Sunrise Le Jardin

km 11 Ahiaa Rd - North Hurghada, (formerly Festival le Jardin), Hurghada, 46, Egypt
Festival Le Jardin
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 46% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Sunrise Le Jardin

Brilliant Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member eccobeach20

Just got back from Hurghada, first time there but been to Sharm before. Festival le Jardin very impressive right on the beach no problem getting sunbeds if up early-ish. Food very good, big selection and all hot and freshly prepared. Lots of outlets if you don't want to eat in the restuarant, beach restuarant very good. The staff are absolutely brilliant and nothing is too much trouble. They are used to the rude Russians who wont queue and say please and thank you so they treat the Brits very well because we interact with them. Take no notice of the Eastern Europeans and enjoy your holiday. Pools very good but get crowded during day, you have to be up early to get a sunbed. Not much in the immediate vicinity but not far to El Gouna or the Marina, good shops. Overall really enjoyed our week and would definitely go back. Best bit, brilliant staff. Worst bit, rude Russians.

Good Hotel for relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member Woodlington

I returned from the Festival Le Jardin on Friday (5/12/08) after spending a lovely week relaxing weekend with my best friend.

Hotel
The property itself is a good complex with a sister hotel next door which was pretty empty! You could use the facilities in this resort also.

The hotel is positioned on the beach with a 2 minute walk through the beautifully well kept gardens. The beach has lost of umbrellas and sun lounger which were free to use. There was also a pool and bar on the beach which we tended to use as you got the sea breeze.

The rooms were pleasant and were cleaned everyday- with some very interesting towel designs. Our aircon was really loud but wasnt really needed as the nights were chilly.

The bathrooms were a bit poor in comparrison with the high standard of the room itself. They looked like they had been finished in a rush. However they were clean and tidy with everything u need so nothing to really winge about.

Pools were great- just a bit to cold for me to get in. They have a great fun area if you have kids. The pools are mainly surrounded by thong cladded tanned people, so if you dare to bear all go for it as you won't be out of place. Many of the guests at this hotel are Russian and German. They proved to be very friendly and we only had a few minor incidents with queuing!!

Food and Drinks
Like true British people we were to scared to try the salad and fruit as we have heard horror stories of 'Egyption Belly' but they had a massive selection. We stuck to the hot food, and all though it does become slightly repetitive ingrediant why's it was always of a high quality and diverse. I heard no rumblings of upset tummies so that's a good sign.

They do different themed evenings and one night had an outside bbq with kebabs etc.

All in all I can't knock the food as it was very good, not a chip in sight!

However you only got to visit one of the all inclusive restaurants which I found disappointing.

A wide selection of the drinks are included in the package- but go careful when taking up the offer of cocktails as these are sometimes not.

On the last night we found out Rose wine was included so we were very happy.

Staff
Very helpful and tentive staff. As 2 very pale, blonde and red haired girls we sometimes found it difficult to just sit unnoticed by the staff. This can tend to get a tad annoying but no harm is meant by it and it was not at all inappropriate or intrusive. Merely the staff proved chatty and interested in England.

Having said this however the people on the private beach can get VERY annoying trying to sell u dive trips, hair braiding or henna tatoos. They will come up to u again and again. Unfortuantely u have to be rude to get rid of them as even faking being asleep doesn't work as they gently tickle your feet!!

They are not agressive at all but it just gets a bit much after a while. There is one tatoo man that walks around with a pen and tries to draw on u. try and avoid this as I am sure that if he draws on u, u will have to pay- maybe mention to the kids just in case.

Overall
We had a great holiday- the hotel is in the middle of nowhere which is perfect if you want to chill out and enjoy the winter sun.

The temp will we were out there was great, with the sun getting cooler by 4pm and being dark by 6pm.

Just a note that they use american dollars at Hurghanda airport and offer u a poor exchange rate on the pound and Egyptian.

I would go back to this hotel if I wanted a cheap chill out hotel. However after a week we were ready to come home as there is very little to do or explore.

Had a great time!!!! :-)

