3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Bamburi Beach Hotel

Hotel at the Kenyatta-Bamburi Beach

by sachara about Hotel Ocean View

Ocean View is one of the many hotels in this area. We didn't choose this hotel ourselves, because it was in a (very cheap) package deal.
The hotel was good with a beautifull garden with a lot of shade and with .... this ocean view. Swimmingpool.
Cultural performances in the evening.
Walking distance from the Bamburi Quarry Nature Trail.

Two thumbs up!

by gonetotheuk about Bamburi Beach Hotel

My family and I (me, wife, and two kids ages 10 and 15) stayed at Bamburi Beach Hotel for two weeks over Easter 2007 - and would definitley recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel was nicer than expected, it was very nice in fact. We have been to Morocco (Caribbean Village Agador - which used to be called the Occidental Alegro Agador) and Gambia (Sunset Beach Hotel) and I would rate this hotel better than both. Not bad considering this hotel was towards the cheaper end of accomodations to choose from (package deal booked with First Choice).

We stayed full board, and the food was fantasic - ALWAYS. There was never ever, not even once bad meal. And believe me, my kids can be picky - and my wife is a vegetarian. We go away somewhere different every Easter, and the food at Bamburi Beach Hotel was by far the best ever. One warning, yes they charge for bottles of water . . . HOWEVER, you can ask for water by the glass and it is the exact same water (poured out of bigger bottles though) and it is FREE.

The rooms were spacious and clean, and to a pretty good standard (very good considering this is a third world country!). All rooms now also have TVs with satelite, so the kids got their daily fix of Friends and the Simpsons. Other have mentioned the towels smelling musty. Upon arrival, I did a quick towel inspection (sniff test), and they were fine. After a couple of days though, I did notice a slight smell . . . . but then I noticed a small card next to the sink . . . it said that only towels left on the shower floor will be changed with fresh ones, others will be left to dry on the towel rail to be reused. But after a few days, leave them in the shower, and they replace them with fresh one that smell fresh as a daisy!
Oh, about the rooms, by luck we had two rooms with lovey sea views. There were rooms the faced the side that didn't have such a great view. But we didn't get one of them, so I can't really comment, but I know they were there. The hotel was right on the beach, but you will find that NO ONE sunbathes on the beach, and at certain times of year there is quite a lot of seaweed. Don't let this bother you. The pool is fantastic and there are always plenty of sunbeds. Sure if you want pole position on the terrace overlooking the beach, you have to get up early. But since we are not big drinkers, we always got up early, and bagged the best sunbeds. The other bonus of getting up early is for the sunrise walks along the beach. During the day, yes, you will get hassled by beach sellers. Don't let them put you off. In fact, we enjoy the interaction, and we even booked several trip (including a three day safari) with the boys on the beach (Mombassa North Tours). After a copuple of days, they all have had a go at selling trips, carvings, etc, and they will more or less leave you alone. Still night time is not worth the risk, and to be on the safe side, we stayed in the hotel grounds.

Friendly place at Bamburi beach

by sphynxxs about Whitesands

A pleasant beach hotel at the mombasa North coast, about a 40 minutes drive from the Airport. Whitesands is located at Bamburi Beach which can be a bit narrow at high tide, but with four pools on the premises, including one at the "silent zone" near the spa area, there is always enough swimming space available. Buffet-style food of the international kind, but you always find something Indian inspired as the hotel is popular with Kenya´s Asian community as well. Watersport on the ground is available as well as glassbottom boat rides to the corral reef of Mombasa coastal park The decoration has a Swahili touch, I especially liked the big bedlike lounging sofas that invited for a siesta (unfortunately, very often they were occupied already), the beach bar (very nice for sundowners) swim up bar in the main pool and the spa area where you can get a massage while gazing out to the ocean. One of my favorite places to hang out are the day beds and the Cocos Beach bar

North Coast Hotel(Mombasa)

by kateyfromthehood about Travellers Beach Club & Hotel

This was our hotel in the past 2 hollidays in Kenya, Mombasa...It lies at the best side of Mombasa, North Coast, at Bamburi Beach...You can stay in 2 sides of the hotel: the hotel side or the club side, at the club side you have animation and a all inclusive service..This is the best side and all inclusive hotels are not expensive in Kenya...they have the nicest staff ever, everyone is very friendly, we even made friends for life with some people... 7 pools that are connected through small bridges and slides...very people all through the club side and also the hotel side...good animation team(for young and old)...nice people to serve dinner or drinks all day...the best cocktailbar in the pool, close to the beach if you like beach walks or like to go for a swim in the sea

Excellent Value for Money

by TripAdvisor Member KevSev

Just returned from the Bamburi Beach Hotel, and can safely say my wife and myself found it to be excellent value for money.
There was a great choice of good food. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms comfortable and clean. In fact the beds were suprisingly comfortable.
The only negative was that the beach boys, who can be a bit of a pain at first, but they do accept no for an answer, and once you get used to them can be very amusing, (just remember they are only trying to make a living in what is an extremely poor country).
We would definitely go back to this hotel.

