Mnarani Road, Malindi, 80200, Kenya

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Scorpio Villas

Accommodation in Malindi

by call_me_rhia about Scorpio Villas

In Malindi we ended up staying at the Scorpio villas because it was part of the package - and we quite enjoyed it: it has a large tropical garden and some interesting wooden sculptures in the garden. There are also three salt-water swimming-pools. The sea is only about 200 metres away. What's really unique is the canopy bed: huge! It was like three beds in one - with a mosquito-net and furniture in traditional Lamu style. The other amazing thing was the private veranda, with a soft sofa and table, and a larger breakfast table with chairs

Malindi from our balcony at Ozi'sMalindi from our balcony at Ozi's

Malindi from Ozi'sMalindi from Ozi's

Masai's resort securityMasai's resort security

In my roomIn my room

Scorpio Villas, Malindi

Hi,
Has anyone been to Scorpio Villas in recent months?

If you have, I would be happy to hear how it all went. It looks super in the brochures.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks,

RE: Scorpio Villas, Malindi

by Nimojohn

Hi I was there last december and its very nice as you've seen in the brochure. I'd really recomend it anytime! The road from Nairobi to Mombasa is good but from Momabasa to Malindi is a bit rough. So if its possible you can hire a car and we can recomend a very good tour driver to make it easy to enjoy your stay. Call me on this no. 0733-552751 when you get here. Safe jouney.

RE: RE: Scorpio Villas, Malindi

by grahamNI

HI and thanks for your reply.

I have friends visiting from Ireland visiting Kenya from Feb 6th and I hope to be in that area, or possibly Watamu around the same time.

I have noted the number and will use if possible.

many thanks,
G.

by MonetsGarden

Hi, was reading your review on Scorpio Villas, Malindi, Kenya and would like you to confirm that all 3 pools are saltwater? Was thinking of going there but there is no mention of this in any brochure/website. Thanks for your response, Sarah.

by sheldon77

Hi again, I'm off to malindi at the end of April and am staying at the Scorpio Villas resort. The resort sounds wonderful, as they always do and I have read some good reviews about it in earlier years. Unfortunately, any recent reviews seem to be very negative and I'm a little dissapointed. These reviews were dated Jan 2006, and I was wondering if anyone has been there around this time and would like to comment on their stay. I'm hoping the negative views of a few people don't apply to everyone who has stayed their recently.Any reviews. positive or negative would be much appreciated. Thanks.

RE: Scorpio Villas

HI,
I have friends who are due to stay there from Feb 6th 2007.

If anyone has been there recently please post their opinions?

Many thanks,

Graham.

Travel Tips for Malindi

Not only beaches and casino

by gmg61

OK, there are nice beaches around, and a casino where you can spend some time if you like to gamble....but Malindi is a city with its character, its population, its corners not yet devastated by the mass tourism. From the old harbour take a walk along the streets, visit the local market, go on until the outskirts and see the people that work and try to survive, see how the families live, enjoy the colours of the spice vendors, and the strong smells.
Stop at one of the small local restaurant and taste some roasted fish or meat with a bee and communicate with local people with smiles or in the proper language if you are able to!

Malindi for a day

by Waxbag

For me, Malindi is a convienient stop between Mombasa or Watamu the south and Lamu to the north. The beaches are really not all that impressive here. Italian resorts strangle the beaches to the south of town. The beaches directly next to Malindi are a bit dirty. The town has some character. There are some fantastic Indian and local Swahili restaurants. The people are laid back and friendly. The best thing to do here is to watch the locals play football (soccer) in the evenings on the beach. Everyone comes out to support the local lads.

Coral Palm Beach

by Fiuman

Coral Palm Beach looks amazing when you first arrive really stunning views, very unique resort. However dig a little deeper and you soon realized its not quite paradise. Health and hygiene was appalling, and food was savourless and bothersome...

Comments