Alexandria Hotels

Our Members Say

• HebaM profile photo HebaM
  • Reviews: 125

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

El Mahrousa Navy Guest House: AFFORDABLE!

If you are looking for a clean affordable place to sleep then El Mahrousa Navy Guest House will be perfect choice!

It's a big hotel overlooking the sea which is the best thing about the place but don't expect private beach,

They have a decent size swimming pool. The breakfast buffet is OK, they serve continental and local breakfast. the staff were polite and helpful.

The room was old but the furnitures were in a good condition, the bathroom is run down with no amenities. the air condition wasn't working properly back then.

location is very good. It's suitable place for families with kids thats' why it's more popular among Egyptians than tourists.

Overall it wasn't a bad experience but the place need a huge maintenance.

Location

• Written October 1, 2012

• TheLongTone profile photo TheLongTone
  • Reviews: 330

Union Hotel

What to say? It's a hotel, the rooms are reasonably sized, clean and light and will have a wonderful view over the bay if you get one at the front, and although the breakfast coffee was as usual Misrcafe (the local equivalent of Nescafe) if you ask nicely they'll do you proper Eqyptian coffee.

I've read complaints on Trip Advisor about the bathrooms being dingy but I can't say I noticed, but then as long as there is hot water and it's clean (check both) I don't care much about the lighting. Get a life, I say.

The header photo on my Alex page is taken from the room where breakfast is served. You couldn't wish for a better start to the day.

As with many Eqyptian hotels, it occupies the top floors of an office building, with the usual very ramshackle lift....don't be put off.

• Written July 19, 2010

• zuhur profile photo zuhur
  • Reviews: 88

renting vacation flat: Semouha

See the introduction for more. Rented a flat in the Semouha area this time. You might need an Egyptian to help you do this; you can work through an agent. Flat was reasonable at
$350 for two weeks, but I wasn't that comfortable, not so much because of the flat but the tiring trips down and back to Cairo; I decided to go back down there and just stay.

Semouha is a middle class area, full of people walking, traffic (of course) Thursday night is wedding and party night. Flat was a 2 bedroom - only hassles were getting the hot water running & finding a place to buy sheets and towels - all else is there.

Flat could fit a couple or a family with two children. Need to bring sheets, towels, ideally pots and pans.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written December 27, 2007

• zanzooni profile photo zanzooni
  • Reviews: 95

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cleopatra Hotel: Nothing fancy but the view!!!

My very good friend Ahmed brought us here for 2 reasons: It was inexpensive, and he lives with in walking distance. At first I was skeptical. It wasn't what I wanted after leaving Cairo and the insanity I had been going through. It was clean enough but I thought I wanted more amenities. I changed my mind, and I was glad that I did. It was clean, the staff were very accommodating in spite of the language barrier. Our first stay we were on the 7th floor, in a room over looking the Mediterranean Sea. When I opened the door, the wide window was open, and the soothing breeze enveloped me...I began to relax. The room wasn't that big, but it did hold 3 twin size beds with the most comfortable mattresses that I've slept on since Switzerland, over 25 years ago. There was a corner balcony that over looked the sea as well, and with both windows open to catch the cross breeze, one doesn't need A/C. The hotel has a dining room on the top floor which has windows on three sides. Nothing fancy, but you do get Egyptian breakfast consisting of coffee/tea, pita, croissants, olives, feta cheese, some type of soft buttery cheese, jam, small cakes, hard boiled eggs, cucumbers, tomatoes for free. The second time, we stayed on the 9th floor. I do recommend staying here if you want comfort and inexpensive.

• Related to: School Holidays, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written August 1, 2007

Ahhhh. Tranquility does exist

• sayedaburas profile photo sayedaburas
  • Reviews: 108

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

San Stefano Hotel

Constructions are about to be completed. It is expected to be the best of Alexandria hosting lot of luxerious facilites.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written March 9, 2007
Tip Photo

• exeteur profile photo exeteur
  • Reviews: 9

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Accomodation

Accomodation could be a bit pricy when the summer comes at Alexandria.Compare to other coastal area in Egypt,Alexandria can be a consider as a 'local beach' as most of the Egyptian will come here to spend their summer which could be a reason why the accomodations prices a bit high.
I coudnt remember the name for the hostel that I stayed but my fault because I didnt make any reservation before I got there.After going in and out about 10 hotels/hostels, I finally got tired and luckily one of them got a spare room.However, the price almost double and what I got just a dusty bedroom with broken fan and small bathroom with toilet.
I would suggest to other traveller who wish to visit Alexandria in summer to make a reservation a day or two in advance to avoid frustation which leads to desperation like me.

