Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 1236
Guesthouse: Wechiau Guesthouse
The are three places where you can sleep when you are in the Wechiau Hippo Sanctuary. The most luxurious place is the guesthouse, which is not luxurious at all! I didn't sleep here, but I did have a look inside to see what the place looks like, and I didn't feel sorry I didn't sleep there!
The guesthouse is built in the traditional way: with sticks and mud. It looks nice from the outside, but inside it is very dark, it smells very humid and the rooms have no luxury what so ever. The beds are concrete structures with a mattress on it. There are mosquitonets, and that is it. There is no electricity and no running water.
You can shower outside in the open-air bucket shower, with cold water from the watertank next to it.
For one night in this guesthouse you pay 70.000 cedis ($ 7,-) which is quite expensive for what you get for it. Reservating a room has to be done in the Information Centre in the village of Wechiau.
- Reviews: 1236
Platforms: Sleeping on the platforms
Another place to sleep in Wechiau is on one of the two platform they've built there. When I was there, the raining season was still there, and during that season one of the two platform was closed, but the one closest to the guesthouse was open, and was a great place to spend the night.
The platform is built under a huge tree at about 5 metres above the ground. You can reach it by the steep stairs that are built, and from up there you have a great view over the area and the small villages that are built in the neighbourhood.
Mattrasses are provided as well as pillows, blankets and mosquito-nets. The nets are installed funnily: by tying them to the fence around the platform and to some plastic chairs. With all this I had a very good sleep there, in a very, very inspiring environment!
A night on this platform costs 60.000 cedis ($ 6,-) and also has to be booked at the Information Centre in Wechiau-village.
The best thing about sleeping on the platform is the fantastic roof above your head: the stars, the moon and the black sky. The birds, the insects and all the other animals around you provide you with a fantastic goodnight-song, and the next morning you will be woken up by the rising sun.
This platform in Wechiau is the most fabulous place I've slept in Ghana!
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Find Cheap Hotels
- Save 60% on Hotel Rooms! Comparison Shopping Made Easy. www.lowfares.com/Hotel-Reservations
- Hotels in Ghana
- Book Online and Save Up to 80% Now. Lowest Price Guaranteed! www.hotelscombined.com/Ghana
- Tour Ghana & West Africa
- Experience Culture & Adventure! 10 Day Packages @ Competitive Rates www.landtours.com/
Explore the World
- 197 Hotels Ghana from $19
- trivago™ Save Up To 78% on Hotels. Compare over 160 Booking Sites! www.trivago.com/Hotel-Ghana
- Hotels - Up to 80% Off
- Find the Cheapest Hotel Rooms Now Compare Rates up to 80% Off! www.travelzoo.com/
- Hotels.com Official Site
- Relax and Leave the Details to Us. Book Today and Save a Bundle! www.hotels.com/
- Hotels Ghana
- Info on Hotels Ghana Answers, Results and Great Info! www.searchinq.com/HotelsGhana
- Hotels: Booking.com
- Lowest price guarantee! Book at over 300,000 hotels online www.booking.com/Hotels