by TripAdvisor Member HanLeeds

I have just returned from a really enjoyable week at Festival - after reading some of the reviews before I went I was really worried to what I was going to find but was pleasantly surprised!!!
I travelled on my own for a week of sunshine & relaxation & thats exactly what I got!! Obviously being a single female on my own safety was important & felt absolutely fine here at festival.
My room was excellent overlooking the beach & pool - definately the best aspect & not sure I would have been as happy with one of the other rooms overlooking the road or on the side of the hotel. The room was spotless & cleaned daily - & when the cleaner asked if everything was ok & i mentioned my only problem was flies - he promptly sprayed the room that day & no more flies!! Yeah the bathrooms werent the best but fully functional & clean.
The hotel as a whole I felt was well kept with pleasant garden areas & I found the pool areas clean. No problems getting a sunbed down on the beach or at the bottom pool which in my opinion was the nicest due to the welcoming sea breeze.
Food was not the best but I ate carefully & never once had an upset stomach - BBQ was really nice & breakfast was definately the best meal of the day!! I've stayed in a few other hotels in Egypt & the food was not that much different to be honest. Drinks were served in very small cups from the bar outside but beer good & ordering x2 saved frequent trips back to the bar!! & it was possible to get alcohol after 12 in the disco but had to pay - but approx £2 for a large bottle of beer was not too bad!
The animation/ entertainment team were great!! Taking time to chat & make you feel welcome - the evening shows were ok & most nights were really funny!! I feel the team really tried hard.
All in all I had a great week - the hotel had a nice relaxed, friendly atmosphere - not many English holiday makers there but I suppose due to the first season its been open. I'd definately go back!! :-)

Dodgy stomach's be careful

by TripAdvisor Member gymaddict

Hotel on first impressions looks very impressive, large marble reception, secuirty on main door with a metal detector/scanner you walked through. Only trouble was nobody actually took any notice as it kept going off all the time.

Buffett restaurant was ok at breakfast and at lunch times, but at dinner what a nightmare. No tables to sit at once you had got your meals, you just aimlessly walk around with food on your plate wanting somewhere to sit. Food was quite repetative, glad we only stayed a week. My partner had a very bad stomach on returning to the u.k. Had the runs then projectile vomating for 2 full days, so be very carefull with what you eat. To see the doctor the starting fee is 50 euros thats before given any medication, also got told from the rep to watch for the chemists trying to rip you off.

Pools were lovely and towel service excellent, there was a man made beach with loads of sun loungers with parasols around, only trouble was you got hassled for massages etc.

When going to the massage centre to enquire about the cost you get hassled to sit down and then they go into their sphiel about you book for 4 massages you only pay for 3, which works out at about £200 pound by the time you have finished. When you tell them that you will think about it and call back they become quite assertive and intimidating towards you. So be carefull.

The gym looks as if it was a last minute addition to the hotel as it is in 3 bedrooms, weights in one, 3 treadmills in another and a cross trainer and two bikes in another. nothing to shout home about there really.

There are alot of Dutch and Russians at this hotel, who are very arrogant, ignorant and just generally pig headed. They are rude, think they do not have to stand in line at the buffett and generally look at the english like [----], I am not usually bothered by these sort of people, but they did get on my nerves alot.

Rooms were nice and clean, 2 bottles of water free in the room daily, cable t.v was rubbish so take a dvd player with you.

Would i go back, no probably not, we have been to Goa and Cuba before and to say this hotel was classed as a 4 star leaves a bit to be desired. Would rate Goa and Cuba better.

Any questions then please feel free to e-mail me

overall enjoyable experience!

by TripAdvisor Member Taubman73

i have recently returned from staying in this hotel with my boyfriend for 2 weeks, which was more than enough time.

The first week was great, met by a grand reception area, which felt welcome, and was given a great sea view!. the bathroom left us with a lot to be desired tho.
We chose to sunbathe in the far pool on the beach, as this had a cool breeze from the sea, and was more relaxed. (salt water in the pool tho). it was also surrounded by lovely veiws of the red sea.
The main pool seemed to be overloaded with arrogant russians who never smiled, which left me questioning if they were on holiday.
The second week we went to luxor for 2 days which we would recommend, as this gave a lastly great impression.

Would also recommend a visit to el gouna town, which offers a variety of bars and resturants, and you are able to look around the shops with less hassle.

Overall the hotel was clean, well kept, although the food was too repetative and didnt offer much variety. the food was often also tastless, however we didnt have any promblems with our stomach.

The staff were all friendly, but didnt know any basic english language.
Would recommend this hotel to couples looking to relax in the scorching heat and relaxing atmosphere.

Relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member LuluSouthYorkshire