• Written September 13, 2006

• Sambawalk profile photo Sambawalk
  • Reviews: 1601

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

High end and budget type: Hotel info

I didn't stay in Alexandria, but I could see some of the high end and budget type of hotel locating along the Corniche and they are actually side by side. Take a look of the building.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written May 28, 2006

Hotel Union and Hotel Crillon

• vicky2003dv profile photo vicky2003dv
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Al Madina Al Monawara Hotel: Cheap and very good service hotel

We spend every year in Al Madina hotel.The service is excellent comparing the cheap price.It is very closed (5min walking) to Sidi Gaber train station.
I would warmly reccomend this hotel to all the persons that wont a clean and gentle atmosphere and that are traveling by Superjet to the airport,since the bus station is behind sidi gaber train station.

Near from Sidi Gaber station.Near from sidi gaber tram station.Elevator in the hotel excellent breakfast and excellent service

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 14, 2005

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4903

Crillon Hotel

This is not the first hotel I went to, but Union was full. I’m glad I came here, as Crillon is a lovely place with a nice old atmosphere. The restaurant is on the second floor and here breakfast is served (you can also have lunch and dinner). There is a nice view and breeze from the sea. The reception is on the third floor and has friendly staff. Rooms are on the 3rd, 4th and 6th floor and vary in size and price. Most expensive are the rooms (high in roof) with balcony facing the sea. They were fully booked with people from Cairo on vacation. A double room with bathroom is 84 pounds and a single room (actually a double) with bath is 62 pounds.

• Opinion of Price: N/A

• Written July 21, 2005

• Saladinos profile photo Saladinos
  • Reviews: 141

Rent a house for cheap price: If you are 2 or more then get a flat

My parents have a nice house and they rent it in the winter. I see that this option is very practical and cost effective.
when i go there with friends and our flat is not free, then i go to the local brokers found in the streets on the cornich called "SIMSAR" . Those simsars knows lots of places that will suit your interest.

You can pick the location.
You can choose based on your budget.
You will for sure save money if a family of 2 couples.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written October 25, 2004

• maykal profile photo maykal
  • Reviews: 1360

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Blue Riviera Hotel: Welcome to the 1950's!

Found this place by accident while walking along the corniche aroun Ibrahimi Beach. We'd decided we wouldn't make it back to Cairo that night, so asked at a few hotels along the seafront if they had any rooms...rooms they had, but prices in our budget they didn't...until by chance we spotted a tiny sign on a wall. Squeezing through a half-shut door, we surprised the ground floor residents who were doing...erm, I don't quite know what...but they bundled us in the lift, and we chugged up to the fifth floor. Pandemonium broke out on arrival..."A French has arrived, a French has come!", and an old lady was fetched from the back to see what on earth we wanted. Do you have any rooms? "ah, oui monsieur, venez!". The decor was old-fashioned, the sort of thing I would expect to find in 1950's France (not that I'd know, but that's what I imagine), and we were shown a very clean and spacious room with a balcony overlooking the sea. At reception, the rest of the family sipped pastis as we checked in our passports...I'm not sure, but I don't think they get many guests.

A large comfortable room with a balcony went for E£30...the bathroom was outside in the corridor, but as all the other rooms have private bathrooms, it was just for us. The room and the bathroom were both spotless...why can't all budget hotels be like this?

• Related to: Backpacking, Beaches, Budget Travel
  • Written October 17, 2004

• Sameh profile photo Sameh
  • Reviews: 13

Alexandria have all sort of...

Alexandria have all sort of accommodation categories. From international 5 stars hotel, down to small hotels that is affordable for stidents. Renting a flat in Maamoura would be a good idea. The rate for appartments are different from season to another. In winter the rate for a reasnable apartment is LE 150.00 per day (US$ 40.00) The best agency is Misr Travel office inside Maamoura. If you want to plan ahead in Alex. Take thoer number from your local agency, and arrange it before your arrival. Otherwise you will get ripped of from streat dealers.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written August 26, 2002

• SNOWMAN850 profile photo SNOWMAN850
  • Reviews: 72
stayed at a 4 star hotel...

stayed at a 4 star hotel there.

well the usaf did pat for everything. but we were there to help off load the boats that had all the vehicals in them. got to ridw thrugh town in a jeep and it was the coolest thing to do. we did walk around the town some and got lost but found someone who spoke english and got back to the hotel. lotta noise at night with all the traffic there.

• Opinion of Price: