4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Expedia.com Orbitz.com LeMeridien.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 52% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Nice, but not again

The hotel was good: view of the Pyramids from our room; helpful pool staff; decent restaurants.

Here's the but:

- we tried walking around the local area, but were instantly mobbed by taxi drivers, perfume shop owners and everyone else who saw us as walking £ signs. (was in August though).

- perhaps should have opted for somewhere closer to the centre of Cairo. This hotel is in Giza, great for the Pyramids, but not much else.

- lift boy's attitude to my girlfriend left a lot to be desired.

Unique Quality: Pool, with pool-bar you can swim up to.

Great views.

Great service for the cost (£25 each per night for 5*)

• Weener's Profile Photo

5 star Hotel

This is the first time I have stayed in a 5 star hotel. I thought for the price, which is probably the cheapest Ive ever seen anywhere in the world .. why not! (at the time of writing, USD 60 a night for room only)

Probably wouldnt go for a 5 * again in Cairo, as although great location, constantly getting asked for money for everything!

Unique Quality: Pool view of the Pyramids

• Beograd's Profile Photo

A View on Pyramids

This hotel is placed in Gizah and is one the most beautiful hotels in Cairo, but also one of the most expencive!

Unique Quality: You can enjoy one their bars, of which one is placed in the large swimming pool, or one of the restaurants there...

• paradisedreamer's Profile Photo

Meridien Pyramids

The hotel is everything that you would expect form a 5 star hotel. There are all sorts of ameneties th emost important being internet access! The rooms are spacious however the bathrooms were in need of redecoration. I believe they were beginning this when we were there.

Unique Quality: The view from our room over the pool and the pyramids beyond was fantastic. The pool area is lovely with a swim up pool bar. To the one side there is a nubian tent where you can have a drink and smoke a shisha while sitting on cushions on the floor.

There are more pics and info in my travelogue

• Beograd's Profile Photo

Want Something More Exclusive?

It's placed in Gizeh and has a view on Pyramids. It's an exclusive hotel, but away from the centre. It might take you a while to get to the centre. But don't worry! Taxi is very cheap in Cairo, just be careful not to get scammed. Always talk over the price before starting your ride.

I'll be marking this hotel based on what my friends who stayed there told me about it. This is not my experience, but I can recomand it judging on their oppinion.

Directions: Gizeh

More about Le Meridien Pyramids

Me in Le Meridien Pyramids Shisha Corner, CairoMe in Le Meridien Pyramids Shisha Corner, Cairo

Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel

by gatekeeperdi

Hi there,

I have heard that there is a lot of renovation work being carried out at Le Meridien Pyramids hotel at Giza. My hubby and I are due to stay there in September but we don`t want the hotel to be as noisy as downtown Cairo, so I`m trying to find out from people who know the real situation so that we can alter our booking now if it needs to be done.
I heard about the work there here:

Any advice or comments about this would be really helpful.

Thanks, Di
Gateway To Ancient Egypt

RE: Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel

by siso010

Well
Le Meidien is a very good hotel it is not noisy as cairo's downtown hotel.
its located on Shooting square front of the Pyramids.
from the balaconi of your room you will see the pyramids its a great view.
The point is Le-Meridien is TOOOO LUXURY hotel,I dont know how much does it cost to stay there but for sure its too expensive if compared with other hotels.
Hope that helps
./Siso

RE: RE: Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel

by romrai

Just came back. I stayed from the 2nd to the 7th. Didn't know about any renovation work, because we didn't see any. The hotel was very nice. If I went back though, I would stay downtown. It was nice to wake up looking at the pyramids, but it really is out of the way. Must take a 1/2 hour taxi into town. I like walking out of the hotel and just walking and looking.... there really isn't much around there. 40 pounds is a regular rate into Cairo. 65 if you get the hotel taxi. We hired a driver for 200 for the day. Good resturant near hotel is Falfela...very cheap

Comments