End of King Feisel Rd - Pyramids , Cairo, Egypt

kris-t's Profile Photo

A little better than 3* but not 4* yet

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 16, 2012

The room was big but not clean, filthy dirty actually, especially the bathroom.

Unique Quality: Delta pyramids hotel is the best area that you can see the pyramids.

The view from balcony is just fantastic!

Directions: Situated only three minutes drive from the Great Pyramids

topguyspb's Profile Photo

Hardly a 4 star hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 10, 2009

This hotel is rated as a 4-star one, but in reality it isn't. The only great thing about it is that it has an excellent view on the Pyramids of Giza and the rooms are quite big. All the rest is doubtfully good. I spent 11 nights there, and I can easliy spot the following:
1) Breakfast - ordinary, not much selection, and most of the food is not good.
2) Service - unhelpful. My room was not cleaned every day, the towels were not changed frequently enough, the carpeted floor was always dirty and dusty. Anyway the most INCREDIBLE thing was that my ipod player was stolen from my room while I was away in the city. It was very well hidden inside my clothes, which means that the cleaning boy was looking for valuables in the room. Of course I wrote a complaint and quarrelled with the personnel but nothing came out of it. And certainly I realize that it was my mistake to leave any valuable in a hotel in a country like Egypt.
3) If you have a room with a view on the Pyramids, then be prepared to listen to noises coming from the street 24 hours. My friend even bought earplugs to sleep better :)
4) If you plan to stay in this hotel for more than one night and go to the city later, be aware of constant traffic jams in this area. Sometimes it took me about an hour to get to the nearest metro station.
5) Room - on the plus side it was really big and had a view on the Pyramids. On the other hand it had very old furniture (from the 70s I guess), hot water was not always available, it was badly cleaned.
6) Swimming pool - located on the roof. Quite smalla and dirty. But maybe during hot months (I was there in January) it could be a good escape of the hottness.
7) Sport facilities - awful. Prehistoric gym (you have to pay for it!!!) and an ugly sauna (you have to pay as well)

topguyspb's Profile Photo

Far from being a 4 star hotel!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 9, 2009

1) Breakfast - ordinary, not much selection, and most of the food is not good.

Anyway despite the awful hotel my trip to Egypt was unforgettable and incedible!!! So don't get me wrong please, this note was about the hotel only!

Court94403's Profile Photo

The Best of the Worst?

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 19, 2008

This was my second visit to this hotel. On my first visit the staff was very nice. On my second visit with my husband, not so great. My husband paid the non-tourist price because he is Egyptian. However I paid the price of a tourist which was fine but, because we were not in their eyes married (we were in Cairo to file our marriage contract and get the legally stamped paperwork). We even showed the Manager, (Mr. Moustaffa) our legally drawn-up (by a lawyer) marriage contract. They made us stay in two separate rooms, and constantly had hotel staff watch us all over the hotel all hours of the day and night during our stay. They even woke me up at 7:30 am to make sure my husband was not in my room.

On our last evening at the hotel we were asked to leave by 2 p.m. supposedly because they over-booked the hotel and needed the extra rooms. We were offered a hotel down the street, for the last 8 hours of our stay in Cairo but we had to pay another 90.00 USD! On our way out of the hotel my clothes were handed to me in a plastic bag. (They lost my clothes earlier in the week when I had them sent to the laundry to be cleaned). Because my husband and I could only be seen together in public we spent many hours upstairs in the hotel cafe. We ordered snacks, sodas, lattes etc., and were charged for the on the spot, them, when we saw the credit card bill we were charged again! Most days the staff tried to be "nice" but actually were a little condescending.

The manager himself even made a little nasty remark about the hotel they were sending us to,"The hotel you are going to is a four star hotel HA HA HA". Everyone at the front desk seemed to enjoy his little joke. There are plenty of other wonderful hotels where the staff is friendly and courteous. Please don't ever stay here!

Unique Quality: The nicest thing I can say about this hotel is that it has an outstanding view of the Pyramids on the very top floor.

by written on September 12, 2002

Delta Pyramids Hotel

Unique Quality: First and foremost - you'll enjoy the splendid panoramic view of the pyramids (see the picture). There is a pool on the roof, but it is very small. Certainly the hotel offers central air condition. Only one problem - it takes long to wait for the elevator.

Nearby Delta Pyramids Hotel

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool
  • Room Service

Cairo Travel Forum

Need advice about Cairo, Egypt? Visit the Travel Forum for Cairo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cairo hotel reviews