4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 50% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• obcbreeze's Profile Photo

Beautiful Hotel in beautiful location

What can you say when view from your hotel window is the Pyramids, simply stunning

Unique Quality: Location, it's one of the main things you come to Cairo to see.

• Robberies at Le Meridien Pyramids

One of my personal belongings was stolen in this hotel.
    My suitcase was obviously open and my headset stolen.
    There was a safe in the bedroom, but too small to contain all my valuable items (camera, etc).
    The hotel declined to reimburse.
    Well, if you go there, you'll know it will be at your own risks !

Unique Quality: Good location close to the Pyramids

• nialovesgreen's Profile Photo

le meridien el haram

i stayed here in oct 06, i didn't pick this hotel particularly i only stayed here as my dad was living at the hotel whilst working in cairo. great location for pyramids and sphinx can see them from pool and room. treated very well by staff whether this was due to my dad living there for last 8 months i don't know, don't think so! pool great, breakfast great esp the custom made omlettes and fresh pineapple juice. i left several pounds sterling and us dollars in bedside drawer over several days and it never went missing. didn't eat at hotel really except for lentil soup at lunch v nice. there is a good felfela stand just up the road v v cheap and nice.

• jeanemm's Profile Photo

A Great Hotel

We have stayed at Le Meridien Pyramids 5 or 6 times it is a wonderful Hotel the food is great and the rooms are lovely There is one big pool but it is in sections and the pool bar is great.
    The service is good and the staff are very nice. You can hire a car and Driver from the Hotel Reception this is very good value for money. Tell them what you want to see and they will tell you how much.

Unique Quality: Flamingo's at the front of the Hotel

• watch your bill!

This was a very beautiful hotel I enjoyed my stay, be very careful when ordering or adding anything to your bill. I was SHOCKED at how much extra my bill was be very careful. They added on surprise costs. It's best to pay as you go rather then add room service or anything onto your room tab.

Unique Quality: The rooms were amazing, the service was great I loved this hotel until I got my bill :)

• Crowe's Profile Photo

Le Meridien Pyramids

I found this to be a nice hotel, food was good, facilities good, pricing good and location excellent for pyramids.

We were upgraded to a suite on arrival which was very roomy. I am a light sleeper and one one night I woke up a few times due to the traffic outside the hotel. The view was worth it very enjoyable.

Location:
    Quite a long journey from Cairo airport due to traffic. If the pyramids is the main focus for your stay then i would not recommend staying in the city centre the traffic is really bad. I would stay close to Giza.

15minutes to walk to the pyramids if you enjoy dodging hawks and crazy drivers. 10 minute taxi ride to the entrance next to Khufu's pyramid.

30 minutes taxi to The cairo Museum.

Excellent if you want to vist Saqqara, Memphis, Dashur as you are on the right side of the city.

Restaurants in hotel: Italian (never went), Lebanese/Middle eastern Food (good), Mexican (good), Cafe (mainly sandwiches&cakes so not very interesting, coffee good though), French (buffet breakfast is good, no idea about the set menu).

The hotel is very popular with egyptian weddings. The foyer was very loud but i thought that was brill for people watching. I stayed on the 5th floor and couldnt hear the celebration noise (drums etc).

Overall people friendy, good value and location excellent. I would recommend.

One tip though. Go outside the hotel for a taxi (30 yards). The drivers have to pay a kick-back to the concierge if they enter the premises which will increase the price of the fair.

• black-saturn's Profile Photo

Iron out a few wrinkles and it would be great

I stayed there with two young children for 1 week in December 2006. The selling point of the hotel is that it is in walking distance of the pyramids. When you get there they insist it is too far to walk. It takes about 40 minutes to walk there but you are constantly being bothered by hawkers and beggers. On checking in at 1am we were really tired but the baggage handler insisted on showing us absolutely everything in our room even down to how to flush the loo and switch the lights on!! I ordered a wake up call for 4am the day we left as we had to get an early flight and we never got the wake up call. Luckily we had an alarm clock too otherwise we might have missed the flight. Having said all that I would recommend it to others.

Unique Quality: Great views of the pyramids if you pay extra for it. Lovely view of a chicken factory if you don't.

• Dick33's Profile Photo

Only lunch

I wasn't sure weather to put this in the hotel part or restaurant because we didn't stay here we only ate lunch but it was beautiful the public rooms are like a palace and lunch was fantastic.
    The whole place was spotlessly clean and the staff were lovely.

