Neptune Paradise Village Resort

Costs 99% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Neptune Paradise Village Resort

Neptune Paradise Village Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member FrankieBreda

Very nice hotel with good food and service on a beautiful location. Everything was wonderful for me and my family (wife and 3 boys of 9, 11 and 13). Book your safaris and other excursions at j.t.tours (Julius) right at the opposite of the hotel. He gives you the best price, service, is very reliable and arranges everything for your which makes it unforgetable. We went to Wasini Island, where we saw the dolfins and beautiful underwaterworld. We also did a safari Tsavo West and East and this was an unforgetable experience, especially the night at Ngulia lodge. Ask for the best driver/guide in the world, Tito. He has very sharp eyes, has a perfect responsibilty for you and your kids, is a perfect driver and I am sure you will be safe with him! The Neptune Paradise Village Hotel in combination with the bookings of the safari and the excursion at the office of Julius made it for us the best holiday we ever had!!!

it was a splendid holiday

by TripAdvisor Member marcOostende

It was the 2e time in neptune paradise village. Again it was a splendid holiday. Good service by a very friendly staff. Renovated chambers in paradise are now much better than previous year, bathroom has become more wide. 4-Days safari (Tsavo east, West and Amboseli) we have booked at j.t. tours. Very good arranged for a very good price. You can mail me for more information. Perhaps we return the next time to this hotel.
it was a splendid holiday

Paradise, not hell!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member lachantelle

We spent a week in this hotel. In Holland we were confronted with some very nasty reviews of the hotel. Especially the food: lack in variety and lots of fysical problems after eating the food were some of the many complaints made by previous Dutch visitors. We were pleasantly surprised: there was something for everyone! You could chose EVERY day between: fish, meat, vegetarian, pasta, rice, potatoes, different kinds of bread. But most of all we enjoyed the dessertbuffet. I gained over 6 kg in just one week! Even though I had some "toiletproblems" for 2 days but that could easily be explained by the change in climat etc.

The superior room we stayed in was very big and was including television and blowdryer. If you were lucky you were accompanied by a monkey while relaxing on your balcony with pretty view! Very efficient airco which was placed at the entrance of the room so you could not be that blown away by it as laying on the bed. It is not a very modern one so quite noisy but if you put it on during the day you will have a very cool room at night! Textiles such as towels and sheets could be replaced sooner by newer ones as they looked quite torn. We had a leackage of our showertub but did not make a big deal out of it (just put used towels on the floor).

The pools and rest of surroundings are a DREAM! The bountybeach is breathtaking! The animationteam love their job and are hardworking!

We regret that the hotel can only be booked through travelcompany Neckermann because they cause the biggest complaints: book a holiday for 9 days and stay for less than 7 days. They make you leave your room on day of departure and make you pay 20 euro to keep the room for the rest of the day even if you already paid for 9 days! The host will not be there to handle any complaints because he has the 2 days off before your departure.. Really really annoying, especially when you know they will not take any responsibility. We really wanna go back to Neptune Paradise Village with the whole family but NOT with Neckermann!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing Kenya

by TripAdvisor Member rundy

Kenya has always been a destination i've wanted to visit and i wasn't disapointed...!We started our holiday with a 4 day safari which was AMAZING ..( the shadow of kilamanjaro).Which we were very luck to see the big five and also mount kilamanjaro in all it's glory..We stayed at three different lodges , which were all fab .. accommodation was basic , but very clean and tidy ..All three served excellent food , with a good selection to choose from.The biggest selling point are the fantastic views of real kenya .. could go on all day about it , but take my word for it a trip to kenya isn't kenya without a safari ..It is a must ....... The only down side to the trip , was the long durations of time spent in safari bus getting to destinations I.E airport to first logde was approx 5 hours ......Our next part of our holiday was to spend 11 nigths at the neptune paradise village on diani beach ..Having read some other write ups on trip advisor we went with an open mind... But we were pleasently surprised ... Accommondation was nothing special but very clean and tidy .. which was our main concern , as all we would be doing is sleeping in it... swimming pools and bar area were excellent .. again all very clean and well looked after ... We spent most of our days on the grass area under the palm trees by the sea , which had good shade during the hotter parts of the day and had excellent views of the white sandy beach and clear blue sea ..... Unfortunately you can't go on the beach without being hassled by the locals , which after a couple of days does start to p... you off .. but they can also be very helpfull when walking in the shallow reefs ...But the beach is lovely and great for snorkeling .The food at the hotel was good with plenty of choice , dinner , breakfast and lunch ...with different theme nighs through the week .... The main thing that disapointed us was the entertainment during the day and especially at night .. so be prepared with your own ..But apart from that the staff were very polite , friendly and helpfull ....We also found the bar service to be very slow at times .. There are also lots of monkeys about the hotel ,so be on your guard when leaving stuff on your loungers .. But they are great to watch .. I don't think i've ever stayed at the perfect hotel , but the neptune paradise village is worth a look .. we had a wonderful time ...