We have just returned from a relaxing holiday, this is a lovely hotel the staff are very friendly and cannot do enough for you. We were greeted with an orange drink in the beautiful foyer where there is plenty of seating. Our room was good with a huge bed very comfy, sheets were changed each day and so were the towels. The bathroom was a good size with shower over the bath. The balcony was small but I don't intend spending my holiday on it. If you like a cuppa first thing in the morning take your kettle as these are not provided. Two bottles of water are provided in the fridge in your room each day. The dining room is lovely with an abundance of food, soups are delicious. Food is served from 7 am to midnight in some areas of the hotel. There are a few shops in the hotel but nothing in the surrounding area as building work on other hotels etc is still going on. Although we never heard so much as an hammer. The gardens are large, well cared for with trees and flowers. Facilities are quite good for the disabled, but the two pool side bars have steps to go down. There is one bar near the outside toilets that is good for wheelchair users. The bar staff do tend to serve drinks in small plastic tumblers but they will give you more than one. Try the Italian restaurant we went twice as part of the all inclusive the food is wonderful Mohammed looks after you so well. There is also a fish restaurant but I cannot comment on this as I am not a fish lover. There is a small eating area near the fish restaurant that opens for lunch it is very good and saves the walk up to the main dining area. There are two pools one is on the beach itself, this one was by far the best for us as there was a lovely breeze and was quieter. Childrens pools are safe and there are good play areas for them. There are lifeguards on duty at the pools and on the beach. BE AWARE of li-lo's on the sea. I saw the lifeguard swim out to a couple that had got into difficulty because of these. Although the sea is shallow for 10 to 15 yards after that it drops to 3 to 4 yards deep so take care if not a strong swimmer. There is no library as yet, I spoke to Julie (our rep) over this and she had spoke to the manager who had promised that an area would be found in the near future. If you do want to borrow a book Julie has a dozen or so in her car. A trip to El Gouna is a must, this is a beautiful place known as "Little Venice" there are designer shops, good hotels, marina and golf courses and best of all they are not allowed to hassle you. Try the limo service run by the hotel it is £16 to El Gouna the limo is yours for 24 hours. Good drivers and well worth the money. Another 6 months from now and I think this hotel will be even better, the manager is open to any comments to make his hotel a happy one.

Fantastic and sooooo relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member tombraider_8

Currently at the Festival we are not sad just checking football results and thought we would let people know about this lovely hotel. Food is excellent with a wide choice and staff are very helpfull and pleasant. It is all inclusive so expect buffet meals but standards are very high. Must do is the two day trip to Luxor it is very tiring but well worth it with the visit to the valley of the kings one of the highlights. Hotel in Luxor was 5 star with pool and gardens on the banks of the Nile (fantastic). I will be 60 next birthday but I would not have missed the hot air balloon trip for anything. I must add being a wine fan that the standard is very good of both red and rose. There is nothing in the area but an excellent taxi service from the hotel means if you wish to try something different then you are in safe hands.

Good holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member joonekas

I stayed at Festival Le Jardine with my husband & little daughter from 4-11.11 and we liked it quite much! We had all inclusive pakage.
The hotel is good, rooms are big and nicely decorated. At first we got a noisy room but they changed it quickly :) Bathroom on the other hand was not so good looking..actually it was very badly built, but it functioned ok.
We liked the beach and the pool areas, ecpecially the children pool area and mini club and the mini disco every night :) My daughter loved the lovely lady Leila from mini club.She was so nice and friendly.
Food was ok - quite good choise in breakfast and dinner. Lunch wasnt so good and almoust same every day. And french fries we got only one day, then they stopped serving those at all.
We a now tanned and happy and had very good holiday in Festival le Jardine. I can recommend this hotel for families with children.

weather fantastic,everywhere clean

by TripAdvisor Member RDCC_LOVER

my partner and i have just returned from the festival.the hotel, beach and gardens are beautiful. we were concerned before going as we were told about building work,but this wasnt a problem at all, never heard a thing.
the english are in a minority here, but the staff welcome the english accent. lynn, the thomas cook rep was really friendly and helpful.
the food was ok, but did get to be a bit repetitive, and no chips! we were only there for a week, but 2 weeks may of been to much, as there is nothing to do outside the hotel. taxis are relatively cheap however, just watch the taxi drivers, their driving is a bit hair-raising!!
the weathe was glorious, plenty of space to lie around on the beach or pool.
as previously mentioned, the bathrooms werent finished off properly, but this was more of a case of rushing to finish them, grouting on tiles etc. the rooms were spacious, clean and the beds were comfy

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BIA_BIAOradea

We had a great time, the staff was really friendly and the food was good. I recomand it!!! The sea is sooooooo great !!! Verry nice garden :-)

Papas Beach Club........

by jodie86

Im heading to Hurghada Egypt in September 2009, with my boyfriend. We wasn't sure whether this place was going to be too quiet? But having read the reviews, it seems not!? Papas Beach Bar interests me! Especially the Hed Kandi and Ministry of Sound nights. Is the club easy to find? And will it still be open in September? Also can I acsess a timetable of the nights which are on there? Any information welcome!

by leics

should help.

I don't think Hurghada has a particular reputation for being a quiet place. It's a popular European package-holiday destination, especially for travellers from the UK.

by zicco

ministry of sound is open 7 days a week. it's wonderfull place the sea is beside the dance floor. it's lot of sand but very romantic place. also hed candi in new marina is very nice a new place they opened 2008 august. And you will find in new marina also papas bar. every taxi know this places and if you will stay in downtown you can just walk to this places. where is your accomandation in Hurghada? If you need more help with hotels or rent a flat I can help you with this? or maybe some trips to Luxor or seatrip to giftun island.

by jodie86

Im staying in the festival le Jardin hotel. Is this near these venues? Also how much are trips luxor?

by zicco