Sunrise Crystal Bay Hurghada

Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• cheercoach's Profile Photo

Restful Resort

Nice relaxing stay. Beautiful Grounds. Loved the lagoon and pool.

Room - tile floors, very clean.

Shower stalls tiny and reminded me of a do it yourself basement finishing project - and slippery. Sheets were pilled/nubby - shoul dhave been in the rag bag.

Did I say I loved the lagoon? Heavenly.

Unique Quality: Did I say I loved the lagoon? Heavenly.

• Conrad Hurghada

We stayed here 3 nights at the end of our tour of Egypt. The grounds were amazing and the hotel lobby was quite impressive. The bathrooms and the beds left a little to be desired for me. The showers are the little stalls with no tubs and very little room in them. I know other people didn't have any issues but for some reason, we couldn't regulate the pressure or temp of our shower at any time during the day or night. The bed was quite hard and the sheets seemed like they had reached the end of their usable life.
    The location is a little far from downtown and everytime you wanted to go out to eat or shop you had to get a lengthy taxi ride and deal with the cab drivers and bartering to get a legit fare.
    On the good side, the food here was very good, the nightly dancing was pretty entertaining, the pool and bay area were good for swimming, and the overall feel of the place was elegant.

Unique Quality: The Dive shop that is attached to the hotel did a very good job on my dive and made sure that everyone was having a good time while on the boat. I'd recommend them but I wouldn't recommend renting a camera from them as it didn't turn out too good for me.

Directions: 30km south of downtown Hurghada (per a taxi driver)

• uglyscot's Profile Photo

Luxury on the Red Sea

A really luxurious hotel.
    Didn't stay long enough- just for a day to comment too much. Certainly no complaints.

There seem to be chalets, villas all part of the resort on its own private bay.

Unique Quality: view good, shops but couldn't find suitable swim suit!

More about Sunrise Crystal Bay Hurghada

Safety when arriving in Sharm

by SSG84

I'm travelling to Sharm el Sheik on 22nd December, but the rest of my family are on a flight that arrives one hour later than mine. I am a young woman travelling on my own and was wondering about the airport and if I would be safe waiting there on my own. Also, if I were to get a taxi, how safe is that for me? Is there something official to look for on the taxis there?

RE: Safety when arriving in Sharm

by lacegirl

In Sharm, there is a building just outside the arrivals/departures called teh Air Mall. Only 30m away to the left as you come outside. Once outside and through customs, you can't get back in anayway. There is a coffee shop there, and it's new and clean, and good toilets. Great place to wait! There is an arrivals board in there.

So you could wait in there- in comfort. Where are you staying.

RE: RE: Safety when arriving in Sharm

by SSG84

I'm staying at the Coral Sea Resort, how far in a taxi is that away? if it's not far I may just go straight there. Thanks a lot.

RE: RE: Safety when arriving in Sharm

by lacegirl

about 15 minutes - should be no more than 40 egyptian to 50 egyptian pounds! Check the arrivals board, and you will see how long it will be before your family arrive!

Sometimes arrivals disembark quickly, sometimes its busy.... I flew in once to meet my husband there... flight touched down 125 mins early so I arrived at the baggage hall 15 mins after the proper arrival time... after getting visa, putting on make up in toilet etc, we hadn't seen each other for a month... his first words.... You are late!!!!!

Comments