Unique Quality: Huge palatial public rooms

• Homanded's Profile Photo

Wonderful views, convinient for pyramids

Our initiation to Egypt was the Meridien Pyramids hotel.
    Having done our research, and based on past recomendations on VT and similar sights, we settled on this hotel.
    Our initial impression was that of hecticness and frazzled disorganization. This was mainly due to the amount of tourists that frequent this hotel. With several tour buses full of tourist arrivals, several people being checked in and the waiting area practically full, orders were being "barked" at throughout the space. Each tour operator with his/her charges being ushered this way or that, passports being shuffled back and forth, orders of "sign here, fill this, give me that..." for at least an hour of crazy crazy confusion.

It would be fair to say that we had just returned from a fabulous 8 days in Kenya where life is at a much quieter pace, however, by any standards, it all seemed very hurried and shuffled - almost like cattle being processed. (In fact, one British couple we met, and belonging to another group, referred to the moment as exactly that!).

We needen't have worried, in the end, they had full control of the situation and, as all others throughout the lobby, all at once it seemed, we were ushered by our own bellhop to our respective rooms.

Unique Quality: Upon entering the spacious lobby (if you are not arriving in large groups as many seem to do), you're immediately struck by the spaciousness, the luxury and the grandeur of it all. Egypt, as a whole it seems, is into marble, gold, glitz and crystal. If you've ever been in a Las Vegas hotel, you'll have a mental picture of what I'm talking about.

At the end of the lobby, there's a quiet little raised bar area where you can sit down to relax and enjoy some coffee or drinks , safely enjoying the confusion that goes on during check in.
    This leads down to the pool area which is stunning and offers great pyramid views to enjoy while sunbathing, smoking shisha or having a drink.

Rooms are very comfortable! Large beds, wonderful bedding, beautiful roomy balconies with pyramid views (if you spring the extra couple bucks for one) and typical ammenities such as Cable TV, A/C, fridge, complementary bottled water (2 per room), etc.

The bathrooms are spacious, with huge tubs/shower combinations, toilet and bidets.
    Towels are large, soft and highly absorbent, something that seems petty but, that I watch for when staying in a hotel. Hate them paper towel thin towels you are sometimes stuck with!

If you do get a pyramid view room, try for an upper floor, otherwise, as in the case of a member traveling in our party, a palm tree is liable to obscure the view.
    This makes for great sunset viewing and early morning views! You can quietly sit on your balcony with a glass of wine in the evening or cup of coffee in the early dawn watching the Giza Plateau!

Breakfast was wonderful and provided as part of the rental package. Egg station, cereal station, plenty of fresh fruits, juices as well as Egyptian fare.
    Overall, we enjoyed our stay here. We'd happily recomend this hotel to future guests/clients.

• irishwheeler's Profile Photo

Wheelchair friendly hotel

An absolute luxurious hotels, with views that have to be seen to be believed. Treat yourself!
    www.notgoingquietly.com

Unique Quality: Wheelchair friendly rooms and bathroom/shower. The rooms are huge with the double bed just at chair level. Ramps everywhere, and the staff are very helpful.

• irishwheeler's Profile Photo

Wheelchair friendly hotel

www.notgoingquietly.com

• daryll's Profile Photo

Best Value With Pyramid View

Great Points .

Le Meridien was my choice because of the location just a short walk to the Pyramids. To my expectation is only a 4 star hotel, but has everything under one roof. If you on a low budget, this hotel recommended if you want to have room with a view of Pyramids.

Great place to stay, only a short walk to felfela restaurant, VT members often recommend this restaurant.

I expected to have a normal room as I didnt want to pay extra for the view of the pyramids in fact I didnt spent much time in the room but sightseeing...

Unique Quality: Pool is fantastic, great view of pyramids in the morning. Money changer (if you running of cash), cash machine, souvenir shops (in case you dont have enough of time to buy or no dare to haggle at bazaar, bar with great singers, and great entertainment.

They often have wedding reception in hotel especially week days, so if you like to see how the egyptian wedding held, do pop by.

Breakfast wasnt to my expectation, however they do serve Falafel (in the morning?) lots of bakery but dont expect bacon.

