Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers And Casino

See Popular Hotels

Tags

Business Travel Seniors Historical Travel
See Amenities

Fabulous hotel, fabulous location!

by written on November 14, 2008

My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel in June 2008 and were delighted with our stay. The hotel is located on the banks of the Nile, affording guests unparalled views. The lobby is opulent and comfortable. We booked a room on the Club Floor, which allowed us priority check-in and access to a private lounge, as well as a complementary welcome drink. Our room was located in the recently renovated in the Nefertiti Tower (which I requested when booking our reservation). The room itself was beautiful and spacious, with a large balcony overlooking the Nile and the pool. The Club Floor also has butler service, which was wonderful.

We enjoyed our meals from room service and from the hotel's Japanese restaurant, as well as the selection in the mini bar. My boyfriend also enjoyed gaming in the casino. My only complaint would be that, in order to access the internet, one needs to purchase a daily card from the lobby.

The staff was dedicated to our needs and was friendly and efficient. I would feel very comfortable recommending this hotel to family and friends and look forward to my next stay at the Sheraton Cairo.

Unique Quality: The Sheraton Cairo is located on the banks of the Nile, which offers spectacular views. Although we didn't use the pool, it looked beautiful, if a bit small.

seasonedveteran's Profile Photo

My Top Hotel Undoubtably

by written on April 21, 2008

OMG! This hotel rocks! Like any other Sheraton I would expect a lavish room, illustrious bathroom, flatscreen, and immaculate room, but this hotel offered so much more. First of all, the Sheraton is a oasis in a world of chaos that is Cairo. So it took a lot of motivation to make me leave the wonderful security of the hotel to see the sights. and it is security: One time my taxi arrived at the hotel, and i handed the driver the money, walked away. He started shouting, and as i walked towards the hotel, a hotel guard asked me if everything was okay. I simply shrugged acting cool. :)

The Staff is extremely friendly, from the time you check-in, while you are asking the concierge about the sites, the cleaning lady and man, and restaurant staff, from the time you check out. The staff is uttlerly satisfied to meet your needs. I asked the concierge about every little detail and worry, and they even booked the Mariott Boat curise "Nile Maxim" for me! The Cleaning lady asked me where i was from, and i really liked that.

The hotel had 4 or 5 restaurants of top quality! I recommend the breakfast continental breakfast on the bottom floor level. Then in the tea gardens, have a lazy and elegant lunch among Saudi dignitaries, trust fund babies and ritz carlton folk basking in the golden glow of the thousand crystal chandelier. Relax in the outdoor courtyard swimming pool or listen to the Adhan blasting from all corners beautifully with passion through the mysterious nooks and crannies of the City of Cairo and lovely Nile river from your highrise riverside balcony view, smoke shisha in the lobby cafe for a while and this is what i call vacation.

Time for the main event. Head to the top floor in the late evening hours for a late dinner at Casablanca. The must pay a minimum of 190 LE, BUT that not only goes towards you dinner, but also for the wonderful belly dancing and live drums show! You are sure to be dazzled by the full percussion band, authentic algerians smacking those drums with such a force I have NEVER seen before, and playing their hearts out harmoniously. As well as a live arabic singer there, singing to the belly dancer, who was outstanding! top-shape dancers here. I was very lucky and saw an impromptu audience member show her belly dancing talents. not bad for a blonde belly dancer...

I was thoroughly impressed and was moved to go twice during my week in Cairo.

Unique Quality: belly dancing show on top floor, pool, nile views, 24 hour concierge, 5 restaurants,

domerta's Profile Photo

Perfect for the Traveler without a budget

by written on November 12, 2007

This is a little older hotel yet the service was impeccable. There is construction and rehab going on in the upper floors so expect many fresh upgrades soon. The staff were always willing to assist and accommodate me in any way. There are several restaurants within the hotel but I only ate in the one which was included as part of the room. It was buffet style and the food was very good. Again, the service was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful in every way. English is the common language. Also there are many international people visiting as tourists and from business.