Excellent Staff

by TripAdvisor Member nt_travel

Bamburi Beach Hotel is an excellent hotel located at Bamburi beach side. It is not far from the supermarket ( Nakumat).

The staff are very friendly and make you feel at home. The food is excellent, especially if you are a vegetarian, they have wide range of foods.The afternoon snack bar also serves excellent food. So If you are like me ( Food fanatic), this this the right hotel for you.

Evening entertainment is also excellent. This cater for all ages. If you have kids this is the right place as well.

Only drawback - No TV in your room - Could be a good thing in a way. Encourages people to socialize a bit.

Overally - Excellent place for your money.

A GREAT STAY

by TripAdvisor Member margaretchurchill

We had a great stay at tbe Bamburi Beach Hotel
The food and entaintment are excellent and the staff very friendly.
One draw back was that the sun beds are jammed
and the grass area behind where the sunbeds are is for some reason out of bounds.
Be prepared for the beach boys to pester the life out
of you.
I did book our trip to the Governors which was absolutely fantastic with Peter from MICS Safaris of Diani beach - I booked this on line and Peter gave me a very good deal.I booked our trip in advance and am glad I did this with him and not with the Beach boys on talking to other people in the Hotel comparing info prices etc.,

Loved it!

we stayed at the bamburi beach hotel in december 2005 for 2 weeks so we were there for christmas and new year it was brilliant, best christmas and new year ever they will do anythin to help you out, seeing santa coming to the hotel from the sea on a boat on christmas day and going on the camels! the staff are so friendly and welcoming, the food was lovely, so much to choose from. evening entertainment was ok but still worth watching.. the rooms were ok but then again who stays in there room all day anyway. we will def be going back to the bamburi as we have made loads of new friends,although we are going to the sun and sand hotel just up the road from the bamburi in july this year for 3 weeks so will see what thats like aswel. but i was very happy with that holiday and i didint want to come back to england at all....
Safri was wicked got so close to the animals, i was so scared but really enjoyed the experiance.

Bamburi Beach Hotel, Bamburi Beach, Kenya

by DaveRowley

"The Beach itself is fantastic....the sea is warm.."

The hotel is situated right on the Beach and it was a beautiful place to be in June....

Couldn't go sea fishing...apparently that season is August to Feb or some-time around then....

There are many people trying to sell giftware, trips, safaris, etc on the beach so beware...and don't flash your cash....be warned

"Went snorkelling for a few hours...."

the sea was beautiful to swim, snorkel and see in.....

no risk of shark attacks as in the distance you can see the wash hitting the coastal shelf, which is where the real deep sea begins, and where the big boys hang out

the trip out was something the hotel lay on for a minimal price and was good fun

bamburi beach hotelbamburi beach hotel

Bamburi beachBamburi beach

Bamburi BeachBamburi Beach

Beautiful Bamburi Beach....Beautiful Bamburi Beach....

bamburi beach hotel HELP

by alz55

hi we have just booked to go to the bamburi beach hotel and now after looking around the net i'm now wondering if i have done the right thing, as my wife has to use a wheelchair i wonder is the hotel going to be ok, so is there anybody out there that have been to this hote and can you give me any idea if it will be ok for the wheelchair, thanks

by mandiba

If my memory serves me right,there are a few awkward areas for wheelchair guests to negociate.Getting on to the beach will be a problem (steps).Pool area is fairly flat+uncluttered also there are some rooms at ground level.If it was me i would E Mail the manager and explain your problem direct.
The hotel is a good value standby,i have used it many times.Getting up to the main road,shops+post office should be ok.There will be plenty of taxis to take you further afield like Mombasa £3 £4,depending on your bargaining skills!!
Have a great time.

by shelly67

Hi - suggest you try www.holidaytruths.co.uk - under forums - other destinations, there is a thread on the Bamburi Beach Hotel (good feedback) and the most recent posting is from someone who has just returned with a son (I think) who was in a wheelchair - am sure you can get the info you want from this person.

by chezza

The hotel has been recently refurbished and they do have 2 disabled rooms there they now have a ramp to the beach if you need anymore help let me know
Chezza