Pyramids of Giza Hotels

Our Members Say

• ms.figen profile photo ms.figen
  • Reviews: 8

Sofitel Le Sphinx Hotel: Closest to the Pyramids

Wasn't a 5 star luxury one, but was satisfying by being clean, very nice customer service, and nice rich open buffet food and very close to the Pyramids one can go by walking without taking any taxi nor bus.

Any kind of activities exists

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Singles, Family Travel
  • Written June 1, 2008

• viddra profile photo viddra
  • Reviews: 1561

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Delta Pyramids: Close to Pyramids

This is a 4 - star hotel with rooms over looking the pyramids.

All rooms have A/C, mini fridge, satellite TV and a telephone.

There's a panorama restaurant on the top floor from where you can see the pyramids as well.

There's also a swimming pool on the top floor, a restaurant on the ground floor, where you can have your meals, shops...

• Written January 14, 2008

a view from the terrace

• Kuznetsov_Sergey profile photo Kuznetsov_Sergey
  • Reviews: 4807

“Delta Pyramids”: Hotel in the center of Giza

Our hotel “Delta Pyramids” was situated in several kilometers from the Giza Plateau. Though it was rather difficult to get there by foot, but the view of Pyramids from the window impressed me much when I came into the room and opened curtains. I lived on the third floor and the view from the window was rather good. But I think that from the tenth or twelfth floors the view is better.

The room has air condition and is convenient enough for one or two nights in Giza. The breakfast is included and quite delicious.

You may watch my VIDEO-Clip from my personal YouTube channel: 2 min 42 sec Egypt Giza Delta Pyramids Hotel 2007

You may watch my Delta Pyramids Hotel high resolution photos on Google Earth in Giza according to the following coordinates 29º 59' 28.75" N 31º 8' 14.76" E
or on my Google Earth Panoramio Photo 1, Photo 2, Hotel Delta Pyramids Zoom View out of a window.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 23, 2007

Giza - ���Delta Pyramids���

• fosbak profile photo fosbak
  • Reviews: 14

Mena House Oberoi: Fantastic

Stayed 3 nights July 2007. If this isn't the best hotel in Egypt it must be pretty darn close to the best.
Superb in every way. Our room was spotless; service - immediate attention to our every need; food very good; a view to rival anywhere in the world.

We had two garden rooms with pyramid view and they opened the link doors to make it like a suite for us. The rooms were large anyway. Whilst we were there they were completely renovating half the hotel wing and so it was masked off with a green mesh screen and workmen were working all the time we were there. We hardly noticed until the second day and it certainly didn't intrude into our stay - I only wish all workmen were so quiet.

This is the best - no even better.

A pyramid view filled the patio window - absolutely stunning.
Lovely cool swimming pool with lush gardens.
Fantastic Indian restaurant with live music and very good food (albeit a bit pricey [for Egypt] - 70 GBP for 4 people 3 courses and extras with drinks)
The building is an old palace converted into a hotel - we felt like royalty!

• Written August 6, 2007

• Childish profile photo Childish
  • Reviews: 412

Mena House

We arrive in the evening so the location of the pyramids just next to the hotel (or more precisely the location of the hotel just next the pyramids) wasn't so impressive. I stayed there for 3 nights, for a night in the beginning of my journey to Egypt and for the last nights there. So, I stayed at two different rooms. The first one was located in so called garden. Rooms with numbers 1xx to 4xx are there. Rooms with higher numbers are in the main building. The rooms interior is not as impressive as the lobby.

But of course, the main precious thing related to this hotel is its location. Having a cup of coffee in the morning and looking at the pyramids is not an everyday experience, or at least it is not to me. Also having a walk early in the morning, even jogging and golf playing must be very pleasant (I tried only the first one).
Secondly, Mena House hotel become itself a place of interest. It was build for Ismail Pasha (Khedive Ismail) initially as royal lodge and turned into a hotel for the opening of Suez Canal. It was named after the first pharaoh who united Upper and Low Egypt, Menes. We were told that Ismail Pasha especially asked the road to the hotel (hm, that must be Pyramids' Road) to built so that he to be able to look at Princess Eugene's décolleté :-) There is a monument of Ismail Pasha in the lobby. And you may buy a book about the hotel in your room.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written January 18, 2007

Egypt, Giza, Hotel Mena House

• dgines profile photo dgines
  • Reviews: 250

Egypt Holiday Travels Inn: Only for the Daring

Location, Location, Location

If you're willing to put up with somewhat substandard amenities and a door that doesn't lock this is the place for you...seriously, this is the best location to stay in Giza if you're all about location and convenience.