Unique Quality: Right on the Nile. If you can get a room on the river side, I highly recommend it.

Cielo_Algaeed's Profile Photo

Great Location!

by written on October 19, 2007

Our stay at the Sheraton Cairo was a good one though lil glitches happened when we checked -in. Good thing that they were able to fix it afterwards.
The room and bathroom are both clean and stained free.The in house restaurants offer good food and nice service.

Unique Quality: Very close to tourist attractions and stone throw away from the Nile River.

cheercoach's Profile Photo

Filthy Place

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 10, 2007

veigapaula's Profile Photo

At the pool at sunset

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 25, 2006

Despite the roaches in my friend's luggage, it is a central hotel (noisy) but good to go around Cairo without taking too long to get there (considering the chaotic traffic)...

adema29's Profile Photo

Nice position-little bit rusted

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 11, 2006

Amazing view to the Nile, the hotel needs to be "modernised" a bit, or to be at least re-painted :)
In rest, the position is amazing and I remember about lying few hours on the terrace just by the Nile's banks, with a beer and some friends, smelling the fragrances of the old Cairo.

cheercoach's Profile Photo

Filthy

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 24, 2006

Our party had 2 rooms - both were not cleaned prior to our reserved 3 AM arrival. One had a used condom on the bathroom floor and one had food on the blankets and short hairs all over the bathroom - floor, tub, sink. Both had carpets so dirty that white socks turned black on contact. I don't know where the other reviewers were but certainly not in one of our rooms.

Good Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 20, 2006

We were only here 2 nights but the amenities were very nice. The food at the small deli was very good and reasonably priced for hotel food. We attempted to get into the casino but were not prepaired with the passport and we had some shorts on so we were not allowed. Overall, I was very impressed with the food, the room, and pretty much everything.

Unique Quality: I was able to see the pyramids from my room window when the haze was light enough.

hojasdehierba's Profile Photo

Luxury hotel by the Nile

by written on November 7, 2005

We had a nice stay at Sheraton Cairo. We were given a corner room, and therefore we enjoyed perhaps the best Nilo sights from our balcony. Rooms are good-sized, decoration is not bad, although a bit dated. There were balcony furniture, so that you could order dinner at room service and have it there -a blast-.The hotel have room service at a really convenient price and several restaurants with different opening hours, so that you may be almost sure that you will be able to have dinner at any time in the night. Italian Restaurant had a violinist at dinner time when we stayed there (july 2004).
Breakfast is perhaps the most complete I've ever had, with both occidental and egyptian specialities. It has a nice swimming-pool too. It is located in a good area if you want to walk around a little: a safe area and with good atmosphere. The Egyptian Museum is at a distance of 15 minutes walking.

Unique Quality: Tuvimos una estancia agradable en el Sheraton Cairo. Nos dieron una habitacion de esquina y por ello disfrutamos de las que puede que sean las mejores vistas del Nilo desde nuestra terraza. Las habitaciones son muy grandes, aunque quizas la decoracion este un poco anticuada. Habia muebles en la terraza, asi que podias pedir la cena al servicio de habitaciones y tomarla alli. El hotel tiene servicio de habitaciones a un precio muy ajustado y varios restaurantes con diferentes horarios de apertura, asi que puedes estar seguro de que podras cenar a casi cualquier hora de la noche. En el restaurante italiano del hotel tocaba un violinista cuando nos alojamos alli (julio 2004). El desayuno puede que sea el mas completo que haya tomado nunca, con especialidades tanto occidentales como egipcias. Tiene una piscina agradable tambien. Esta en una buena zona si quieres pasear un poco: una zona segura y con buen ambiente. El Museo Egipcio esta a unos 15 minutos andando.

Nearby Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers And Casino

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Cairo Travel Forum

Need advice about Cairo, Egypt? Visit the Travel Forum for Cairo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cairo hotel reviews