Great safaris

by TripAdvisor Member Teun01

We hade a great holliday in Neptune paridise village. everything was okay .In the hotel the people, entertainment and the food was very nice. and the safari was the best we saw the big 5. we been to Tsavo east / west /Amboseli. what the company promised was 100%. We have booked by Julius of JT Tours the best company. We had the best service and our guide was Tito. Julius made us the best price. I recommend him everyone to coming to Kenia.

greetings Henk and Marie.

Impressive

by TripAdvisor Member BertNetherlands

We have had a super week. And being for the first time in Africa a completely new and inspiring experience with the people of Africa. Of course we loved the hotel, sun and food, but one can find that everywhere.
What a friendly and relaxed (pole, pole) people! We got in close contact with the people since we booked a couple of excursions (2-day's safari to MasaiMara) (bushtour)(schoolvisit) through a local agent. He knows where to go if you have specials wishes and gives you all kind of interesting local information. And furthermore I feld happy that I could support the 'local economy' (and I saved money because the international agents charge a lot more). FL@firstlandmark.nl
Mail me if you want details about our preferred local agent of about our experiences in detail. I already love Kenya. Bert

Would go again despite food and beds.

by TripAdvisor Member FreddieFidget

Had 2 weeks here with a break for Safari at Fig Tree Camp of 2 nights in the 1st week, which was superb. Neptune has superb grounds and looks very pretty. The beach is white and the sea is safe for kids etc. The beach boys are a bit pushy but be firm and they go away. We spoke to quite a few and found their tales really interesting! The restaurant staff were very friendly, look out for Robert, Elijah and Joseph. They could not have done more. The bar staff at the pools were a bit miserable and a bit slow to serve you. The food was not the best and take plenty of Immodium with you (Mombassa express). We went all inclusive and felt let down by the drinks at the bars. All bottled drinks had to be paid for so you were left with the coke machines which left a lot to be desired. I think they use eco friendly washing powder or something because the sheets on the bed were grey and once I had a hole in mine. Do go on the trip to Wasini island and also the Mombassa by night trip which was superb. Reps will do these but you are better to visit Julius just outside the gates and he will arrange same trip only cheaper. Julius is reliable and dont be afraid to book anything you want to do through him. Overall we had a good time and I would still go again. PS if you go on Safari, choose Masai Maara and try to afford the balloon trip. It really is a must although about £200 each.

Brilliant Holiday Despite Food

by TripAdvisor Member juld38

We stayed at the Neptune for the last two weeks of January. The hotel in wonderful surroundings which were and very well kept "Paradise".
Rooms clean but basic even superior rooms. Food not too good but plenty to eat if you like that sort of thing. Got a bit samey. Bars ok but choice of drink limited and no diet coke. Cannot find a bad thing to say about staff. Philomena in the Paradise side restuarant was lovely and always had a smile. Monkeys are a bit of a pest, so best not to feed them, but they are very amusing to watch.

The beach was lovely apart from the persistant beach boys, but they were not too much of a problem and eventually left you alone. Not a beach to sit on as it is public and not part of the hotel.

We went to the Masai Mara for a two night, three day safari and stayed at the Mara Sarari Lodge. Absolutely brilliant.

We booked our trips with Marco Polo who is situated just outside and Julius who also gave good value for money.

