198 Pyramids Road, Taa'won Square, Giza, Egypt

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Horizon Pyramids Resort Hotel

Hotel in the center of Giza

by Kuznetsov_Sergey about “Delta Pyramids”

Our hotel “Delta Pyramids” was situated in several kilometers from the Giza Plateau. Though it was rather difficult to get there by foot, but the view of Pyramids from the window impressed me much when I came into the room and opened curtains. I lived on the third floor and the view from the window was rather good. But I think that from the tenth or twelfth floors the view is better.

The room has air condition and is convenient enough for one or two nights in Giza. The breakfast is included and quite delicious.

You may watch my VIDEO-Clip from my personal YouTube channel: 2 min 42 sec Egypt Giza Delta Pyramids Hotel 2007 You may watch my Delta Pyramids Hotel high resolution photos on Google Earth in Giza according to the following coordinates 29º 59' 28.75" N 31º 8' 14.76" E
or on my Google Earth Panoramio Photo 1, Photo 2, Hotel Delta Pyramids Zoom View out of a window.

Giza and its Pyramids

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Giza is a suburb of Cairo. It is located on the distance of 12 kilometers from the center. To get Giza it is necessary to cross the Nile across one of bridges and appear on the left bank.

The well-known Pyramids have made Giza world renowned. Though I did not know that Giza is the big city enough. We lived in the hotel located in Giza. I could observe Pyramids from my window. It is impossible to come to Egypt and not to have a look at the Pyramids of Giza and the Great Sphinx!

One of the Seven World Miracles involves millions tourists among whom I have appeared in August 2007.

You may watch my Pyramids of Giza SLIDE-Show from my WebShot Page.

You may watch my VIDEO-Clips or simply listen to the Egyptian music from my personal YouTube channel:
1 min 20 sec Egypt Giza Arrival by train 2007

Industrial SiteIndustrial Site

City Traffic - CairoCity Traffic - Cairo

Taxi fares

Hi
Could anyone tell me what prices we should be paying for the following taxi journeys so we don't get ripped off! Many thanks, Claire

1) Taxi from Sonesta St George hotel, Luxor to Luxor airport

2) Taxi from Cairo airport to Egyptian museum

3) Taxi from museum to Citadel

4) Taxi from Cairo to Pyramids area

Thanks!
It would be to the Meridien Pyramids hotel.

Thanks a lot!
Yes, we are coming from the airport to the museum as we have no luggage as such to put in our hotel, so this will be our first stop. Do you know what time it opens please as our flight lands around 7.30am?
Thanks

by clairegeordio

We are just staying for 1 night, near the pyramids, so hopefully, won't have TOO much baggage!! I guess we'll see....

by marimar_72

i agree with michel about no luggage bags,but hand bags are ok.but they will be checked b4 entering the museum.
and last time i visited the museum in Feb 2004 i was allowed to take my digi cam with me inside,no flash photography (it wasnt a vedio cam though.)

hello people!!

by ollielister1

hi, me and my friends are going to egypt and staying in the movenpick pyramids hotel. we would like to know if anyone has been here and what is it like, food etc. and any other imput would be very greatfull. thankyou

by reezal

one thing for sure its very far frm other tourist attractions except Pyramids. Suggestion once finish with pyramids, I suggest u move to downtown...a lot of hotels there which will make it more convenient to travel to museums and etc.

by optic

hiya, i also originally chose a hotel in this area, (pyramids continental) and was advised by this board that it was far from everything, except the pyramids. this i didnt mind, until i discovered it would take an hour (or more at rush times) in a taxi every time we wanted to go downtown, to bars, egyptian museum,to eat, markets, coptic cairo and everything else. this i couldnt be bothered with, especially in summer when the heat is exhausting, then back to change, then in taxi again, etc etc............not thanks. i contacted my travel agent, and changed for an extra £20 each to the nile hilton. now reading, i feel i have made a great choice, and dont have the hassle of travel. i advise you to do the same, and the nile hilton is a favourite, the egyptian museum is right next door.....

RE: RE: hello people!!

by luv2tango

Hi,
The Moevenpick pyramids is a nice hotel but as stated its location is only convenient for seeing the pyramids. Better choice would be to stay at Nile Hilton as suggested. I have stayed at both and the Nile Hilton location is
definately more convenient and it is a much nicer hotel as well.
Have a wonderful holiday,

Anita

by hisho

its a good choice.very close 2 the pyramids with nice landscaping and cool pool
and dont miss the breakfast there its nice

General Questions/Hotel

by jmcoru

Traveling with adult sons to Egypt for 10 days in late April early May. They are adventurous. I am a planner. Please recommend the following:
1. How many days in each city. We want to see Cairo, Luxor and Alexandria.
2. Hotel accommodations (Don't need 4 star, something equal to Holiday Inn in the states. Book before arrival?
3. What are must sees in each city. What if any tours should be booked prior to arrival.

