Aflao Hotels

Our Members Say

• georeiser profile photo georeiser
  • Reviews: 2054
Motel Makavo: Motel Makavo

Motel Makavo is located 500 metres from the border and is a good alternative if you arrive Aflao late and need some rest. The hotel has a swimmingpool and a nightclub. The rooms are with TV and refridgerator.
Aircondition rooms from 50 USD a night.

• Opinion of Price: about average

• Ghanalover profile photo Ghanalover
  • Reviews: 4

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Makavo: Hotel Makavo, definitely value for money

The undeniable best Hotel at Aflao is the Hotel Makavo, which has seen some recent upgrades and an addition of a Nightclub and a small swimming pool. The Hotel is neat, the rooms nicely decorated and clean, while prices are moderate. I got stuck at Aflao when arriving too late one day, the border to Togo closes at 8 pm. After doing the tour of the Aflao Hotels, I ended up at the Makavo Hotel. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful and I had a good nights rest , though the mattress was a bit too soft for my spinal problems . Since I arrived late, I did not have the opportunity to try the restaurant, but will surely stay there again and then see or try if the restaurant is up to the same quality as the accommodation.
I also met the owner, a jovial man, before leaving rather early and he saw to it that I did get a continental breakfast in spite of the early

Neat and clean rooms, nice decoration, a clean pool and an open air bar.

Very friendly and helpful personnel !

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Singles, Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written March 29, 2008

• Alpha_Ghana profile photo Alpha_Ghana
  • Reviews: 346

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kplom Dedie: One night in Aflao

Travelling from Aflao to Accra or Ho during the night is very dangerous. So, if you have to leave after 5PM, it is better you spend the night in Aflao.
There are perhaps 5 small hotels in Aflao.
I spent one night at this hotel, just before Shell garage, after the junction to the hospital.

What I also do: I ask the manager to keep my car during the day or the weekend, give him 10000 cedis and go with a taxi to the border.

No great comfort, no sat TV, no ariconditionning, but you pay 3$

It is nevertheless very clean

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average