Millbrook Hotel

1 Km off the main Mombasa - Malindi Road., off Dolphin Rd Shanzu, Serena Beach, Mombasa, 80100, Keny

Satisfaction No Data

Jesus Fort, MombasaJesus Fort, Mombasa

Jesus Fort, MombasaJesus Fort, Mombasa

April Weather

by boyd748

Hi we are thinking of going to Kenya middle to late April this year for a beach holiday.
I see that this is the rainy season but how bad does it get.
Does it rain hard for a short period and dry up quickly or is it dull and rains all day

by muguruki

I've been in Kenya many times during the rainy season and most of the time you will get the weather you describe as raining hard for a short period and then drying up quickly. On the coast you rarely seem to get periods of dull weather its usually one or the other. It is possible that it will chuck it down constantly for a few days, but if you have a spell like this you would be very unlucky. In the past I have spent two weeks in Mombasa during the rainy season and only seen the odd short shower just enough time to pop indoors for a cold beer and finding it dry when I get outside again.

The rainy season has never put me off going to Kenya and its possible I'll be there myself in early May.

by cidy

Kenya experiences alot of rains during the month of march,april,may and june .july towards october very little rainfall kenyans call it Short rains season.Altough in Mombasa cases of floods are rarely but going to the beach for a smim plus the sunny you may miss them

by cidy

Try to follow this link it will update you on the weather while in Mombasa

by sphynxxs

usually it rains rather in the evening and during the night during the rainy season - there might be some heavy downpours during the day, but usually it will get very wet for 30 minutes or so and then dry up quickly. This said, the rains have been untypically heavy and early this year, so it is difficult to predict how it will be. You should still have an enjoyable beach holiday!

by TsavoT

Hi,
Its good to hear from the horse's mouth, I live in Kenya,Mombasa and currently it seldom rains. Though weather is hard to predict you may find it raining for minutes and some few minutes its sunshine.

by CasalPlanet

I reckon is not such a bad weather at the coast. If it rains, it is during the night.
Let me know if you need any advice in where to go and where to stay,

Cheers,

CP

by smithr123

Was in Kenya recently.Good weather there!It is rainy season,but only does so during the night!On day light,it is very sunny and hot.so I suggest you carry warm clothing for the night and light ones for the day.

Travel Tips for Mombasa

Pole Pole / Hacuna Matata

by ETNtheFrenchGuy

Pole Pole : slowly slowly. Take the Kenyan rythm. Leave your watch except for the sunset

Hacuna Matata : don't care about things which are important for you and not for them, but be prepared. People
Children
Landscapes
Animals
Tribes
Business

Come 0n my torist! we are...

by anastasia9

Come 0n my torist! we are heading to Fort jesus, where the history began!!! 100% you will not feel bored!! just sit back and relax enjoy your journey!!!! . Let me tell you guys about what i really miss, the island in Malindi, Miss the people as they are really friendly , they are poor but have great hearts in them, oh not to 4 get i miss acharri, mabungo, etcetra

The old core of the town

by croisbeauty

The old core could be much more attractive, especially for the tourists, if only the maintance in the area better than the present one. The facade of the houses, except for the few, are in pretty poor conditions while most of the wooden terraces barely stands looking like falling down. Too bad because it could be the major attraction of Mombasa.

The city dresscode - women in black

by croisbeauty

Basicly, my family heritage is christian/catholic but I am ateist. It is my choise since I was eighteen. I can't considering myself tollerant to other religions because it sounds absurd since my side actually do not exist. Do I have right to be critical towards any of religions? Hm, it is not my intention, as we in Croatia use to say, "to pull the devil for his tail", but this pictures tell the story.

Fishing

by croisbeauty

There are number of pitoresque catamaran-boats along the Shanzu beach, offering fishing in the area. This boats didn't look very safe to me and besides the bottom is full of water which couldn't convinced me to try it. More than fishing, I was interested in taking some pictures from the water front but didn't dare it being affraid that my camera might finished in the sea-water.

Comments