Any help would be appreciated.

by al2401

Hi, you would need at least an overnight or two whole days in both Luxor and Alexandria and travel and retrun from both will take another day each. You can travel to Luxor on the overnight train which would save some time. I suggest time in Cairo before, between and at the end.

In Luxor, apart from the Valleys of the Kings and Queens, you must see the Valley of the Artisans/Nobles. I also recommend an early morning hot air balloon trip - a once in a life time experience even if you have been ballooning before.

In Alexandria htere is also a lot to see - the Library is a must and tours are available - there are often great exhibits there as well. I only did a day trip from Cairo so didn't get to see the Qaitbay Fort and the WWII battlefield of El Alamein is close.

Please visit may Egypt travel pages (just click on my photo to get to my home page)for lots of things to do in Cairo.

Sorry can't help with hotels

Alison

by Court94403

I would stay 3-5 days in Cairo, 2 days in Luxor, and probably 2 days in Alex. For cheaper but clean hotels try Intercontinental in Cairo, Sonesta, and The Kaoud Delta Pyramids Hotel (but BEWARE, I had a bad experience with them). However, they are a bit cheaper and clean. In Luxor try the Nefertiti Hotel, Mena Hotel, The Cleopatra or the Isis. In Alexandria, try the Kaoud Sporting Hotel (around 35 USD)

On What To Do:

Luxor
Valley of the Kings
Valley of the Queens
Deir El Bahiri (Hatshepsut's Temple)
The Ramesseum (if you have time)
The Colossi of Memnon (if you have time)
Luxor Temple
Karnak Temple

Alexandria
Kom El Dikka (Roman Amphitheater)
Kom El Shuqqafa (The Catacombs)
The Citadel of Qaitbey
Bibliotheca Alexandria
Pompeii's Pillar (if you have time)

Cairo (There is so much to do you will get lots of feedback here. These are my favorite places.)
Pyramids of Giza
Memphis and Saqqara
Ibn Tulun Mosque
Mohammad Ali Mosque
The Aqsunqur (The Blue Mosque)
The Cairo Museum
Shopping at Khan El Kahlili

I hope this helps. Have fun!

by Court94403

Oh yeah, book hotels in advance.

by Capisco

Let me know exact time you will be in Alexandria I can guide you well in my city ;)
Thanks
Karim

Travel Tips for Pyramids of Giza

Giza General Background

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Giza or Gizah also sometimes rendered in English as Gizeh, is a city on the West bank of the Nile river, some 20 km southwest of central Cairo and now part of the greater Cairo metropolis. Its name is famous as the location of the Giza Plateau where the most impressive ancient monuments in the world, including the Great Sphinx, the Great Pyramid of Giza, and a number of other pyramids and temples are located.

Giza was part of the ancient city of Memphis, which was inhabited as early as the Second Dynasty. Now its is a suburb of the giant city of Cairo with 5-millions of inhabitants.

The modern city of Giza doesn’t look very pleasant: infinite high stores blocs of flats and dirty canals… But you are ready to forget it when you see the Pyramids!

The Pyramids, the Stars, and You

by sswagner

If you have an interest in both Astronomy and ancient civilizations, then Giza will certainly be fascinating. Back in the day, what we know as the belt of the Orion Constellation was thought to represent Osiris to the ancient Egyptians. Osiris was the god of death, and of course the pyramids were the resting places for three pharoahs open their deaths. The pyramids actually line up in the formation that the belt of Orion takes. This constellation with its belt of three bright stars is mainly thought of as a winter constellation, therefore it is more likely to be visible in those months. Combining two of my favorite interests, astronomy and history.

Take your time!

by balint01

You are probably only one time at the Pyramids in your life, so take your time!

Cairo is an interesting city, but the Pyramids are the Pyramids. So I suggest you to plan a whole day in the area, so that you can walk around, go inside, walk in between the Pyramids, or even take a camel ride (we skipped it as we believe it was too touristic over there, we would prefer to ride a camel in the real desert, but that's us...) Be sure to stop at different places for a few pictures, you will find different views as you go around! It is really interesting to see the top of the Pyramid of Chephren as it has a part of the original covering still in place.

Comments