I will be arriving to Marsa Alam airport by late August. Despite there is some information in the internet about land transportation from that airport, it is not very clear concerning schedules. Namely, what I would like to know is:
1. How far is the airport from Marsa Alam?
2. Are there buses from the airport to the city center and how long does the trip take?
3. If so, how frequent are they and what time does the last one of the day leave?
4. How much does the trip cost approximately?
5. What time does the bus to go to Aswan passes by Marsa Alam and how much does the trip cost?
Thanks in advance for reading this e-mail.
I went to Marsa Alam in May/June 2005.
The airport is about 50 Kilometers from Marsa Alam, I booked a transfer with my hotel (Solitaire Sol Y Mar)which is about 40 kilometers from the airport, they had someone waiting for me on my arrival (approx $20 US Dollars).
I would imagine that the airport would have the usual taxis that can be negotiated, but I dont know about buses, sorry.
I dont think that there is a 'city centre', the resort seems to be a long coast road with hotels between the road and the sea stretching for ever. There is a town of Marsa Alam but I dont know if it holds any tourist hotels, I just passed through on the way to dive boats for days scuba diving.
Km. 67 El Quseir Road, Marsa Alam, Egypt
36 Km North of Marsa Alam International Airport, Marsa Alam, Egypt
Madinat Coraya, Marsa Alam, Egypt
KM 65 Quoseir-Marsa, Alam Road, Marsa Alam, 1111, Egypt
Latest Marsa al `Alam hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: 35 Km south Marsa Alam City, Marsa Alam, Egypt