Crystalline Hostel

Crystalline Hostel
Hostelworld.com

More about Accra

Lunch at Aburri GardensLunch at Aburri Gardens

Accra downtown near to Makola marketAccra downtown near to Makola market

Au Grand Ecuyer is not cheap...Au Grand Ecuyer is not cheap...

Independence Monument, taken from inside a taxiIndependence Monument, taken from inside a taxi

Panafest 2006

by smfrme

if anyone is interested in travel to Accra, Ghana this summer...hit me up! :)

by thejazzgurl

let's talk! i sent you an email!

by atufft

VT members idiosingularity and lemondrop are also both going this summer. I believe you may already have a good contact with previous person, and idiosingularity is already departed. Don't know when lemondrop is scheduled to go exactly. For what it's worth, check out my Ghana travel pages (Also Accra, Winnaba, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Wa, Bolgatanga, and Mole National Park). Have fun.

by candelit

what do u mean by hit me up?

RE: RE: Panafest 2006

by thejazzgurl

"hit me up" is american slang for "get in touch with me", "be in touch", "please communicate with me and let me know your thoughts"

I am traveling to Ghana soon!

by adwt

Hello,

I am currently in Nigeria but soon I will be heading to Accra. Could you recommend a travel guide and a hotel. I am not sure where to stay.

Re: Panafest 2006

by atufft

I have a tip with photo for a hotel in Accra among my travel tips for this city. The best neighborhood to simply wander around and find a hotel is the Osu district. You can get a taxi there and walk the street to find the best room at the best rate. It won't take long to find a good place. Have fun.

help with some good advice please

by flexyt

hi everyone, I am planning a trip to Ghana in November,2009 to take my daughter to meet her father side of family in Accra. What i want to no is, how is the weather and can we wear summer clothes there. I am going for 2wks, we will be staying with them but they are not financially fit to look after us, so for two weeks is 1000pounds sufficient for us to help buy food and presents to bring back to the uk. I also want to no should i go with the pounds money then change it when i get there. When do we need to take the medicine for malaria. basically any advice help me please. thanks

Re: Panafest 2006

by atufft

Sorry for not responding sooner to the last post...Ghana is warm all year around, so don't bother bringing cold weather clothes. I don't even recall cool breezes along the coast during parties at night, and mostly I recall sweltering humid heat. So, wear light cotton clothes, but bring along mosquito repellent. I the city, you really shouldn't be too exposed to malaria, except in the poorer neighborhoods, but I would consider this issue too, nevertheless.

Travel Tips for Accra

Things essential to life

by ardelean

If you are coming for more than 5 minutes, pack the Marmite. Unlike many other members of the commonwealth, there is no marmite in the shops. Even Kabul had Marmite. You can buy Quaker oats and even Scotts porridge oats, but not Marmite. Colmans English mustard there is, but no Marmite, not even Vegimite. Something has to change. Life without Marmite is not worth living.

Independence Arch

by sachara

The Independence Arch with the black star in top, direct north of the Independence Square - also called Black Star Square - is an important landmark in the south part of the citycentre.

The Arch is a replica of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. It has an eternal flame, lit by Nkrumah himself. The Independence Square is a big parade ground at the seaside with space for 30.000 people. There is also a huge stadium. All this is built by Nkrumah in the sixties.

When I visited Accra in December 2003, I was surprised by the traffic at this square, so much more than the first times I visited Accra. At the parade and stadion grounds was a large meeting of the Presbyterian Church. This wasn't difficult to find out because most women were wearing African dresses, showing the purpose of the meeting that day.

Ghana: respect, my brotha!!!!

by ludogatto

I spent 3 of my new year eves in Accra cause my boyfrind work for Alitalia Aerline ( stewart) and we was there on stopover.......I stayied there only for few days, but it's enough to grown up in my heart the need to know more about this country.
The turism is very light, not like in Senegal, and the people are a little bit estonished for you outside the big town, they are not used to see 'tourist', but they are wharm and very frindly.
IThe new years eve 2004 I was in ACCRA....dancing all the night ragga with my Accra 'brotha'!!!!!
i was in a restaurant on the coaast, it's nice because in this area there are some rock adn the restaurant is builted on it, with a lot of balcony full of table, a live orchestra palyng raggga and local music, a lot of candle all over the cliff adn under the palm with the big moon in the water....the they afetr is used to go to Labadi beach, with the best dress u have, to spend the all day walking to see girls, dancing, looking to littel show and bathing all togheter....Have a look to my travelogue with a lot of picture of Labadi!!!!! REspect!

This year there were big cloud, but fortunatly didn't rain on the beach!!!!

Comments