Castle Royal Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Mombasa

The Main Tembo Disco HallThe Main Tembo Disco Hall

G-Kart - Camel - Donkeys ???G-Kart - Camel - Donkeys ???

The Giant Tusks of MombasaThe Giant Tusks of Mombasa

Jesus Fort, MombasaJesus Fort, Mombasa

Kenyans for Kenya!

by nyamburah

Hi,my friends and i are looking for an awesome place to stay between the 29th Dec-1st of January preferably in Diani,Kilifi,watamu or malindi.Preferably at the beach, fully furnished and serviced or if not at the beach,it should have a very good pool but near an accessible beach.We are 18 in number and we want a place that can comfortably accomodate us.No hotels please!just villas and cottages.We are willing to spend maximum ksh24,000 per day for four days.We will cook for ourselves but we would like a cleaner or a washing machine.Its urgent and we will pay the deposit immediately we get a good place.Cheers!!

by petersnice

Perhaps you'd better check local newspapers for adds and offers.

You can google for "rent holiday home", you'll find plenty of sites that offer what you're looking for, but I'm afraid you'll have problems finding an awesome place for some 1300 shillings per person per day, especially in the peak season.

by cidy

Try contactng Marijani Resort in Watamu.Since you are a group the best and cheap way is to book a hostel,that can accomodate several pple n a single to share the cost.Try to contact Dennis of Marajani in Watamu he wll help you.0727298050.

by sphynxxs

have you tried langatalinks? They have a number of holiday homes in all those places. Where are you based in Kenya? If you are anywhere near Nairobi, try the local tourism expo at Sarit Center at Westlands, a number of resorts as well as companies that offer hoiliday homes will be there, and in the last years there were a number of good offers and expo discounts, so it might be worth checking. You probably have to hurry though, as many people head for the coast over new year. Hefty surcharges for the holiday season, too! If you want a mix of self catering and being able to use a hotel restaurant, try whether any of the villas at Driftwood Club in Malindi are still available. I have heard good things about Scorpio villas in Malindi too, but as far as I know they are not located at the beach

by Argamemnon

well, getting a cottage with that kind of a budget may difficult but you may contact me so that we can explore options in the market

by Mureithi

At malindi oasis villa you got you perfect place its a beach villa 1 km from malindi town.you can also visit coral c residence its 10 km from malindi.

Travel Tips for Mombasa

Mombasa

by croisbeauty

Mombasa is the biggest port in the Eastern Africa and, as far as I am concerned, very unattractive place to visit. Most Europeans will find it as an ugly, dirthy and unfriendly place, one of those places you see once and forget it even sooner. I have seen only a part of the town around Main Market, Fort Jesus and old core of the town, but it was enough to make my conclusion. As a metter of fact, I've visited it only once during my two weekes staying there and nothing could convinced me to revisit it.

Fun & relaxation

by Lisa4999

Safari is a must. Don't be fooled into a week long one though, we did a couple of days and saw everything. Amazing. You can't even begin to describe it. Sooooooo manyu good memories but the best bit for me was the monekys playing around your sunbed and pinching cake off your plates at tea and cake time. Also waking up to monkeys sitting on your balcony playing.

come 0n my torist we are...

by anastasia9

come 0n my torist we are heading to Fort jesus wher ethe history began!!! 100% you will not feel bored!! just sit back and relax . Let me tell you guys about what i really miss, the island in Malindi, Miss the people as they are really friendly , they are poor but have great hearts in them, oh not to 4 get i miss acharri, mabungo, etcetra

Tippers Beware

by hurghadalady

Tipping is a good idea as the wages, if the locals are actually working, are laughable by Western standards.

You won't always get change in money, you may be offered sweets or a twist of sugar.

Always but always haggle, start with a third of the asking price and work from there.

Be careful, I went to Akunda Village with a bag of sweets, I wasn't being lady bountiful I promise you, I love kids, but was completely swamped. I think every child in the village knew there was this little blonde woman with sweeties. Bless their hearts, one popped the sweet into his mouth without taking the paper off first.

I am so accustomed to seeing the kids crunching sweets, but these were solemnly sucked, inspected, put back into their mouths, sucked some more etc. etc.

Packing List

by vipuli

Normal baggage but compact Your bermudas and t-shirts Sun tan lotion
Malarial tabs
Dehydrating salts
diahorrea tabs Camera
Voltage is 240v
English plugs Some of the hotels and camping sites ofer good secured area. You can ask your travel agent Don't forget your toothbrush!!

Comments