Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 1236
Olyander Guesthouse: Olyander Guesthouse
In all the travelguides on Ghana I read, they write about a place called Olyander Guesthouse as being the cheapest place to sleepin Aburi, and quite a decent one. So when I came to the town, the first thing I did was searching for this Olyander-place.
After a walk of at least 15 minutes and asking at least 5 people where this mysterious place is, I ended up at a completely abandoned place that obviously used to be a guesthouse. Nowadays it looks more like a scene from "Pirates of the Caribbean" though. When I just entered the rusty gates to take a look at the rotten building, a man followed me to tell that the place had been closed a couple of years earlier, because it was too quiet.
So if you are going to Aburi: forget about Olyander Guesthouse, unless you want to have a look at this goasthouse.
- Reviews: 1236
ABG Resthouse: ABG Resthouse
Right in the middle of the old Aburi Botanical Gardens, you will find a big white building that is built in an old colonial-British style. This building was originally built as a sanatorium for British colonialists, and is used as the best and most central guesthouse in Aburi today.
The guesthouse has a few dormitories and a few double bedrooms inside the mainbuilding. One night in the dormitory costs 106.000 cedis ($ 10,50) which is quite a lot of money for a shared bedroom. I don't know the prices of the self-contained bedrooms.
Behind the former sanatorium, the ABG Resthouse also has a couple of self-contained bungalows. I stayed in one of these little houses because all the beds in the dormitory were fully booked. For one night here I paid 154.000 cedis ($ 15,-) which also is a lot of money for local standards.
For this money you get a nice and spacious bungalow with a large and good bed, a private bath and toilet, a fridge and a television, but without running water, which makes the bathtub pretty useless. The great environment takes all these problems away though, because the peaceful and beautifully green gardens around you are very inspiring. Especially in the early morning when the lawns are still misty.
If you want to be sure of a bed in the dormitory or even of a private bungalow, it is wise to call first, because the place can be full once in a while.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Book Cheapest Hotels
- Get guaranteed cheapest rates Saving upto 60% on all hotels. www.flightotel.com/
- Need to book a hotel ?
- Compare discount on hotel and hotel rates. Best Price Guaranteed www.hotelbestdeals.com/
- Compare hotels prices
- Compare and book thousands hotels Best hotel deals guaranteed www.uyora.com/
Explore the World
- Wheeling Island Hotels
- Big Bear Lake Hotels
- Kandy Lake Hotels
- Longboat Key Hotels
- South Lake Tahoe Hotels
- Pulau Kukup
- Fort Walton Beach
- Seychelles Hotels
- Batu Maung Hotels
- Camels Hump State Park Hotels
- Boca de Yuma Hotels
- Antelope Island Hotels
- Al Lusayli Hotels
- Madison Heights Hotels
- Ghana Hostels from £5
- Compare Options & Prices For All Local Hostels. No Booking Fee www.hostelbookers.com/Ghana
- Hotel Reservations In
- Find the cheapest rates for hotels Biggest offer of hotels worldwide www.hotelium.com/
- Tour Ghana & West Africa
- Experience Culture & Adventure! 10 Day Packages @ Competitive Rates www.landtours.com/
- Find Cheap Hotels
- Save 60% on Hotel Rooms! Comparison Shopping Made Easy. www.lowfares.com/Cheap-Hotels
- Hotels in Ghana
- Book Online and Save Up to 80% Now. Lowest Price Guaranteed! www.hotelscombined.com/Ghana