Gouda (the owner) has a roof top room and balcony that is just across the street from the sphinx and pyramids. Catch the laser light show from your room just after dusk and wake just before sunrise to catch a camel or horse to the Pyramids. Gouda will quote you a good price for both.

Gouda also has a souvenir shop on the first floor where you can buy papyrus art, knick knacks and local perfumes for a great price. Make sure you drive a hard bargain. Start at 15-25% of the marked price and negotiate your own bargain.

Location across the street from the Sphinx--check out the view from the hotel in this post.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written December 16, 2006

• ChrisP_UK profile photo ChrisP_UK
  • Reviews: 5

Le Meridian Pyramids: Le Meridian Pyramids

Stayed here for four nights, fantastic place, view of the pyramids from the pool, the restaurants serve very good food and the rooms are clean and well taken care of.
Certainly recommend it.

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Archeology, Historical Travel
  • Written September 23, 2006
Tip Photo

• dimseydomsey profile photo dimseydomsey
  • Reviews: 1

Le Meridian Pyramids: Le Meridian Pyramids

We have just come back from a 9 day trip to Egypt spending the first three days at Le Meridian Pyramids, it was excellent the service was superb the thrill of swimming in the pool whilst looking up at the pyramids was awe inspiring. The rooms were more than adequate not what i would call extremely luxurious but ample room for us and the kids to sleep on a sofa bed and the cleanliness was second to none.
If we were to go back but it is unlikely we will as it is very much a trip that you only do once we would without doubt do the same again - I am currently trying to persuade my parents to follow in our footsteps.

The hotel had an inhouse Hertz desk who organised a driver who became our new best friend for all our three day stay. For LE200 GBP20.00 he took us on a 6 hour tour up to the Pyramids and Sphinx stayed with us and fended of any unwanted locals and generally eased the whole experience, he waited while we ate, dropped us at the sound and light show and then took us to local shops for water etc. and insisted he came in with us so we had Egyptian not tourist prices. In his words "I do not like any Monkey business" and that he didn't. Top tip eat in the Pizza Hut by the Sphinx as tacky as it sounds it will go down as one of our all time favourite meals as the view of the sunsetting over the Pyramids and Sphinx could not have been better and the bill for a family of four was GBP11.00 inc starters drinks etc.
The next day he then took us into Cairo (LE25.00 GBP 25.00) to the Museum got us a good deal on a simple 1 hour boat ride, waited while we ate and I can recommend TGI friday's that is a moored boat - we were playing it safe as did no want to risk children's tummies. He then took us to a real locals shop where our 9 year old got a (be it Fake) Egyptian Football shirt for LE17.00 GBP 1.70 - he was delighted and have to say it is very nice. The overall Cairo/Giza exerpience has been stressfree and something we will without doubt never forget.
We then left Cairo on the third day as we planned to relax in Sharm El Sheikh for a further 6 days, he took us for LE1000 GBP100 (flying was over GBP450 for a family of four) it was a long 6 hour drive but again he was fantastic, the scenery was the same but at least we now feel we have seen Egypt not just the tourist areas.

• Related to: Desert, Historical Travel, Family Travel
  • Written April 7, 2006

View from pizza hut

• Janani profile photo Janani
  • Reviews: 176

Moevenpick Resort Cairo-Pyramids: Resort Hotel Near the Pyramids

This hotel is well located for visiting the Giza pyramids; I found it easy to walk from here to and around the site and when I visited, it also ran a courtesy bus into Cairo making it possible to visit the rest of the city's attractions (museums, bazaars etc.) although this did not run very frequently, so it may be necessary to use taxis or join a guided tour for sightseeing.

I loved the layout of the hotel; instead of the usual high rise building, all of the hotel's rooms were laid out, like rows of small cottages, in the gardens behind the building housing the reception and main offices, each one having its own terrace planted with bougainvillea, which made the perfect place to relax with a book or write postcards. Initially I was rather nervous that insects might crawl in under the door from outside but I have to say I didn't see a single one. I found the bed very comfortable and the bedroom and bathroom were kept beautifully clean throughout my stay despite the huge quantities of sand I seemed to pick up each day and shed each evening as I changed! A nice touch was the bowl of fresh fruit on the table (although I couldn't bring myself to eat the guava, as it made the room smell so lovely each time I arrived back!) There is a nice swimming pool and sunbathing area here, although I hadn't much time to use it, and a choice of good places to eat.

