Oak Plaza East Airport Hotel

Au Grand EcuyerAu Grand Ecuyer

Independence Monument and the standsIndependence Monument and the stands

Xmas in Ghana

by Adeola123

Hi everyone, I am planning on spending my christmas holidays (Dec. 22 to Jan 2) in Ghana. If you've been there recently, or live there I would appreciate any tips on Hotels, Places to vist, transportation and any useful information

Ola

RE: Xmas in Ghana

by francoludo

I spend 3 last year's eve in Ghana, the people si nice and u can find info on Alpha Ghana vt pages and Wafro Vt pages....Have nice time in my loved Ghana!

RE: Xmas in Ghana

by darrenriffa

Hi ..
I too am planing to spend time in Ghana this xmas.. first time... I plan to visit a couple of orphanges, as I intend to adopt from there. If you have any info as well.... would appreciate it you could drop me a hint or two.. I will do the same.
D

Re: Xmas in Ghana

by ghanahomelodge

Dear Mr Ofori,
There will be room available for you during your stay in the home lodge.
A night stay in the homelodge will cost you 32 euro for a double room,and single room will cost you 20 euro with breakfast inclusive (English breakfast).Airport service is free for you ,depends on the days you intend staying.we have a well design kitchen instock with all the cooking tools.
For further information visite our site www.ghanahomelodge.com call Alex,
00233--244244620 ( Ghana)
Hope you will enjoy your stay in the homelodge with us.

yours faithfully,
Alex.

Travel Tips for Accra

Packing List

by shahiddisu

You need to have a mini-bag that you stuff with food,
dresses and other items that you need when you are going camping or other adventurous locations outside Accra.But it will be better to bring along luggage as well as bags. You need to bringt along rain coat and any clothing that will be very for the scouching sun and as well as the rain.The rainy season start from July to August.
And the wind blow alot when it get to late november to early december It will be best if you bring along with you any mini medical kit.Stuffed with all the neccessary first aid.
Though we have the best of medical personnel in our country it will still be wise to bring it along to avoid any eventualities. You need to breing along any a set of photographic equipment.But you need not worry about re-charging
your digital batteries.We have alot of places that you can do that though i wouldn't say all the part of Ghana. It very wonderful staying out doors especially in the night.You will experience one of the beautiful night sky of Accra and it's surrounding towns.

Independence Arch

by Pieter11

Directly north from the Independence Square you will see another important landmark of Ghanaian Independency: the Independence Arch.

This is Ghana's version of the Arc de Triomphe. The arch has "Freedom and Justice, AD 1957" written on top of the arch, being an example for other African nations in those days.

Right underneath the arch you can find the "Eternal Flame of African Liberation" to memorise the importance of freedom in the continent. It was originally lit by the first president of the country: Dr. Kwame Nkrumah.

With the Arch it is the same as the Independence Square: it is forbidden to take picture of it. Why? I don't have any idea...

Stomach Pains and Creo English Don't Mix!!!

by africateach

"English Varies From Place To Place"

Accra was my second country in Africa to ever visit. I had been working in Conakry for awhile and we had our annual conference.

I found that Accra was more developed with better cars and streets, but still just as polluted.

One thing I noticed right away was that the people in the market places and taxi drivers were not as accomodating as those in Conakry. I think it is because of the colonization of the French vs. the British. Just the fact of people that I interacted with seemed less likely to care and more willing to make you purchase something before giving advice.

I only stayed in town for the most part and developed food poisioning, so that kind of hampered my fun.

Comments