Laico Okoume Palace Libreville Hotel

5, Boulevard de Nice B.P 2254, (formerly InterContinental), Libreville, 2254, Gabon
Okoume Palace Hotel
Travelocity Tingo.com Despegar.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Laico Okoume Palace Libreville Hotel

Best hotels in Libreville

by tarponjohn2002 about Okoume, Meridien and more

Okoume Palace or Intercontinental as it is often called, is 5 minutes from the airport. Rates CFA 60 000 can usually be negociated, for the price you'll probably be dissapointed, but LBV is expensive. Breakfast is another CFA 8000 and a bottle of water CFA 2000 min. The rooms are a/c and have TV, double beds and are safe, noise free (unless close to lift) and have towels, soap and toilet paper....the beach is just over the road but better to swim in hotel pool which is usually clean and not too crowded. There is also a gym and beauty parlour, with sauna and massage. The bar has a big TV screen and is good for big sports events, but otherwise has little ambience, perhaps the odd hooker or business man, but best go to the town if you want to meet more interesting people. The restaurant is okay, slow service but if desperate and don't want to go into the town then eat there.

Meridien is the far side of town, about 15 minutes from the airport. It's probably a better hotel than the Okoume in terms of comforts, costs about the same and has similar facilities. Much depends on whether you wish to be close to the aiport or not. I like both hotels.

Drinking from a coconutDrinking from a coconut

Freedom Monument in LibrevilleFreedom Monument in Libreville

Travel Tips for Libreville

Pickup Soccer

by ZeekLTK

If you come to Libreville, bring some shorts and running shoes (or just play in your bare feet)! Every day, often several times a day, you can find soccer games being played on the beaches right off the "main strip" that runs through town. Hop on in and test your skills, just be careful not to kick the ball out of bounds... and into the Atlantic Ocean!

Libreville

by ZeekLTK

"A few days in Libreville"

I made several good friends when I visited Mali back in 2006. I had found out that one of them had since moved to Libreville, so when I was making plans to go to South Africa for the 2010 World Cup, I decided it'd be worthwhile to stop over for a few days to visit and see the city, as it would probably be my best chance to ever see Gabon. My friend ended up moving to France only a few months after my visit too, so it was perfect timing for me!

I stayed for about 3 or 4 days before heading on to Johannesburg and got to experience the city both as a tourist and through the eyes of a local.

Two unlucky days in Libreville..

by VTShounen

I think if I were in a different state of mind when I entered Gabon I would have enjoyed it much more. But several little unfortunate things happened all at once, resulting in me enjoying myself the least out of the five African nations on my first foray into Africa. Must admit, it could have been worse - could have rained a lot harder. Definitely lucked out with the weather.

If you've clicked thru a few of my other pages, you know by now - no time now to write, come back for more.

Comments