Ring Road, Mirage City, Cairo, Egypt

Hotels.com Expedia.com JWMarriott.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• roanitamaca's Profile Photo

Excelent

Was very, very good. The people was very atenciously and nice.
    The room was explendid and all nigths they give me a chocolat :D

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

Great gate a way

I took my kids for couple of days to escape cairo`s busy life to this hotel.
    it`s located out of town,a bit far if you are willing to do sigh seeing,but great choice if you saw everything in cairo and want to relax a bit.

The rate was a lot better than most five star hotels in cairo,we payed 90 USD$ per night for a double bedroom.

Unique Quality: There are 3 large swimming pools,one with artificial waves (has also sandy beach)and one with slides and water fountains...my kids just loved it...i had to drag them out of the pool by sun set.

sea food buffet opens from 7 til 11....great food I must add.

• jw marriott

i stayed i n the JW 4 days . my stay was very good and ime and my family enjoied it very much.the room was very clean and unique.The bed was unbelievebly nice.The hotel in general was very nice and chique. But there was a very big problem.And this problem was that the service was not good at all.The people who work there are a little bit rood.

Unique Quality: The pool was so much fun and very clean.the view is very good because of the gardens and flowers. The restaurants are great .There are many nice restaurants which satisfie all tastes.

• johnaalex's Profile Photo

Service could be better!

This hotel should not be confused with the Marriott in downtown Cairo – from our experience this can happen when getting a local taxi!
    Situated on the outskirts of this city, this resort style hotel is great place to relax by the pool or man made beach complete with wave machine to imitate being by the seaside. The golf course and club house are also popular with guests Cairo residents alike.
    As one would expect from a JW Marriott the rooms are comfortable and well equipped. There are a number of restaurants and this is where we had problems. The main coffee shop, Mirage Café, provides a range of “international fare” and buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The lunch and dinner buffets do change on a daily basis and are good value for money. The JW Steakhouse was an out and out disgrace and we did not pay for what was a very substandard meal (meat was very tough) with service to match. The Italian restaurant, Cucina, was OK (but not up to the similar eatery in the JW Marriott on Phuket). However the meals in both the steak house and the Italian were spoilt due to the lack of any reasonably priced imported wine (trouble with the supplier we were told).
    The Golf Club house is open to hotel guests and they serve typical bar food (chicken wings , burgers etc) and they do show English Premier League matches and other televised sporting events. I had the wings and had an upset stomach afterwards.
    Service in the hotel is friendly enough, but could be more efficient. Indeed one of the lasting impressions is of a very nice hotel but the staff and management could do better.
    The Executive Lounge was average. They serve a reasonable breakfast with eggs cooked to order (the omelettes were just about OK). In the evening the hot snacks were quite nice with a complimentary bar serving Egyptian wine, cheap spirits that could be better and local beer which was about the best option.

More about JW Marriott Hotel Cairo

disappointing event

by chmeni about Marriott Cairo & Omar Khayyam Casino

Date: October 12, 2007

We have just returned from a week at Egypt. We stayed at Marriott for 4 nights; the first 3 nights and the last one.
What make this hotel unique are the stunning public places.
Rooms:
We had a room at the 15th floor looking the Nile. The rooms are clean and spacious with a sense of luxury. Great bed – great pillows.
Food:
The breakfast is very good, is buffet with many – many choices. From the restaurants we tried the Egyptians Nights, the Steakhouse and the Garden Café. All was excellent.
Service: poor to ok.

And here comes my dilemma. I want to recommend the hotel but I had a very bad and very disappointing experience. The 4th day we check out at 3:00am. The same day I open my suitcase in the cruise boat and I realize I forgot 2 dresses at the Marriott. We called and they said they didn’t find anything. The last day of our trip we stayed again at the Marriott and when I spoke to the manager on duty he told me that I don’t remember well and I didn’t bring the dresses with me and that he is very sure for his staff. His attitude was horrible!!! All I know is that someone stole my clothes!!! This is not a small unknown hotel. This a Marriott hotel and the guests should feel safe in there.

So, I do not recommend this hotel. You can find other beautiful hotels in Cairo. Just go there for a coffee to see the former palace. great view, interesting public places.

Good hotel in Zamalek, Cairo

by Traveller_GT about Marriott Hotel

Service was very good, prices were reasonable considering what you are getting, and in a nice neighborhood

Cairo Marriott Palace, built...

by behappy

Cairo Marriott Palace, built as it is around a magnificent royal residence that was constructed, and with no expense spared, on the orders of the Khedive Ismail, to mark the opening of the Suez Canal, in 1869. Elegantly detailed and lovingly restored, its antique-adorned interior forms the core of a grand hotel which marries traditional grace with the contemporary panache of dramatic twin towers offering the finest of modern accomodations. The setting is fittingly grand--amid six acres of lush and tranquil gardens on an island of the mighty river Nile, at the very heart of Cairo. The Cairo Marriott Hotel & Casino brings a whole new dimension to the art of good living; 12 high speed lift whisks guests to the cosseting comfort of 1,250 luxury rooms, including executive and corporate suites, in addition to seven presidential suites--all tastefully furnished and equipped to the most demanding international standards. On-site Restaurant
24-hour room service
Concierge services
Gift shop/newsstand
Full business center
Secretarial services available
Safe deposit box at front desk
Rental car desk: Available/budget desk
Airline desk: Available/egypt travel

Cairo in 2 days or less.....

by tabolitz

I plan to travel to Cairo on my 2 days off. With my limited time, I want to hit the most important parts in Cairo and Giza. While I was in Dubai for 2 days I did a 1 day tour of the city with a amatuer tour guide. He took me to the hotspots that I wanted to see, took me back to my hotel and paid him with the price agreed and tip including meals.

Is there such a thing I can do as I did in Dubai? Just want to see downtown Cairo, The Museum and the Bazaar. In Giza just want to see and take pixs of the pyramids. I guees 2 days is enough.

Also, can I get a visa at the airport? I am a U.S. citizen working in the Middle East. All inputs will be highly appreciated and will post my experience. I will travel next month or in June.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Cairo in 2 days or less.....

by ter1413

You can get a visa at the airport.
Also, if you are looking to do those basic things, you cans def get that done in 2 days. I saw the Giza Pyramids, Sphinx and museum in 1 day. I got a cab outside of my hotel(Cairo marriott) and used him for the entire time that I was there. We paid him at the end of every day. He would drop us off at various locations and wait for us to come out and then took us to the next location. He took us to local places for dinner and also great locations to take pictures of the step pyramids. Very do-able in 2 days....if that is what you are looking to do.

Re: Cairo in 2 days or less.....

by timwallick

Two days you can be very busy!But its well worth the effort, the visa will only take a few minutes to obtain at the airport.The bazaar is mostly a tourist trap if you wish to puchase any items you would be better served visiting another part of cairo (after your trip around the bazaar and pyramids).

Comments