• Related to: Food and Dining, Spa and Resort, Archeology
  • Written October 25, 2005

• call_me_rhia profile photo call_me_rhia
  • Reviews: 4274

Mövenpick Resort Pyramids: glad we did not stay here...

We did not stay here... we just went by one evening to meet up with friends who were staying overnight. Definitely it was too expensive for us, and it was also far too much out of town.

The hall was lavish - it's the only way I can describe it. The garden seemed lavish, too - and with a lovely pool. When our friends showed us the rooms in the garden bungalows, however, we were much less impressed: really a normal room. The it was dinner time: everyone's on a tour, hence dinner was a buffet. Uninspiring!

• Related to: Archeology
  • Written March 14, 2005

inside the hall

• freya_heaven profile photo freya_heaven
  • Reviews: 1730

Anglo Swiss Hotel: Anglo Swiss Hotel

Rooms were large, we had a twin with en-suite, which was huge with a balcony. Basic and very clean with wonderful old, solid wooden furniture.

It was idealy, centrally situated, very close to the Egyptian Museum, & the Nile. Also easy access to the other attractions one would want to visit.

Best to phone ahead, apparently tour groups use it in the Anglo Swiss in the winter.

Very friendly staff, when we stayed at the Anglo Swiss. Said and Ali worked there, they could not have been more helpful or amusing (~_~)

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 3, 2004

Hotel Views

• aliante1981 profile photo aliante1981
  • Reviews: 1379

Sheraton Royal Gardens Hotel: Sheraton Royal Gardens Hotel - 2

However great my fascination with swimming pool was, I did not live or sleep in it:))) For that one has one’s own room.

Guest rooms also have all the usual amenities: individually controlled air conditioning, large, furnished balconies, private baths (which I find absolutely essential considering how hot it is - and I was there in August!) with both bath and shower and all the things that come with bathrooms in expensive hotels, satellite color TVs with all the main Western channels (BBC, CNN, ABC, Bloomberg, CNBC, Rai were some of those I noticed), radio, hair dryers, a mini bar, voice mail, safe deposit box and direct dial telephones with voice mail and data ports. You can also book a single room, a non-smoking room if those are your wishes.

The furniture is in classic European style, and all the rooms have views on the inside of the hotel.

• Written October 4, 2003

Guest room

• aliante1981 profile photo aliante1981
  • Reviews: 1379

Sheraton Royal Gardens Hotel: Sheraton Royal Gardens Hotel - 1

If you have ever wanted to travel to Egypt to see the world’s oldest monuments to civilization, but are not really keen on some of the aspects involved with such a trip, like you prefer western-style service, cuisine, and living-room - the hotel’s for you. Some people think it’s in Cairo, but it is so close to the Pyramids, that I decided to place it here. Certainly pricey, at 100 USD single per night the usual rate (you can get some relative bargains if you book over the Internet).

The Royal Gardens is not really a hotel for independent or budget travel, and it is too far from most sight seeing in Cairo, aside from the Pyramids to either walk, get a cheap taxi fare, and it is not serviced by public transport. But it is a perfect oasis of Western Europe where you can return after a trying day of sightseeing. At prices which would not bring you anywhere near such level of luxury in my home continent.

The whole of the hotel faces inwards, to a very pleasantly designed garden and swimming pool area and is actually built around a restored historical villa, the former residence of the late actor, Mr. Youssef Wahby "Bey", one of the founders of modern Egyptian Theater. Booking the hotel is worth even just for the swimming pool.

• Written October 4, 2003

The Swimming Pool

• DunaKal profile photo DunaKal
  • Reviews: 729

Mena House Oberoi Hotel: A Luxurious Hotel.

The Mena House Oberoi is a world famous hotel chain.
It is set on a 40 acres jasmine gardens.
Personaly I would not lodge at this Hotel unless you seek a relaxing vacation....it`s a bit far from downtown Cairo,and it`s away from all the action in greater Cairo,but it`s truely worth the visit.

It`s a five star hotel,so almost everything is a unique quality ;-)
check this site:

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Castles and Palaces
  • Written April 6, 2003

• SumTingWong profile photo SumTingWong
  • Reviews: 540

Mena House Oberoi: The Pyramids from your Balcony

A five star hotel located right by the Pyramids. The hotel is seperated from the growing city and is surrounded by luse gardens and palms. They have great rooms with balcomys looking out on the Great Pyramid. There is also a good restaurant and cafe, and a pool to cool down in at the end of the hot hot hot Egyption day.

Five star hotel, next to the pyramids, date palm gardens, pool, cafe, restaurant, and much more...

• Opinion of Price: most expensive