Holiday Inn Nairobi

Travelocity Booking.com eDreams

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Greatwalk0's Profile Photo

Decent Business Hotel

The Holiday Inn Mayfair in Nairobi is a decent place to stay if visiting Nairobi on business. The complex contains two restaurants, two bars, a business center and other standard amenities. Rooms are standard (nothing special), but clean. Breakfast, which was included in my rate, was also quite good (ready-to-order omlets, etc.), but, again, nothing to write home about.

Though I did not particularly like the location of the hotel, I did feel safe throughout my stay.

Unique Quality: Nothing unique

• Squinchez's Profile Photo

xyz

All i can say is that this Hotel completely wins your heart the very moment you lay your eyes on it. The lush green grass, the Beautiful exotically manicured garden, the warm ambience, the gracious service. what more could you dream of!!

Unique Quality: The hotel was previously known as Mayfair court Hotel in colonial era, you notice this by its historic colonial charm. It was later refurbished and converted to a five star Hotel when the Holiday Inn group took over. Its a really nice place to getaway from the Noisy streets of Nairobi.

Directions: 20 Kilometers from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Very good but expensive

I took a taxi first, asking my driver to show me some hotels around. He drove me to the Intercontinental first, which I didn't like much because it is huge hotel with many rooms and besides, it is situated in the city center. I told him to show me another hotel, smaller and away from the skycrapers. Holiday Inn was his next option and I decided to stay here.
    Hotel is situated away from the city center in the area called Westland. It was love on the first sight, one-storey construction, all in greenery with beautiful gardens inside the hotel area and a couple of very clean pools. I highly recommend it.

Unique Quality: COMING SOON

Directions: The area of Westlands

More about Holiday Inn Nairobi

When in Nairobi

by croisbeauty about Holiday Inn

One of the first things I have learned in Nairobi is dualism in prices for the hotel room. One price excists for the locals, in this case it is 100 $, and the other for the tourists which is double.
Holiday Inn is situated in the area of Westlands, which is residential area for the well standing Kenyans and whites who live here. The whole area is well secured and surrounded by the greenery. The room is pretty big , air-conditioned, has tv-set and separed bathroom. This accomodation is highly recommended for those who like to enjoy in the peacefull atmosphere. There is nice restaurant offering variety of, both domestic and international dishes for the breakfast. The hotel is composed of several one-storey buildings, with nice gardens in between and two pools.

Sheldrake Orphanage

by lisablink

Hi

Can anyone help? We fly into Nairobi in August on a Sunday around 8am. We have our accomodation booked but cant book into our room until 2pm. Whilst we can use the facilities, I wanted to take advantage of this spare time. We only really have this day to go round Nairobi as the rest of the time will be spent on a 7 night safari. I wondered if it would be possible to squeeze a trip to the elephant orphanage. We're staying at the Holiday Inn, Nairobi. How practical is it to get from our hotel to the orphange in time to view the baby elephants before checking into our room for 2pm?

Many thanks

Lisa

RE: Sheldrake Orphanage

by Krumel

The elephant orphanage is usually only open for one hour every day between 11am and noon. During this hour the baby elephants are brought out to play and to feed, and visitors can watch them from behind a rope. Wardens are on hand to explain the work of the orphanage and to answer any questions.

I am not sure whether they are open on Sundays. You should check with them before you make your way there.

Website: www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org
Phone: +254 2 891996

RE: RE: Sheldrake Orphanage

by ocicat

To add to what Birgit said, they are open only at 11am for general visitors tho I too don't know what days of the week. However...if you sponsor one of the babies, you can visit them in the late afternoon at a certain time. Do contact them if you are interested in that route.

TJ

RE: RE: Sheldrake Orphanage

by Osmun79

From downtown it is probably 15-20 minutes by Matatu or Taxi depending on traffic. Leaving early only gets you in the traffic snarl, so leave at 9 instead of 8 so traffic can clear out. Langata is not far from downtown at all.

Comments