Takoradi Hotels

Our Members Say

• Alpha_Ghana profile photo Alpha_Ghana
  • Reviews: 346

Raybow Hotel: Takoradi best hotel

Nice bed room like a bungalow, full comfort for this category, all rooms are like a suite, with kitchen, dinner room, bedroom, bathroom and living room.
Local decoration

international menu, meals brought zithin the 30 minutes to your own dining room.
Very large beds, you can sleep at least 4
Nice Ghanaian furnitures, paints and masks.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written October 15, 2002

• anthonymaw profile photo anthonymaw

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

You' 84 Hotel: Takoradi Hotel right where the action is

21 April 2008 stayed overnight at the intriguingly named You' 84 hotel on Market Circle in Takoradi, Ghana. Had checked out a few other hotels but thought this one was the most interesting. It is listed in the Lonely Planet guide and it seemed like to place to be since it was directly in front of where the action is and had a balcony overlooking the street. Was not the cheapest place in town - they charged 25 cedis for a tiny room which was almost twice what the LP book described. Action-seeking travellers will find it appealing.

The room had color television and air conditioning and there was a bottle of water in the fridge and even a bunch of condoms in the drawer. The sound of the bustling market outside - horns, shouts, music, etc could be heard until way into the evening - recommend to bring earplugs if you want to get a decent night's sleep. The restaurant and supermarket on the ground floor was an added convenience. The market in front of it is very intense with all kinds of goods, services and foods being hawked. Grid power went out in town around 7 PM and stayed out all night but the hotel had (somewhat noisy) diesel backup power so the lights and air-conditioner kept working. One should have a flashlight handy if going outside and can be bought cheaply on the street outside and is vital to avoid falling into the open sewer covers! There is a 24 hour security guard at the entrance and they also sell cheap beer, water, juices and pop at the reception. The shower worked (one tap - no hot and cold) and there were also big and small buckets for those who prefer that method of washing.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written April 27, 2008
Tip Photo

You' 84 Hotel facing Takoradi Market Circle

• Faking profile photo Faking

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

NEW MEXICO HOTEL: NEW MEXICO HOTEL

Hi, Takoradi is a nice city to visit my stay there was very enjoyable which was made possible by NEW MEXICO HOTEL. I enjoyed nice spacious room, good dishes, and above all great customer satisfaction. I recommend everyone one to go there to have a feel of the hotel. Great location for transportation avaliability to drive around. I state in the USA, but for my trip to Ghana Takoradi NEW MEXICO HOTEL was a home and a place for me and all my friends. My visit to Ghana Takoradi was a great pleasure.

The Hotel is very close to the ocean, I enjoyed deap diving and fishing with my friends. We played golf and enjoyed local and great hip hop music at sun set time. I can't wait to be there again. Love to the staffs and associates of NEW MEXICO HOTEL good job.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Music, Beaches, Food and Dining
  • Written July 6, 2009
Tip Photo

• Jacyn13 profile photo Jacyn13

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

New Mexico Hotel: Nightmare in New Mexico Hotel, Tokaradi

On first approach to the New Mexico Hotel in Tokaradi, Ghana, we were met with a disgustingly dilapidated building. Nowhere near representing the image seen online. I told my colleague we should look for another place to stay and he suggested we have a look inside. The interior was a lot better than the exterior, but deceptively so. I changed rooms three times, the first room -the air conditioner was not working, the 2nd room- a terrible smell, like a dead rat was in there, the 3rd room- seemed okay. The air conditioner was working, no funny smells etc. I packed my luggage in the wardrobe and my colleague and I went downstairs to see what was on offer for drinks and food. All of the soft drinks had expired at least 3 to 4 months prior and the kitchen was a terrible disaster. We went to dinner at another hotel. Upon returning to our hotel, I walked in and realized immediately my bags had been rifled through, I explained to the manager on duty my reasons for believing this and he was argumentative and rude. I told him not to worry as nothing was taken ( I had taken my valuables with me ). I tried to put it behind me and proceeded to do some work, the main light then went out ( blown tube I guess ), I didn't worry to notify the grumpy manager and plugged in the one and only bedside lamp, which had no globe. Packed my things away and went to take a shower before bed, shower is faulty, manager is gone, reception lady says she can't move me tonight!!!! It is now 00:05 and I am so furious I decided to make sure no one else has to suffer at the hands of the inept hotel staff. Please, stay somewhere, anywhere else but here...

None at all!