We would definately go to Kenya again and would stay at the Neptune, despite the food. Jambo

Perfect Chill Out !

by TripAdvisor Member internuk

We spent three glorious weeks here. Our fourth visit to this charming and amazingly relaxing place. If you want perfect accomm and perfect food, you can do better. If you want to chill and enjoy the people, the complex and the area, this is the place to go. Suits any age couples, but not good for kids. Food is OK and staff are excellent. Grounds are superb, beach is white and empty. PLEASE get out and see the local area, meet the people, but NOT by excursion. Talk to the beachboys or locals, they can arrange everything for you, but at half price. Try a trip in a local dhow, on the beach outside the complex. Safe and wonderful !
Stuart and Cas. Hayling Island.

Super Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member malcolmtopping

This was our first visit to Kenya and it was really enjoyable. We have often gone to India and Kenya had the same kind of laid back feel. The neptune is a good hotel, the staff are pleasant and the food is better than people have been saying.

We stayed 3 weeks and visted two parks. I recommend Tsavo West and Ambocelli, two parks with very different characteristics. We booked with Julius from JT Tours located just over the road from the hotel. He's very good and is concerned that people enjoy his tours( he linked us with a lovely dutch couple, I think he tries to keep the British and Germans seperate, due to language difficulties!)

We also did Wasini island and Mombassa with him and enjoyed both.

If you feel adventurious try the scuba diving based at the hotel, they give you a free go in the hotel to see if you like it. I ended up doing two dives beyond the reef and finally my thanks to the boys with the wind surfing school , I'm nearly 50 but they still got me out to the reef by the second lesson.

neptune paradise village

by vikki1

Hi was just wondering if anyone can tell me,does this hotel have a laundry service? getting married out there and may need to get dress cleaned for reception when i get back! Thanks!

wedding in kenya

by vikki1

Hi
I am thinking about rearranging my wedding from sri lanka to kenya due to the disaster.I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the Neptune paradise Village at Diana Beach was like? Also I hear there is the Mwalangee?? Elephant sanctuary not to far away? Is it possible to go on a day trip to this? I would be grateful for any info please as beginning to panic a bit now!!!

Re: wedding in kenya

by Joannekerry

Neptune is okay but there are better. I would advise that you go Diani Beach way rather than north mombasa as the beaches are far nicer. Dont know who youve used as an agent but try Somak or African Safari Club. Personally I would stay at Tiwi Beach Resort (I always stay there). Mwalangee is okay if all you want to see is elephants. If you go for two weeks then Somak throw Mwalangee in for nowt (overnight job but it is all inclusive!). Personally if you are looking for a cheap and cheerful safari then Tsavo East staying at the Voi Lodge is superb. Somak have been a tadge on the pricey side for there safaris so if you are staying in Diani then try D M Tours, cant recommend Dennis enough. You pay after youve been on safari and he is a reliable nice guy. His website is www.safariland-kenia.de For a nice lunch out then pop down to Nomads, great pizzas, right on the beach and inexpensive. Good luck

RE: RE: wedding in kenya

by fgatheru

From place is ok. You can go see the elephants which are nearby. From there, you can either go to Tsavo or Masai Mara. Being a honeymoon, you should have the best. Do not panic, just pack and come to Kenya. You wont be disappointed.

Incase you need further assistanec, you can get in touch. I live and work around for the last 6 years and can assist.

regards

Advice on hotel needed?

by debzydolittle

Hi all we are a group of 4 adults and are looking to book the kenya/safari holiday. We have narrowed it down to 3 hotels: The Neptune Paradise village, The Diani sea resort and The Southern Palms. Can anyone help and advise which is best as you read so many reviews some good, some bad that my heads in a spin?

many thanks

debz.

RE: Advice on hotel needed?

by kimij

HI Debz...I would urge you to log on to www.tripadvisor.com all the hotels above look like they have good reviews....see for yourself! I love this website and find comments really useful! have a happy holiday whichever you go for! x

RE: Advice on hotel needed?

by obiwanwasabe

Hiya, We were at Diani last year at southern palms and it is a good resort but the security around the resorts in Diani is very imposing, check out my Mombassa pages.

Nick

RE: RE: Advice on hotel needed?

by debzydolittle

Thanks we have checked out trip advisor, that's actually what got us in a spin, so many reviews.
But i agree it's a great site with loads of info.
Thanks for your help.
Debz.

RE: RE: Advice on hotel needed?

by debzydolittle

Thanks Nick reading your Mombassa info has been a great help!
I think The Southern Palms looks fab. Just have to run it by the others in the party.
Thanks again.