Let Me Inn

19 Adly, Cairo, Egypt

• jenjenla's Profile Photo

Hostel

I have mixed feelings about this hostel. We spent about ten days here until we were unceremoniously kicked out. Up until our ejection, we loved it here. Tread carefully if you are a mixed sex group. Some hostels in Cairo seem to care less about male/female room sharing, but some are much more conservative. Let Me Inn falls into this category. The unfortunate part of the whole situation was that we were not told why we had to leave, simply that the hostel was full and they had no room for us. Suspicious, I called later in the day using a different name and was told that they had vacancies. I understand why I was told to leave, and I won't argue about it, I honestly just wish that they had been honest with me.
    That being said, there were quite a few travelers who had spent weeks in this hostel with no problems, and no intentions of leaving. The common room is great for socializing, the rooms are clean, the bathroom (the girls at least) is huge and well maintained. There is a communal computer with internet that is free, and the lovely women who work during the day will serve you the free breakfast no matter what time you wake up. Hostel breakfasts in the Middle East are pretty standard, of the assortment I've sampled, this one was undoubtedly the best.
    Of the two men who run the hostel the larger is not very nice, I tried to avoid him, and the skinny one, who is very pleasant and helpful, did on occasion try to invite female guests into his room. You would be hard pressed to find a hostel where the male employees don't hit on the female guests, it just irks me more in this instance because of the double standard.

Directions: Downtown on Adly, across from the synagogue