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

~ My Favourite Hotel In Cairo ~

I have stayed at this hotel 5 times now & it is by far the best hotel ive been to. The service is great from all the staff, it feels like im being welcommed home when i arrive here. All the other tourists stare & wonder why all the staf are welcomming me so much. Which feels great.

The reception area looks absolutely gorgeous, its got stunning marble floors all round, nice comfy sofas & chandeliers hanging throughout & you can help yourself to this juice which tastes lovely, i forget the Egyptian name for it, Its like walking into a palace for sure!

There are many places to eat here at Le Meridien Pyramids, my favourite is the Shisha Cafe,It has some lovely paintings around the room, cushions scattered allover the floor so you can chill out & relax & small tables around, they serve some gorgeous food & also light snacks if you just fancy a late night treat, plus the Shisha they serve here is the best.... make sure you give Mohammed a good tip at the end, thats the shy young man in the white gown who serves the Shisha.

Also the Nubian Village is great for a night out, they play live music each night & you can sit and enjoy a drink or eat there, we went there one night because it was my Egyptian friends Birthday. The Nubian dancers play live music & dance all night so we decided to join in for a laugh, it was a great night, all the people at the hotel were passing by, watching us & joining in which was a great laugh. I was sooo tired by the end of it all.

Unique Quality: One of the reasons i love this hotel so much is the great view from your room, when booking this hotel make sure you book a Pyramid View room.... they are well worth the extra cash. The views are outstanding & great for some holiday snaps.

I also love the swimming pools at this hotel, there are about six in total all ajoining & they look stunning at night when lit up, there is also a swim up bar which is really nice & there are shallow ends for the children too. The waiter service is great too, they will come round regularly when you are sunbathing to see if you would like anything to drink.

The rooms at the hotel are spotless cannot fault them whatsoever, they are cleaned daily & the maids even leave you fresh dressing gowns & slippers each morning which i thought was really nice. I even got sent some flowers on one of my stays to welcome me back.

• siso010's Profile Photo

5 Stars Hotels in Cairo.!-=Part 2=-

Hotel Name: Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel
    Address: Cairo/Alex Desert Road.
    Tel: 02023830383

Double: 240$
    Lunch: 90L.E
    Dinner: 100L.E

Hotel Name: Nile Hilton Hotel
    Address: Corniche El nil St.--Tahrir Square.
    Tel: 02025780444

Single: 260$
    Double: 300$
    Lunch: 75L.E

• cazz38's Profile Photo

FANTASTIC VIEWS OF THE PYRAMIDS.

The Meridien hotel is in a fantastic place for sightseeing,its within walking distance to the Giza Pyramids and only 15 minutes from the town center.There are 156 rooms at this hotel and all are furnished with beautiful Egyptian ornaments and art work.Many of the rooms and the restaurant have fantastic views overlooking the Pyramids.There is a lovely swimming pool floodlit tennis courts and a health club.

Directions: 15 minutes from the town center.

More about Le Meridien Pyramids

Me in Le Meridien Pyramids Shisha Corner, CairoMe in Le Meridien Pyramids Shisha Corner, Cairo

Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel

by gatekeeperdi

Hi there,

I have heard that there is a lot of renovation work being carried out at Le Meridien Pyramids hotel at Giza. My hubby and I are due to stay there in September but we don`t want the hotel to be as noisy as downtown Cairo, so I`m trying to find out from people who know the real situation so that we can alter our booking now if it needs to be done.
I heard about the work there here:

Any advice or comments about this would be really helpful.

Thanks, Di
Gateway To Ancient Egypt

RE: Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel

by siso010

Well
Le Meidien is a very good hotel it is not noisy as cairo's downtown hotel.
its located on Shooting square front of the Pyramids.
from the balaconi of your room you will see the pyramids its a great view.
The point is Le-Meridien is TOOOO LUXURY hotel,I dont know how much does it cost to stay there but for sure its too expensive if compared with other hotels.
Hope that helps
./Siso

RE: RE: Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel

by romrai

Just came back. I stayed from the 2nd to the 7th. Didn't know about any renovation work, because we didn't see any. The hotel was very nice. If I went back though, I would stay downtown. It was nice to wake up looking at the pyramids, but it really is out of the way. Must take a 1/2 hour taxi into town. I like walking out of the hotel and just walking and looking.... there really isn't much around there. 40 pounds is a regular rate into Cairo. 65 if you get the hotel taxi. We hired a driver for 200 for the day. Good resturant near hotel is Falfela...very cheap

Comments