Hotel Amarante Pyramids

Expedia.com Hotel Website Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 80% less but rated 22% lower than other 5 star hotels

• NEVER AGAIN, Left after 10 minutes

i used to love this place when it was run by sheraton, went there for a relaxing weekend and left after 10 minutes, service terrible, staff rude and loud, refused to give me the room i booked and when i tried to complain the reception manager shouted at me and told me he can cancel my reservation and deny me stay there, then when i took another room, the air condition was broken and it was 43c outside so it was horribly hot and humid, found dead insects by the window, the room was dirty, the bathroom smelled and the fixtures were stained and yellow, no one offered to carry my bags, couldnt find a valet to park my car and had to park it in another street, and when i left i forgot my black berry charger and when i asked for it back they said it wasn't there. never again will i go to this place, and i went to the marriott instead, costs more by worth it, atleast you deal with professional staff and get a clean room, Amarante gets terrible reviews obviously for a reason and they don't care enough to fix this.

• darlene&mauri's Profile Photo

Relaxing and Quiet Place to Stay

It was a very pleasant experience for us to stay in this hotel....

It was located in a very mysterious place..Somebody told us that this hotel was a guesthouse of one very famous actor and that is why it was located in somehow hidden area of cairo... If you are hiding from the so-called paparazzi..then this is the best place....

Staff were all good!!! Foods (MAMMA MIA) are excellent!!

Unique Quality: It has a very nice pool in the middle of the hotel..very nice place to relax and have a refreshing strawberry/banana shake!!!! you'll love it!!!!

• CEP1863's Profile Photo

No Room at the Hotel Despite Reservations!

Booked hotel well in advance through Sheraton web-site. Also e.mailed hotel separately as I was ariving late. When I arrived I was one of many with no room. After much hassle I had the duty managers room for the night which I had to be out of before 8.00am. I was promised that my room would be ready when I returned from my days sightseeing. When I returned - guess what - still no room. Eventually a couple of hours later saw me in a clean but basic room which was incredibly noisy at night. On my return home I complained to the Sheraton group. My complaint was speedily dealt with and I received a full refund. Would I recommend this hotel - NO - apparently overbooking is a common problem here.

Unique Quality: Lovely pool to relax by. Good choice of restaurants including Sushi.

Directions: Off main pyramids road. Street is basically a residential street with this hotel at the end.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Sheraton Royal Gardens

During our brief stay in Cairo we stayed at the Sheraton Royal Gardens.

It was conveniently located close-ish to the Pyramids and the Egyptian Museum.

Classed as a five star hotel, it was quite nice, but not "five star" by western hotel standards. There was a nice looking resort-style pool area and a few different restaurants to choose from.

However, our room was a bit shabby, and the bathroom appeared to be in mid-renovation. Though that said, it was perfectly adequate for our needs....and a whole lot nicer than many places we have stayed before.

We ate breakfast one day and lunch on another day in the 'Pyramids Cafe' at the hotel. It was buffet style, and offered a pretty good choice to keep all diners happy.

Unique Quality: The hotel is not in walking distance of any of the attractions, and most people that stay here are on organised tours, like we were.

reservationsroyalgardensegypt@sheraton.com

Directions: 25 kms from Cairo airport

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

Wonderful Place to stay in Cairo!

Our stay was wonderful! The room was a corner room with a wonderful view and a large balcony and it was spacious with a large, luxurious bathroom. I LOVED the bathtub... it was perfect for those who enjoy baths. =) The breakfast had a nice variety of items in a pretty atmosphere of tables and excellent service. We ate at the Sushi bar one evening and there were several other restaurants in the hotel. There was also a casino that my fiance really enjoyed. The gift shops (other than the jewelry shop) didn't have a great selection of items. Oh, and hopefully you can book this as part of a package tour, because I know we didn't pay anything close to the listed cost of the hotel! (We toured through friendlyplanet.com.)

Unique Quality: Awesome view of the Nile and the city from most of the rooms. Check my main pages for pictures of our view from the balcony. Great, convenient business center to check email with a view of the Nile (but you could find an internet cafe for much cheaper... it was 30 Egyptian Pounds for 15 mins and you could probably get at least 30 mins for 15 Egyptian pounds at a cafe). The jewelry shop actually had good prices on the popular cartouche souvenirs (pendant with your name written in hieroglyphics) and were able to get ours made in just a few hours. I paid only about $40 for the gold pendants (and they were good quality) and we saw them for $80 in a store in town.

Directions: West bank of the River Nile, within walking distance of the Opera House, the world famous Egyptian Museum, the city's shopping district, business centers and major government ministries

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Gambling in the Heart of Cairo

During Sarah and I's trip to Egypt, we spent a couple nights in Cairo at the Sheraton. It was a very nice welcome to Egypt, and I must say this was up to Sheraton's standards. This hotel has a very convienent location for activities in downtown Cairo, and it is a bus or cab ride away from the pyramids in Giza. The bed was nice, the restaurant for breakfast served great food, and the hotel casino was the icing on the cake.

Unique Quality: The casino here definitely made this hotel a unique place to stay. The hotel will not allow Egyptian citizens to play in this casino, so it really is just for visitors and hotel guests. The players were quite unique, as they came from all over the world. I sat next to a Saudi, a Jordanian, a Canadian, and a Dutch gentelman all at the same table!

• Focker's Profile Photo

Beautiful hotel

When traveling in Egypt I suggest to check out some of the big name (fancy hotels) as they are much cheaper than you may think. We stayed in the sheraton in Cairo and only paid 50 dollars a night and lived in luxory. I have never stayed in a sheraton before and will probably never again as it is very pricy but in egypt 5star is cheaper than budget in most European countries. We were backing and managed to stay 5 star all the way in Egypt and I must say it was well worth it and a neede brake from the european hostels and budget hotels. The Sheraton royal garden was the probably the best of the 5stars we stayed in, it is located in downtown Cario only about 10 minutes from the giza pyramids and is loaded with a awesome swimming pool bar and 3 restraunts. We met a older canadian couple there who had booked ahead and only paid 35 dollars a night which is a steal.

• Roggeveen's Profile Photo

Very comfortable hotel for a bargain

There are many services in the hotel. Several different restaurants; Chinese, Japanese, Mexican and Lebanese.
    Also an internet room, pool, bar.
    There are large comfortable rooms. Service is fine.

Unique Quality: Only disadvantage is that the Hotel is not on walking distance from one of the tourist attractions. But now you are able to shop among the Egyptions, because a large shopping street is just around the corner.

Taxis are always waiting to bring you to your destination at reasonable prices.

I booked this hotel in March through a national tour operator (Kras). It was extremely cheap in this period..

Comments