have different kinds of face and body treatments and massages, and of course, henna tattoos :)

Nearby Regina Hotel Hurghada

• Pets Allowed
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Hurghada Travel Forum

Need advice about Hurghada, Egypt? Visit the Travel Forum for Hurghada and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hurghada hotel reviews

Fantastic
Wonderful experience
real Italian Pizza, home made fresh Pasta, soups,
Restaurants
Great new beach bar and restaurant
Quad Bike Desert Adventure
From Cairo to Hurghada GO BUS
Why take a taxi?
Not bad !
Transportation
Safari, l will never forget you!
Papa's beach disco
Nightlife
Bowling
Group tours - bus tours
Local taxi
Amusement Park
Things to Do
Family scuba diving vacation in Hurghada :)
Amusement Park - tea time
Amusement Park - dinner and entertaining
Amusement Park - Pharmacy and Zoo
Amusement Park - Keffiyeh
Amusement Park - Camels riding
Things to Do
Don't miss the great seafood/grill's & soup's
Stella in Egypt
Sea gull cafe
Inconsiderate safari drivers
Warnings and Dangers
Amusement park - fake beduine village